SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 11

In order to correct the schedules, I’ve had to finalize the teams list. This may cause problems if you haven’t logged in to the league yet (I don’t actually know if it will). If it does, just reply in here. We seem to have just about everyone posting in here so far (only RNATB hasn’t checked in here), so maybe this is posting about nothing.

The schedule has been updated, following the instructions I laid out in my previous post. We are just about set for the new season!

If it helps, I did the digging. Going back the last five years, we’ve done it the way it was listed in the first post. Back in the Year Nine thread, I actually laid this out specifically to avoid confusion about this (welp). This was also noted by Justin_Bailey in the Year Seven thread before the then-commissioner-and-now-missing-person-cold-case reiterated it later in the same thread.

I didn’t go any farther back through the threads, but a search of the word “consolation” never turned up a proposal to change the draft order. For the record, I see the merit in changing it, and would not be opposed; however, I do think it should not change for this season.

And for my own reference next season, we don’t snake the even rounds, dummy.

IIRC we started last year’s draft right around the start of the third preseason games. Is that the plan this time? Do we know when we should have our cuts in and figure out number of draft picks each team has? I know I’m ready to make cuts at anytime, but if people need more time, that’s cool too. But we should start looking forward to starting soon.

We’ve been lucky that the SDMB has not been acting up over weekends lately, but since weekends are when we do the most drafting, that might be something to keep in mind when we start drafting. There was a recent weekend when the board was completely down. Other weekends this summer have seen days of long 502 and 504 errors and timeouts.

Think we could get everyone onto a Discord server as a fall back?

I must be stupid but what’s a Discord server? My fantasy baseball leagues use Google hangouts for our offline draft and general sports banter

Same basic idea, but Discord is a bit more popular in the internet world since it’s easier to remain anonymous. Got really popular in the gamer community.

I had a similar thought a couple days ago but then remembered that the schedule is in the OP, and we’re in fine shape:

Last year the draft went smoothly and quickly, with no concern about running out of time, using a similar schedule as above. I’d forgotten that we wait to post our cuts after the 3rd week games as well, not just start the draft after those games, so that’s pretty much perfect.

I’m assuming we’ll probably start the draft right around noon on that Sunday, when the final cuts are due, because why not?

If anyone would like a formatted roster list, PM me a request and I’ll PM your roster back to you. Last year I wrote a program that generates a roster list automatically with just a couple keystrokes, so I’m happy to save the hassle for anyone interested.

For an example, here’s how Beef’s roster looks, hidden in a spoiler box to reduce thread clutter:

[spoiler]Aaron Rodgers, QB, GB
Sam Darnold, QB, NYJ
Josh Allen, QB, Buf

Jordan Howard, RB, Phi
Nick Chubb, RB, Cle
Ty Montgomery, RB, NYJ
Chris Thompson, RB, Was
Isaiah Crowell, RB, Oak
Jay Ajayi, RB, Phi

Tyler Lockett, WR, Sea
T.Y. Hilton, WR, Ind
Allen Robinson II, WR, Chi
Jordy Nelson, WR, Oak
Josh Gordon, WR, NE
Terrelle Pryor Sr., WR, Jax
Antonio Callaway, WR, Cle
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Chi
Robert Foster, WR, Buf
Chris Conley, WR, Jax
Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, NO
Cameron Meredith, WR, NE

Cameron Brate, TE, TB
Evan Engram, TE, NYG

Matt Prater, K, Det

Los Angeles, DEF, LAC
Denver, DEF, Den
San Francisco, DEF, SF[/spoiler]

It’s not particularly hard to generate these lists manually, but why bother if you don’t have to? The program groups by position but does not currently rank by highest projected points. I suppose I could add that, but my laziness makes that unlikely.

I’m going to be offline this weekend until Sunday night so will miss the cut deadline. However, I will post them that evening when I’m back in town.

I’ve submitted my cuts online, but I will be in Australia for the next 10 days so my picks might be delayed from a timing standpoint. I’ll be able to make my picks but since most picks will be made during my overnight there might be a gap.

I might not be around this weekend, so here are my preliminary cuts:

Josh Adams, RB, Phi
Jordan Matthews, WR, SF
Matt Bryant, K, Atl

I too will need to get my cuts in late Sunday.

Me three

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I will be doing my live fantasy draft today, so more than likely by about 2:00 pm, I will be making poor life choices. So here are my cuts:

Pierre Garcon
Rex Burkhead
Colts D
Keke Coutee

I will have to activate Christian Kirk and Marqise Lee from IR, which will leave me with two draft picks this year. With those, I’ll take Josh Jacobs and David Montgomery.

What?

Cuts:
Alex Smith Was - QB
LeGarrette Blount Det - RB
Chris Ivory Buf - RB
Corey Grant GB - RB
Marshawn Lynch Oak - RB
Antonio Gates LAC - TE

I won’t be around today, so I’ll tell you my pick so you can start the draft anytime.

Josh Jacobs, Oak, RB

I’m still working on cuts this morning, should have them in soon. And I need to pay more attention to west coast football, I’m doing a crash course to see how some of these marginal players are fitting into their respective offenses.

01 Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pit
02 Baker Mayfield, QB, Cle
03 Marcus Mariota, QB, Ten

04 Christian McCaffrey, RB, Car
05 Damien Williams, RB, KC
06 Carlos Hyde, RB, KC
07 Ronald Jones II, RB, TB
08 Trenton Cannon, RB, NYJ

09 Jarvis Landry, WR, Cle
10 Dante Pettis, WR, SF
11 Sterling Shepard, WR, NYG
12 Devin Funchess, WR, Ind
13 Jamison Crowder, WR, NYJ

14 Travis Kelce, TE, KC
15 David Njoku, TE, Cle
16 Jonnu Smith, TE, Ten

17 Harrison Butker, K, KC
18 Aldrick Rosas, K, NYG

19 Cleveland, DEF, Cle
20 New York, DEF, NYG
21 Pittsburgh, DEF, Pit
22 New York, DEF, NYJ

Drops:

Eli Manning, QB, NYG
T.J. Yeldon, RB, Buf
Bilal Powell, RB, NYJ
Adam Shaheen, TE, Chi
Dallas, DEF, Dal
That gives me 3 draft picks.

Didn’t make it home last night, so I’m behind. Will have my cuts and 1.02 in within a few hours. Send offers if interested.

Jesus Christ. Lamar Miller apparently has a torn ACL, which means my season is already toast (I’m down to Phil Lindsay and Mark Ingram at RB, since Kareem Hunt is going to miss most of the season). I’ll trade a lot for a starting RB. In the meantime, my cuts:

Spencer Ware
Jermaine Kearse
Jesse James
Austin Seferian Jenkins
Donta Foreman

Beef, I’ll give you this year and next years’ first-rounders for your pick. Also (and this goes to everyone), basically my entire team is available in trade other than Nuk Hopkins. That includes Hunt and Tyreek Hill.