The Labor Day MMP

The way I look at most box thingies - someone else just measured your ingredients for you. Yeah, I know, sometimes that’s a tad too generous, but it still involves more cooking than getting take-out!

Lunch break! And I need a break - it’s been one of *those *mornings…

And that is how I shall justify it to Chef Romeo next time I feed him something from a box. He gives me crap about making the occasional boxed meal, but damnit, I’m busy, and it’s not like we eat Hamburger Helper every day.

I am without adult supervision for a few days. A friend of hubbies who visits regularly is having some dental implants done in LA of all places. Hubs is tagging along to drive him around and take care of him for a couple days. This is just an excuse for him to get away from irk and I am OK with that.

I just came from the orthopedic Dr. Trying to get approval for another round of knee injections. It has been 10 months since the last round and they are only supposed to last 6 months. We shall see if the insurance will pay.

blurf

Butters, LA as in Los Angeles or Lower Alabama?

Had the termite people do their inspection (had termites about 12 years ago and figured it was worth the annual fee not to worry about them again). Wednesday siren is going off now (it is sounded every Wednesday at noon for reason beyond my comprehension).

Need to go to the store and obtain some sustenance.

Juliet unless Chef Romeo does his share of cooking, he’s lucky he’s not greeted by a week of ramen to get the point across. My hubby, who’s culinary experience did consist of ramen and beans, once complained how many dishes I used to cook dinner. I told him that was how many it took. Being newly married, I gave him and helped him clean up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Today I hope to pack 'Beamers Lego creations. Woe betide the universe if these break during the move. I think I have it down to a science now. Speaking of 'Beamer, I busted him playing video games on his iPad last night at oh dark thirty. :mad: There will be a check in/check out system now, so he can’t play with them past bed time. Sheeesh. I thought I was a rebel reading a book with a flashlight past my bedtime when I was his age.

Good luck with the knee doctor Butters.

Metal Mouse I often give those house shows the side eye. :dubious: They move so quickly that I imagine the paint must be wet while they’re hanging paintings, and the grout still wet on the tile, and so on. Ah - the magic of television.

Swampy the only box food I judge others for is “instant potatoes”. shivers On the other hand, since you have put your entire day into a few short hours, I bow before you.

I can take care of that for you…

Barbaro had knee problems, & you know what they did to him, right? There, doesn’t your knee feel better already? :wink:

You dare judge me?!?!?! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Our county also doesn’t require testing, which is a good thing considering some of the vehicles we’ve owned in the last couple of decades.

That’s why you’re 'sposed to shoot him more than once.
Sheesh! Kids these days!

The only thing I do with poblanos is make Vegetarian Chili Verde, only I simplify Giada’s recipe somewhat.

As George Carlin used to say; * “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”*

Rosie’s sig to all, especially Emily.

Evenin’ all.

Went out for the day by train to Plymouth, 'cos I ain’t really been there before. Turns out it’s not very exciting. There’s one shopping centre with all the branded stuff, and a rather nice little market (had some surprisingly tasty vegan tacos from a stall there) with some independent shops, but in between the two it’s empty shops, charity shops (they only pay a fraction of the usual rates) and a few vape and everything £1 type things. There’s a lot of very depressing high streets around these last few years.

Did not acquire shoes, though I’ve ordered some online similar to some which weren’t quite right, which should hopefully be good (I wanted ankle boots and found mid-calf ones which looked nice but took way too long to do up, these are same brand but shorter) but did get some stuff and found a Chinese food store, 'cos you can’t get a lot of foods I got used to living in a city round 'ere.

Picked up my holiday euros on the way back. The next few weeks have suddenly got busy, so I’m trying to get all organised for once. Hah.

Our preferred contractor is taking up the roof over the back bedroom and laundry room, preparing to repair the damage where the passageway from the house to the travel trailer was. Weirdly, the roof is ship lath instead of plywood. He’ll put a layer of plywood over it to get rid of the waves.

The concrete guy came by to give us an estimate for the ‘footing’/‘curb’ under the house to keep water from going under the house, and for extending the driveway with either gravel or concrete.

So I had to go into work, since somebody forgot she was opening today.:mad::rolleyes:

I get people sticking their IDs in the money slot of the lottery machine all the time. In spite of the slots being labeled, and 2 feet apart.:smack:

Really? I thought it would Rock. ;):p:D

{{{{Midget, hope you’re feeling a little better today.

