The Labor Day MMP

I wish I could go to a library, but many libraries around here have bedbugs, which scares me off.

I do have an appointment today in an air-conditioned place, so that’ll be good. How I’ll survive tomorrow before I can get to my evening band rehearsal, I don’t know.

Lucky you, although it really isn’t that hard, just a pita.
My mother is exempt now because of her age and how little she drives.

a) You aren’t in the service area of our center.

b) I never did like you.

:smiley:
I did get the book we pre-ordered today that I put on the postal pallet yesterday while on my favorite lane. But I will never – repeat: NEVER – order dog food, kitty litter, or sodas. <best John Adams 1776 voice> NEVVAH!!!

My least favorite manager (or as we all lovingly refer to her – That Bitch From Hell) has taken to assigning me to the oversized section. Yeah, lets take the 60 year old guy with the bum ticker and have him sling 300+ 50#+ boxes around. :smack: And me being the stubborn fool I am when she insists I actually do it. The OW assures me that between the firm and the various judges we know I could leave her a very rich widow after all. :stuck_out_tongue:

For some people, especially those in rural areas where the nearby store is 20 miles, we don’t mind too terribly much (except for dog food and that is partly the stupid way its boxed by the FCs). What gripes us is more the person whose front door is 10 feet from the car. Or my one beloved neighbor with 5 huge dogs (think small horse size) who buys everything local except their food. Again, 10 feet from the car to door. Luckily she uses Chewey or the like and not us or I would probably strangle her.

On other news; the OW took the day off for her dentist so we went to Dive Diner for brunch; I had dinner and she had breakfast. We’re into another spell of 90+ with dew points in the mid-70s so mostly we are just lazing.

dammit.

You could always move within gunshot ------- I MEAN RANGE -------- I mean into our service area. Yeah, that’s right – within our service area. :stuck_out_tongue:
Ignore the backhoe and the family farm. And just think the last part of your name. :slight_smile:

I need more time at the range. Twice out of 20 last week, the guy could beat me to death with a bar stool while he bled out.

Thats the nice thing with cannons; I can take out the whole bar from a distance. :smiley:

My local range is hiring - position: Target. You could spend more time at the range & get paid for it. Win-win.

You’re welcome.
Home from long wickend. Shoulda gone to Vegas since what happens there stays there, so if one becomes under the weather you’re magically all better when you step off the plane at home, right? Right?

In other news, I got to be a photographer/videographer for a wedding on Sun evening & I’m going to my favorite festival this weekend.

I have no idea what all I was going to tell you, but you made me laugh while I caught up on the MMP. :slight_smile:

Happy Second Monday everyone.

I guess y’all hate me then Ruble.

I always order kitty litter and dog food from the jungle. Well, I haven’t ordered kitty litter in a long time as Adam prefers the great outdoors as his litter box. Dog food is cheaper through the jungle.

Time to wake up and get ready for the doc.

**FCD **dropped Higgs off at the groomers so I’ll pick her up on my way home. Hope he left the leash…

It’s been a productive day. I mostly stayed awake. And it’s almost time to bail. YAY!!!

I had family in town over the long weekend, so I spent most of my time away from a keyboard and with them.

Over the weekend, we realized that the cold air from the AC wasn’t blowing through the house. The AC kicked on, but there was nothing to feel by the registers. Blurf. Had a repairman come in and check it out: the blower is completely seized. It would cost $1000 to fix. Or we can just replace the furnace. At this point, the furnace is already over 20 years old, so we might as well replace it. It’s not a cost we wanted to put out right now, but we gotta do what we gotta do. It’s humid and hot today, but it’ll cool off into the mid 70s for the next few days and even cooler after that for a few more days. Nothing in the 80s or below the 60s for the next couple weeks while we go through the process of replacing the furnace.

Bright side: I’m sure the new furnace will be more energy efficient than the existing one, so I look forward to our utility bills going down.

Horrible day all around. I stopped by the Mother Base to get a certificate of eligible so I can hire a new employee. I found out that another employee had took the cert on Firday to bring to me. She did not bring it. I expressed my aggravation and asked the ladies to never give my stuff to anyone else. Later my boss called and said the ladies said I was rude which they don’t know me cause I can do rude. Anyway, I had to apologize for being rude in order to “be the bigger person”. The lady that had my cert finally brought it and did not even have the nerve to give it directly to me but handed it off to my clerk. Boss said he gave her hell for not bringing it to me on Firday and also told HR not to give my stuff to anyone but me or him. I could have interviewed today had I had that cert. Now as it stands the interviews are on Firday. Just shoot me now.
Tis the beginning of the month and I have not done a tenth of the stuff I need to do because I had to do another project that was due today that I just found out about late last week. No one needs to hound me about stuff being late because I will be rude. I think I shall go home and tie one on.

If I could I would leave here today and never come back. Bunch of wimpy assholes.

Damn job. If I could I would.

So after all of that picking and shoveling and raking, I did have a Labor Day treat. I went down to the corner market and picked up a couple of their excellent rib-eye steaks and cooked them out on the grill. So we had steaks and green salads for our holiday dinner. :slight_smile:

**Juliet **- we replaced an ancient HVAC system 2 years after moving here. The difference was amazing! But now that new system is 12 years old… We have it serviced annually - here’s hoping that adds to its longevity. We don’t use the furnace all that much since we have the pellet stove, but the AC had been getting a major workout, especially this year. Good luck!

The cake is nearly done - it smells chocolatey in there. Butter is softening for the frosting. Too bad we can’t eat it till tomorrow.

Supper tonight is miscellaneous leftovers.

Them great big dark green peppers they stuff with cheese, cover with cheese and charge $8.00 for at the Meskin restaurant.

Tried again to get help today Again, got nowhere.

Tomorrow might be worse. Hotter than Hell tomorrow. Nowhere air-conditioned to go where I can spend the whole day. Can’t even open my bedroom window because there’s too much noise wheere I live.
I can’t tolerate life anymore.

I’ve reached the place below rock-bottom.

Howdy Y’all! I difilthyfyed da cave, did laundry and put it all where it lives until used, ahrned shirts and made sup which has been consumed. I did a lot of adultin’ today. Go Me! Plus I futzed around on facebook some.

{{{Midget}}} stuff does get better. Plus we love you and you can come in here and talk as much as you want or need.

My roommate came home. She brought a friend. They both left, probably because my loud sobbing was making them uneasy.

I already called the crisis centre once today, but maybe I should call them again. Or the psych hospital. I don’t know.

God, I’ve hardly even eaten anything today.