Summarize your work in the MMP

Hi there! I’ve been on the Camino for 3 weeks and I just don’t think I’ll have time to read your hundreds of posts, excellent though I’m sure they are. So please bring me up to date: whatcha been doing since September 16? Give us your bullet points so I can resynchronize!

W00T! FIRST!

  • Slept
  • Ate
  • Cocktails
  • Work
  • Spot

My normal existence, with the usual amount of feline silliness. :slight_smile:

And off to heave. It’s 64 degrees Ferret Height(17.778 Centipedes)

Still selling :pizza:

I flew into Pamplona, then walked east to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, which is the traditional starting point for the Camino Francés (though usualy people take the train, bus, or shuttle to get there rather than walking “backward” over the Pyrenees). I met Kiwi friends coming in by train and we had a delightful dinner. I then took buses for two days because my knee was a sore and I had no need to walk over the Pyrenees again so soon. I walked from Zubiri to Burgos, with a few detours to visit other towns and sights. I was able to intersect for a non-alcoholic beer and potato chip break with a writer friend who was walking the opposite way. From Burgos, there’s an easy train to Madrid, where I spent the night before flying back to the US.

I appreciated the walk, the places, the history, and the conversations, though this wasn’t the most enjoyable Camino I’ve walked. I mostly stayed in albergues (Camino hostels) with a few non-pilgrim hostels and low-star hotels in the mix. I most liked photographing places I’ve written about so I can post them on my author blog.

When I’m reorganized in a few days, I’ll post some photos.

Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 16c/61f with a predicted high of 17c/63f and cloudy. Weather app says "Oh, Mrs Sun! Please show the fuck up, you fucking twit.!

In the last 3 weeks, I’ve been away, come home, had a stinking cold, been to work, survived death threats and noxious substances smeared on doors at work, been to a music festival and several gigs. Still having fun!

Today is likely to be busy both in work and out. I need to go to the petrol station at lunchtime and take 'im indoors with me so he can help me work out if one of the tyres needs air, or if the problem lies with the tyre pressure senser. Then he can go to the gym and I can do the grocery shopping. After irk, I’m off to the gym. In work, I have pesky programme transfers to deal with and timetables to sort out. My to-do list gets longer and longer but things aren’t getting done as quickly as I’d like.

I point at things and talk

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 72 Amurrkin out with heavy rain with a predicted high of 76 and rain all day. Obviously, the plan of the day is to stay inside and dry. RDOS sloth will rule. Sup will be bbq poke sammiches, oven fries, coleslaw and baked beans. I suppose makin’ beans and slaw could be counted as productive.

Lily sounds like an enjoyable trip. I look forward to seein’ pics. As to what I have been up to:

  • RDOS sloth
  • Yahd irk
  • Church stuff such as candle and other duties and Vergerin’
  • Make and eat foodstuffs
  • Day drinkin’
  • Nappage
  • Quality cee-mint pond time (now over for the year)
  • Miscellaneous shenanigans

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the soggy, soggy day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Holy emollients, it’s Monday morning. My legs woke me up about an hour early, so I got up, started coffee, and disassembled a mandarin orange.

Lily, you asked what happened in the last 3 weeks. Mrs. Nott had a birthday, bringing us to the part of the year when we are both the same age. We are an age that’s significant to crapshooters, and probably numerologists. I don’t practice either of those rituals, so I could be wrong about that.

I completely miss the point of pilgrimages. Large numbers of people walk great distances to achieve some spiritual goal. These days, most of them pile grimly into buses and planes instead of walking. What does that do for the pilgrims? I sorta grasp treading the same paths that Jesus or Muhammad walked, but when did either of them go to Spain?

Outside, it’s 45F and sunny. A high of 67F is predicted. Now, I will stand up and walk to the next room, where I’ll sit next to a different computer device. That gadget will show me GoComics and an assortment of puzzles and political commentary. Life is good, right?

Continuing the never-ending struggle to perfect my hanging-out technique. It’s been above 95% for a few years now. The last few percent are nearly impossible to achieve.

Stoopit DC Beltway traffic. Sloooooow start to our trip. More later.

Happy Moanday.

Lily I’d love to hear about your walk. Did you journal or do a blog or something that we can read?

My life in 3 weeks: horse (vet visits and riding). Me, doctor and riding. Cat, hanging around.

Good morning.

It’s 47F, with a few clouds, and a sliver of the moon is showing. Today’s expected high is 68F, with morning fog and some afternoon clouds and sun.

My life in three weeks:

  • Husband’s birthday.

  • Two weekends hanging out with my son and his dog.

  • Patio sliding door with built-in pet door installation.

  • Some weeding, some lounging, some lunches out, and that’s about it.

JtC, I’m sorry you’ve been so ill. I hope you’re feeling much better today.

FCM, I’m sorry your trip has started out on an annoying note. I hope the rest of the trip smooths out.

I need to wash the dog blankets today. I should probably wash the guest room sheets and comforter, too. I’ll probably catch some trash TV, too.

Alright, time for more coffee.

Please take care of yourselves.

Lessee

  • RDOS
  • horsepistol
  • RDOS

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted and fixing to do KP. I need to take out the trash today, go to the post office and pick up some prescriptions. Afterward, I’ll mess around in the studio.

Y’all have a great day!

Good morning, everyone. I’ve had to go back on my Trazadone so I can stay asleep, which sucks because I need more medication like I need a hole in my head. However, I’m not up for two hours at three in the morning going, “Oh jeez. My shirt lightly brushed me.” I just saw off Mrs Magill’s family, and now I have a fridge full of leftovers, so I don’t have to cook this week. “But Maus”, I hear you say, “won’t you get tired of barbecue, pimento cheese, and Moussaka?” To which I say, “Heresy!!!”

My Grandma Magill’s family had a pecan grove on their property Down East. You did not want to walk out there until they had all fallen. Ask me how I know…

  • Did yoga.
  • Band
  • Slept through my walking alarm nearly every morning for some strange reason, despite going to bed at a reasonable hour.
  • Band
  • Cute Chloé antics
  • Band[1]
  • Oh, yes. Some little, minor thing called: Started my medical transition.

Lily Your experience sounded wonderful. My Uncle Maus and his late husband did the pilgrimage about twenty or twenty-five years ago. They had repeatedly tried to get Mrs Magill and me to do it, but we had young children at that time. What king of training did you all do?

More possible TMI - I bought a bralette this weekend. It has helped immensely. It provides pressure, which is not uncomfortable, but it’s better than my shirt brushing past my top. I’m no longer pulling my shirt away from me, so winning?

Mrs Magill and I talked about boob sensitivity this weekend while we were out and about. She said, “Yeah, for most girls that’ll go on for a year or two until your mom finally believes you and buys you a bra.”


  1. Yes - it’s Band season. Why do you ask? ↩︎

the usual weekend. cloudy, rainy, good for reading until 5am. yep, that happened.

back to the office today, so i just read until 2am.

Just like David Attenborough !

I go to meetings, nod and drink (mostly crappy) coffee, …
.

If I ain’t busy with that, …

… I am at home and drink (mostly great) coffee.

When at home, I listen to music instead of nodding.

  1. New cabinets and tile for the kitchen. New oven and air fryer, too.
  2. Planning next years’ trip to Ukraine.
  3. New gym
  4. Fired a PITA client