Practice Quoting and Multi-quoting here. (I need this thread!)

Let’s see if this worked.

However, you still are not allowed to quote the entire post of the previous poster in the thread. It deletes the quote via an automatic edit. I have gotten into the habit of deleting the last period or punctuation mark of quotes like that.

I wish we could fix that.

If you really need to make a short post, you can add extra length, then edit down. That works

How do you quote from an article?

I selected the text and copied.

Hit the bubble and pasted. That somehow put a thread quote?

I just want to quote From a news article.

Ok, manually typing in quote tags still works.

The bubble really messed up a post I made in Mundane.

Test.

ETA: Test satisfactory – complete text of immediately previous post.

I wanna practice quotes too

Mine are public domain.

added-- I quoted the bubble and saw it in quotes, but it does not appear.

In order for an entire quote to appear, you have to drop a character from it (the last period, in this case) or add something to it (   just those characters from the ampersand to the semicolon) which makes an invisible space )

Trying again.

ETA: Double What the Fuck. Does this change the rule about editing a quote?

Yes. That’s why it’s better to add an invisible space or drop the last period. The invisible space goes at the very end of the quote.

Copy my quote above and you can see how I added the invisible space.

Testing

I’m practicing splitting up a quote! Nothing to see here!

I’ll get adventurous and work on multiquotes later!

I can’t figure this out either. How do you quote from a news article without manually adding your own quote tags?

I’ve had mixed results using quote tags. The link creates a big box that makes my quote harder to see. It bugs me that the URL isn’t visible.

If you want the link to be visible, don’t put it on its own line. (it may appear to be on its own line here, but I didn’t hit “enter”.) https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/create-a-playlist/

Let’s give that a try. How to Go from Standard to Open-G Tuning | Acoustic Guitar

It works. :blush: and it didn’t create the big preview box. I took your suggestion and didn’t hit return. Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Discourse is a nice board, but sometimes it tries to anticipate what we want. Gets in the way.

What browser are you using? I’m using Firefox, and it works fine. Browsers do make a difference with different applications.