Shup up wiith the "shut up" already

Let’s go with the hypothetical that all of that is exactly spot on.

Pretty sure you know how to add someone to an ignore list, or maybe even just scroll past someone.

Here:

You can manage that. (Or scrolling past.) I know you can.

And unless you get some other buzz off of being a shit flinging monkey in a troop of other shit flinging monkeys you would. (All the cool monkeys are flinging shit!)

I will do my best not to say BigTard - on this point, we can agree.

As to the rest, I can’t. It has, imo, nothing to do with “funny” - it’s his holier than though finger wagging and lecturing as if he’s handing down what should be the bright lights of our nightime sky and the absolute points on our collective moral compass. Who the hell is he to presume to be the arbiter of what is right and good? He’s nobody. He has no experience from which to pull his platitudes, and I’m sick of him. I slam the door on people who come to mine to “spread the good news” just the way I’m slamming my internet door on him by telling him to shut the fuck up.

And yes, DSeid, I know how ignore works. It doesn’t keep me from seeing him prattle on in all cases.

Did someone say something? All I hear is this.

Perhaps Shut Up Big Dope would be a nice compromise?

The “think it’s funny” point is that everyone has to go off on him with the most hyperbolic abuse. It reels of recreational outrage. SlackerInc actually, openly argues that whites and Asians are genetically superior and that we should give up trying to educate black students unless they show some sort of amazing faculty for learning. Y’all treat him with more respect–you don’t use slurs with him, you don’t write Shakesperian style insults the way you do with BigT. And if you just want to talk about offensive and creepy, Shagnasty is so much furhter down that spectrum than anyone else that it’s not even funny. BigT is often misguided, over-confident, smug, etc. But he never advocates hurting anyone. Y’all write 500 word spiels jumping his shit over even innocuous things because now you go looking for shit. He’s like that girl at work who really is pretty awful, but everyone bitches so much it gets to the point that that person can’t cure cancer without making people roll their eyes.

Let me tell you how bad this is: I’ve been here 19 years without a break, and I like to think in that 19 years I’ve been a solid, reasonable poster. But I’m honestly nervous that posting in defense of BigT will make me the target of attacks in other threads because there are some people who seem bizarrely emotionally attached to telling him off. It’s not that he’s perfect–but the spiteful glee that some people seem to take in regards to him is literally unique on this board.

Well, I haven’t done any of those things (except chime in on Shagnasty’s Pit Thread), and I am speaking only for myself. I just wanted to respond from my own pov as to why he bothers me. Please don’t include me in “y’all”. :slight_smile:

People show SlackerInc with respect? Since WHEN? I seem to remember him getting roundly criticized in his threads where he states that massive pile of bullshit. And how many times has Shagnasty been pitted? I’d say he’s far more loathsome that BigT, and I don’t think many would disagree.
BigT is just like nails on a chalkboard. Most people have already mentioned the lecturing, but all I’ll add another thing that pisses me off: his constant insistance that him (and anyone else) with a mental illness has to be treated with kid gloves, and shouldn’t have to follow the rules. It’s like, “well, they can’t always understand the way things work – they have X!!!” “Don’t you understand!!! You’re picking on me because I’m mentally ill!!!”
That kind of thing irritates the shit out of me. “You can’t pick on me – I’m ill!!!” FUCK THAT. He’s not the only one on this board with anxiety issues. There have been times he’s stated that certain people should get special treatment even after they specifically said they don’t want it. I HATE his patronizing attitude – that those who are sick are weak and feeble.

BigT makes me think of nursing home attendents who talk down to the patients, like they’re children. “There Mrs. Smith, wasn’t that a nice meal? Did you want to go outside for lunch? Oh you forgot your sweater – now that wasn’t very nice to throw your juice on me! You know you’re not supposed to do that.”
Look, I like you Manda Jo, but I think you’re really off on this. No, I don’t think BigT reaches the depths of the other two. But that doesn’t mean he can’t be an annoying jagoff.

I don’t really want to continue this because I will feel like I’m encouraging a pile on. And I don’t pay attention to which posters are the worst offenders on this. I will just say that my general impression is that their is a hyperbolic edge to the abuse he gets that at times seems more about recreational outrage than proportional response.

I also prefer picking on mentally ill people, it’s easier and the chance to exacerbate someone’s anxieties many miles away with only words makes me feel powerful.

Seriously, not every zinger has to be given life. When someone posts a two sentence paragraph to you, your specific thoughts on each sentence is not required or recommended. Compose a single reply and work in your favourite zinger.

BTW. You let my “there” when it should have been “their” slide? What poor excuse for a pedant are you?!?

and they’re so annoying! I stalk them all the time.

Thanks. Don’t know how much good it’ll do ya, and I have the worst offenders on ignore anyways, but I do appreciate this sort of thing.

I had a long post where I point out once again what’s really going on here, and how counterproductive telling me to shut up is–how it just makes it look like you don’t have a proper counterargument, and how it has clearly not caused me to shut up. Or how past problems with me aren’t really relevant in those threads, since something else is being discussed. Or how you give so many other people a pass.

But it’s pointless. Maybe other people pointing out the obvious will help, but it’s clear no one is going to listen to me. Even Trump supporters will listen to me more than these folk. Hell, I’m pretty sure they hate me more than him.

Cheers.

(I am not calling BigT a troll, in fact I consider this somewhat complimentary, but I can see how it could be read that way.)

Although I’m sure he’d vastly prefer positive attention, I get the feeling he actually prefers all the negative attention to the alternative of no attention. For instance, I don’t think he’d trade “places” with someone who has a similar tenure/post-count, but gets little attention, positive or negative.

As long as those feeding him are careful to avoid gluten*, this could just be the best of all possible worlds.**

• See, even I somehow know the dude’s mundane deets like he’s a rock star!

** That’s for those who think I don’t milk my moniker enough.

(ETA: Dang now my post doesn’t flow with BigT right before me…)

I’m not one of those that tell you to shut up all the time but you actually do moralize a fucking lot. Maybe work on your phrasing.

What do you call the person who White Knights the White Knight?

Was that you in my bushes last night?

Hmm…no. I don’t have you on my list.

Shut up, LittleTee!

Fuck off, little twerp!