SDMB Fantasy Football DYNASTY League: Year 11

Alright, so I fucked up here. I had planned to cram my draft research today but ended up not being home all day, then I had some stuff to do, had an hour, then have to work a few hours. But I also could’ve had more research done at any point in the last week so it’s my fault for needing to do all this cramming. On the other hand, a few people seem to be busy this weekend the cuts are coming in slowly, so it may not be a big deal if there’s a little delay and the draft starts slowly.

All that said - I should have my draft pick in within 6 hours or so, after a short shift. Sorry about this.

My cuts:

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Chi
Jordy Nelson, WR, Oak
Terrelle Pryor Sr., WR, Jax
Cameron Meredith, WR, NE
San Francisco, DEF, SF
Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, NO

Isaiah Crowell is already on IR, (and listed that way on Yahoo) so I’m assuming I can just keep him on my IR slot, not taking up one of my active 25 roster spots. If for some reason that’s not workable, I’ll cut him, but it doesn’t seem necessary. It seems unlikely that he’ll have any dynasty value going forward in any case.

I thought I had posted my cuts and roster review earlier, but I guess I hadn’t. I’ll do the roster review later, but for the sake of timing, here are my cuts:

Nick Foles, Jax
C.J. Anderson, Det
Zach Zenner, Det
Kenneth Dixon, Bal
Chris Warren, Oak
David Moore, Sea
Rob Gronkowski, NE

I had [del]five four three[/del] two players on IR, so that gives me five picks

Sorry for the delay.

1.02 David Montgomery, RB, Bears
I’ll PM Justin.

How dare you all make picks and not trade them to me.

2019 Draft
1.01:…Petey…Josh Jacobs, RB, Oak
1.02:…Beef…David Montgomery, RB, Chi
1.03:…Justin…
1.04:…Overly…
1.05:…Dale…
1.06:…Omni…
1.07:…Gaffer…
1.08:…Retro…
1.09:…RNATB…
1.10:…Hamlet…
1.11:…Dale…
1.12:…Ellis…

Cuts:

Rod Smith (NYG)
Kelvin Benjamin (FA)
Taywan Taylor (TEN)
Michael Crabtree (ARI)
CJ Uzomah (CIN)

1.03 Miles Sanders, RB, PHI

I was looking at two players for this pick, so if anyone is interested in moving down into the second round in exchange for some veteran talent, let me know.

Sorry for the delay, I work night shift and we had the night from Hell last night. Normally I can play on the SDMB at night after my reports are done, but trying to get an emergency technical team on a Sunday night at the peak of vacation time is a nightmare I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy.

Cuts:
Doug Baldwin
Tyler Higbee
Vernon Davis
Miami D/ST

That’ll finally relieve my tight end glut. I’ve got 3 starting QBs as well with Keenum, Wilson, and Prescott, so I’d be willing to move one for the right deal.

Did anyone PM Overly?

I did just after I made my pick.

Sorry guys I was stalling, trying to get a trade completed, which I am pleased to announce as thus:

Overly Sentimental receives:
Todd Gurley II, RB, LAR

Warner’s Brothers receives:
2020 Round 1 pick
2020 Round 3 pick

I’ll be back with my cuts and my pick in a couple hours.

Well, damn. I would have given you more than that for Gurley.

Depends how his knee holds up.

I figure it’s a risk for sure, but in my mind a proven all Star is worth any 2 draft picks.

Actually, thinking back to the playoffs, he got benched at halftime for sucking after successfully coming back from the injury the previous week. So that’s not great.

They did resign the backup and draft another RB in the 3rd round this year, but it’s a change of pace back so maybe that means nothing. Or maybe it’s RBBC time.

I don’t know. I’d be happy if I had him, but I don’t know how much more I’d pay for him than was paid. Probably a little more, but probably not a ton more.

Somebody please remind me how post-draft players work? Everybody goes on on waivers? How do waivers work? Is it a FAAB thing?

All players go on waivers for 2 days and are won by FAAB bids.

I think I explained our trade balancing procedures last year to the new players, but draft trades have to balance out in terms of both players ending the draft with 25 players total.

So, for example, if you’re trading Gurley for nothing in 2019. So it ends up being that Dale will finish the draft with 24 players, and Overly will finish the draft with 26 (if he uses all his current draft slots). Obviously that doesn’t make sense, so there’s an easy solution. Overly can’t use his last round draft slot anyway (because he’s now using it to keep Gurley), so we send his last pick over to Dale, who now has 25 spots. And everyone has 25 draft slots and is in balance again.

Similarly, next year he’s sending you two draft picks, and in return for that, you’d have to send him your last 2 draft picks. It may seem like you’re losing something, or throwing in something “extra”, but you’re not - you wouldn’t use those draft picks. Because let’s say you have picks in rounds 1-5, but then you get Overly’s picks in rounds 1 and 3. Now you have picks in rounds 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 but you only have 5 player slots to fill (your roster is at 20 and needs to be 25) - in that case you can only draft players with 1 1 2 3 3 and you can’t use 4 and 5. So those end up going to Overly to balance it out.

Hope I explained that correctly. It makes sense.

Cuts:
Tyrod Taylor
Smallwood
Mostert
Javorious Allen
Parkey
Seals-Jones

Pick:
1.04 Darrell Henderson, Jr. LAR- RB

Oooo, that’s dirty.

Faster would be better…

Hi folks, back from my trip and recovered from an illness. What do I need to do to get caught up here? I assume I need to put together a quick cut list?