The Book of Boba Fett

Ah. That was my mistake. Whenever I took HK, I would have him kill everyone, since I was playing dark side.

Am I the only one who thought they looked like the kind of thing you would ride on a mid-70s carnival ride?

All I know, is if you just had a droid eye implanted in the back of your head, you wouldn’t need all those mirrors.

I was thinking repuslorlift Vespas.

I kind of get what the show was going for there, with the not-quite-serious local “biker gang” (in contrast to the very serious Nikto biker gang in the flashback timeframe). But I also thought it didn’t quite work.

I think a big part of the problem is that the series was created by Jon Favreau, who’s also credited as the writer for the three episodes so far, but the show runner, who also directed the first episode, is Robert Rodriguez. And I don’t think their visions are fully compatible, so we’re getting kind of a hybrid that doesn’t quite work. I think maybe Favreau and Filoni were hoping for the Robert Rodriguez who directed Desperado and Sin City, and instead got the Robert Rodriguez who directed Spy Kids.

Those were entertaining movies!

I thought of the iDaleks.

Others thought of Power Rangers.

I liked the first one, but thought they declined as the series went on.

Regardless, I don’t think the issue is the quality, it’s the tone and style. We’ve gotten The Mandalorian as the Man With No Name crossed with Lone Wolf and Cub. The Robert Rodiguez who directed Desperado could do an amazing job with Boba Fett as Yojimbo, which I think is maybe what Favreau and Filoni were originally aiming for. The Robert Rodriguez who directed Spy Kids is still a very good director, but he’s making a very different kind of movie.

They’re clearly mods, which makes the vicious bikers rockers. Whose side will the deaf, dumb, and blind Rancor take.

It’s interesting how the episode that everyone has universally praised out of the three was the only one not directed by Rodriguez.

He’s a mocker.

They looked very similar to the Power Rangers’ motorcycles, yeah.

Props to Carey Jones as Black Krrsantan; with just body language and looks, he radiated menace.

Certain parts of Twitter appreciate him.

I concur with the view that the show doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be. Because basically Boba Fett is 1) a badass former bounty hunter who kicks ass, Mad Max style, and who 2) just wants everyone to be nice to each other, just because.

Which, really, is the theme. Fett adopts Fennec, the Gammoreans, the kid gang, the rancor, the Tusken Raiders, and eventually probably our new Wookie friend too, in an attempt to usher in a kinder, gentler dystopian hellscape. And everyone else in the show is as baffled by this as we are.

Sounds like a genre of anime.

If the modern comics are considered canon (and I’m pretty sure that they are) they have already worked together before.

That deaf, dumb and blind Rancor sure plays a mean Pazaak!

At one point I expected Fett to check his quest log to remind himself what he should be doing.

Or to say to Black Krrsantan “I used to be a bounty hunter like you, then I took an arrow in the knee”.

Agree with the complaints about that chase scene. It was 4 vespas chasing a reliant robin.