The bad thing about wimmins is...

Real men can eat anything! Lard, shmard.

Hey Tech, I have one of the louder Stereos in the South (loudest?), but women have that piercing, go through a brick wall kind of whine that can be heard for miles. Any stereo pales in comparison.

Ah ChrisP, the beauty of it is, not all of us wimmins are like that.

I just have that evil, you will die if you look in my eyes, stare.

I think you are mistaken techchick, that’s the “turn a man’s brain into tapioca pudding stare.”

My brothers:

Right on the money about incessant complaining about male driving (they haven’t died in a car wreck one time, yet still they complain).

And I agree that no female should come within five paces of the grill. That is a testicles-only zone.

I would also like to submit that, while I appreciate your offers to help, never, never touch my lawnmower or my hedge-trimmers. Those are manly tasks. And I will get to them. Eventually.

And by all means, rather than attacking a little snag in life’s fabric with direct corrective action, let’s play pout-What’s wrong-Nothing-pout-What’s Wrong-Nothing for a day or so.

Ah. That was invigorating. Kind of like primal scream therapy.

You can have the lawnmower and hedge trimmers (though I have mowed waist high grass in the middle of summer, with rattlesnakes everywhere, thankyouverymuch). I’m perfectly content with the carpentry aspect of home maintenance (Habitat for Humanity does pay off).

There is only one area of maleness, which you are more than welcome to. That would be the “Kill the Bug” area. Specifically, the “Kill the Spider” domain. It’s all yours.

Milo,

Your response lends me to believe that a woman that can do “traditional” men things is a threat to you.

Oh so sad. < shaking head >

Well my dear, guess that’s one less man to enjoy my tasty beef kabobs or awesome pepper steak.

One less man to enjoy my company in a vehicle.

That’s okay, I apparently have a few fans so one less fan of my independence does not bother me one bit.

< grin >

Damn. They’re really doing GREAT things with surgery these days.

We did not have a lawn mower when we moved in to this house. My husband hates yard work anyway. So do I, but after 5 weeks of the traditional Michigan Rainy Summer, the backyard was looking like a rainforest. We finally got around to getting a mower.

I wanted to mow the lawn. I wanted to. It was my birthday, and I wanted to get out in the sun and mow the lawn. It’s good exercise. Did I mow the lawn? Noooooo. My “I hate yardwork” husband decided to do it. “It takes a special mix of gas & oil, and I don’t want the lawn mower to get messed up.” he says. “Besides, I want to see how it runs.”

WTF??? I want to mow the damn lawn! No, I don’t much care for yardwork, but this is something I really DO feel like doing. I fucking KNOW how to run a lawn mower–did it for years when I was a kid. If it takes a gas/oil mix, just tell me how damn much each & I’ll do it. I can cook, I know how to measure.

But nooooooooo. He gets all testosterony on me.

Okay, so the lawn looked good when he got done. Now, he didn’t do any edging or fancy stuff, but the lawn was mowed, and the lawn mower didn’t blow up.

But dammit, I WANTED to do it! I know how to do it!

Grrrrrr…maybe when it comes time to trim the hedges, I’ll insist that he do it.

Persephone, my dear:

When you decide to do the hedges, could you please wear that sexy serving wench outfit? :smiley:

:::Ducking and RUNNING:::

Dear Bluepony: Of course I’ll wear the wench outfit…as long as you promise to hide your naked self in the hedges, so I can accidentally clip Little Bluepony with the trimmers.

Of course, I’m sure Little Bluepony is actually a monster, so the trimmers would probably just snap right in two on contact with him.

…eeek! Get that beast away from me…

This is one of the funnier threads I read in awhile.

Hey techie wanna get hitched?

Honey, is that you?

There is a certain male touch only a male can have. Women may try to imitate it but it’s not the same, although as this thread is proof, it will turn guys on.

:scattering&laughing:

Only because they figure that if they can’t beat it, and they can’t join it, they’ll either fuck it or make fun of it, Silo.

Unless, of course, you’re techchick. At least the guys here are showing the good sense to worship her like the goddess that she is.

Of course, I mean if the guys can’t beat it, etc. Yikes.

… that not one of them, not one, will have sex with me.

::: sigh :::

I was talking to a friend last night over the phone and we had a good laugh over this :wink:

It does go both ways however. I have seen many threads
saying men are all pigs and just want a lay. But there are men that are somewhat femine and gentlemanly like myself that will cater to women (open doors for them, lay their coat over a puddle so they don’t dirty their feet, etc…), listen to them, and put ourselves on the back burner and treat them like real ladies. I suppose there aren’t many of us on either side (i.e. women that aren’t scared of manly things and embrace them, and sensitive men).

The estrogen level is rising again, I’ll just take my leatherman out of the pouch and polish it for a while, that might help.

That sounds so incredibly bad… I apologize.

I always hold the door for women, I had a couple of them (they were in those comfortable shoes) tell me once that they didn’t need anyone to hold the door for them and opted to use another door. The two elderly ladies behind them took my offer and one of them patted me on the shoulder as she passed and said they still appreciated a gentleman.

Lola is amazed that I still hold the door for her after all these years together.

It seems like things all over the pit have been estrogen charged today, peaceful… calm…

Maybe Lola’s elbow to the face knocked something loose, it was purely accidental. What she lacks in grace she makes up for with intelligence, wit, and a ton of sex appeal.

Yep… something got knocked out of whack… sq… squi…squicki… SQUICKING!!!

I’m okay.

Get UncleBeers book. Look here http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=30823 That will set things straight!