As most of you probably know, I have a little 8 month old Chinese Crested dog named Gizmo. For the last couple of weeks, he has been sick. He has been throwing up and having diarhea (sp?). Two courses of antibiotics from the vet, and it still hasn’t gotten any better. Tonight, however, he has taken a turn for the worst.
After his dinner of chicken and rice (this is all he is allowed to eat… apparently it’s like when people eat crackers when they have sore tummys) he vomited almost immediatly. He would stop vomiting for around five to ten minutes, and then he would vomit again. He did this around 10 times. We rushed him to our 24 hour vet, who checked him over. Her prognosis isn’t good. He either has an obstruction in his bowels, which will have to be removed by surgery, a failing gland in his liver or pancreas, or an extremly serious infection in his bowels and stomach. She let him come home with us tonight, as his bloodpressure was good and he was hydrated, but she gave him a shot of Metomide (which will stop his vomiting.) and told us to watch out for him. She told us that, for tonight at least, it’s not life threatening, however, if he vomits or has diarhea even once again tonight, he has to be rushed back in. Tomorrow morning, he will go to our regular vet for an x ray, an ultrasound, and some testing of his stools and blood.
He is the light of my life… I can barely think right now. He has been so sick, and he’s so young. It’s just not fair at all. I hope and pray to God that He won’t decide that He needs Gizmo more than I do. I’ll never sleep tonight… even though he is sleeping very comfortably on my lap at the moment. I’m so afraid that I will wake up and he won’t.
Please pray for my baby… he really needs it now.