Practice Quoting and Multi-quoting here. (I need this thread!)

I need more practice, or to give up entirely

trying to multi quote and used * as place holders

I’ve probably already asked, but will ask again.

Are we going to be able to quote whole posts in the future? I am deleting one character or something just to be able to quote…

You only need to do that if your post comes immediately after the quoted post.

quote test

Thank you.

Hey, thanks to you guys, I think I just learned how to multi-quote!

I could use help quoting newspaper articles. I just get the word “quote” in plaintext around the quote.

An easy way is to type
[quote]

[/quote]
into your edit box on 3 separate lines by themselves just as I did.

Then paste whatever text you get from wherever else into the blank line between the two “quote” tags. Done.

Note that unlike the old board you can’t keep typing right after the ending [/quote] tag; you need to continue your typing on the next line. And if you want to include the url of your source, include that as text inside the quote tags.

There are other ways to do quoting, but this one is the most similar to the old board.

Let’s try this then.

Link: MSN News

It worked! Thanks LSLGuy!

THANK YOU for this. This change was really messing with my muscle memory and I kept having to start over using the highlight-to-quote feature instead.

OK, this multi-quote feature with the highlight-to-quote is pretty freaking awesome.

I’m trying to quote from off board pages so excuse my mess.

Trump seems to be calling himself "The Lone Warrior," which doesn't make a lot of sense.
  1. He isn’t a warrior. He dodged the war with bone spurs.
  2. Maybe he wants to be like “The Lone Ranger,” but the Lone Ranger at least wore a f***ing mask.

Did that work?
It seems like it did but there has to be an easier way.
The quote tags don’t work the same as they did on the old board and I don’t understand the blockquote thing.

Trump seems to be calling himself “The Lone Warrior,” which doesn’t make a lot of sense.

1. He isn’t a warrior. He dodged the war with bone spurs.
  2. Maybe he wants to be like “The Lone Ranger,” but the Lone Ranger at least wore a f***ing mask.

Okay. So you have to have the ‘>’ at the start of each line.

I still don’t understand how the blockquote thing works for anything longer than one sentence.

I think you need the blockquote for each paragraph, not each sentence (unless the paragraph is only one sentence). Idk how to do a blockquote for more than 1 paragraph, though.

Use your mouse to highlight the text you want to quote. A icon pops up to quote it, it works fast and easy across multiple lines of text.

The blockquote markup in the editor is more cumbersome to use.

Just testing block quote.

The wolf ( Canis lupus [a]), also known as the gray wolf or grey wolf , is a large canine native to Eurasia and North America. More than thirty subspecies of Canis lupus have been recognized, and gray wolves, as colloquially understood, comprise non-domestic/feral subspecies. The wolf is the largest extant member of Canidae, males averaging 40 kg (88 lb) and females 37 kg (82 lb). Wolves measure 105–160 cm (41–63 in) in length and 80–85 cm (31–33 in) at shoulder height. The wolf is also distinguished from other Canis species by its less pointed ears and muzzle, as well as a shorter torso and a longer tail. The wolf is nonetheless related closely enough to smaller Canis species, such as the coyote and the golden jackal, to produce fertile hybrids with them. The banded fur of a wolf is usually mottled white, brown, gray, and black, although subspecies in the arctic region may be nearly all white.

Buckingham Palace said Thursday they would not comment on the arrest of Jeffrey Epstein’s confidant Ghislaine Maxwell in New Hampshire earlier that day.
“This is not something for us to comment on,” a spokesperson for the Palace told CNN.
Prince Andrew, the son of Queen Elizabeth II, faces allegations stemming from his relationship with Epstein, who died by apparent suicide in August 2019 while awaiting trial on federal charges that he sexually abused underage girls and ran a sex-trafficking ring.

Ok. I think I now understand how to use the blockquote but it is not as intuitive as the old system.

Ah, helps to have the toolbar turned on if you want the speech bubble

test This is just a test.