Sunny, I don’t use the term “Chef” as a joke… he’s a professional chef, went to culinary school, etc. Which means he usually works during dinner time, so I cook the majority of dinners in the house so the kiddos get fed. But when he’s home at dinner time, he does his fair share of cooking. We split it about 50/50 when he’s home due to a day off or him working the lunch shift.

His 50% is usually made from scratch, minimal canned or premade products, etc. Me? I’m not as good as him, but I try not to do Hamburger Helper on the nights he’s home for dinner. One, he doesn’t like it. Two, he can watch the kids while I get to make something a little more complicated (which I wouldn’t normally do because the kiddos are at my feet).
Just got the estimate back for our new furnace… $3500. Wow. That thing had better last me another 20 freaking years.

**Juliet **- what kind of furnace - gas? Oil? Electric? Ours is oil, plus the a/c, and I think replacing it ran around $6K, including getting a new tank and hauling away all the old crap. I think. It’s been so long, I could be overestimating it.

SIL had his first class, and he’ll be going back for the second one in a little bit. **FCD **and I honestly don’t expect him to finish the semester - I hope he proves us wrong.

We have supped and it was good. If I have to turn on the stove and/or oven and use pots and pans, it qualifies as cookin’. So There! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, just a drive by. I need to wean myself from the time I spend on another social media platform, and I am remembering that one of the two things I always appreciated about the Dope in general was the lack of ooh shiny photos/memes and the ability to avoid politics and drama by mostly staying out of at least three of the forums. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Life has been set on the suck for quite a few years. Although it has not been without joys, there have been more sadness, anger, (righteous, yet it still takes its toll) fear than a person ought to have to deal with. Every time I think I can lift my head again BOOM and it begins again. I am fortunate to be living with the adult children I am, they keep me on the right track and keep my thoughts young. I did no gardening this year, and those who know me, know that it isn’t me to not garden. Thank the goddesses I am a big believer in perennials, the last of the roses and jasmines are still giving off their fragrances, the delphiniums are in their second flush and the dahlias are still in their glory. I was looking at photos of my gardens from the last few years, and I really am going to work all fall/winter to get ready for the growing season 2019.

I’ve been gone so long I am having trouble remembering nicknames, and it’s a little weird to think that I joined in right around the time Mooom was remodeling. To think, the chandelier could have been mine! :eek::smack::smiley:

midget I have always hated the heat, even more so now that I spent all those years in Alaska. I remember 1981 (:eek:) and I could see the bank’s thermometer from my little house. That summer it was 110F regularly that summer, sometimes hotter. I would go into the shower fully clothed (shorts and a very light strappy blouse) and turn the cold water on, soak myself and then go out and sit in the shade with a book until my clothes dried, to be repeated roughly every 15 minutes. It S. U. C. K. E. D. There have been summers since then when the heat has been equally brutal, and it is hard on the psyche. St. John’s Wort can be helpful, I get my happy pills from my therapist, but my daughter went through a difficult time, and they seemed to help her cope. (((hugs)))

So, who wants to lay odds that if I say I’ll be back this week, I will actually make it back, and not just think about it, and assume you all know what I was thinking? :stuck_out_tongue:

:eek: sticky! I hope that no one was hurt.

I hope your knee feels better soon butters.

More hugs emily.

They let the new senior analyst go today. He was coming up on 90 days and hadn’t finished anything. My opinion is that he was hired for a more advanced position than he was qualified for. I hope that he finds something soon and that we get a new senior analyst soon as well. Yikes! Our small department is dwindling.

Wiki!
: tacklehug :
Heat plus humidity bothers me. Just heat, not so much.

Juliet, :eek: My car was only $7800. But I want that to last to 2024, too.

sticky your story reminds me of stories from my sister. She’s got a student who bites the other students now. No special ed for him though. The parents haven’t requested it and the school refuses to do it. :frowning:

wiki perennials are wonderful. I haven’t been able to garden properly in a few years now, but the peonies keep on trucking, and the hydrangeas, and the irises. It makes me happy. I hope your garden blooms in times to come.

When I was a kid, we didn’t have air conditioning. When it got hot, I would take my sheets, dunk them in cold water, and get back into bed with cold, wet sheets. It took quite a while before my parents caught me. Then I had to switch to sleeping on cold tile in the bathroom. :mad:

Juliet fair enough. Chef Romeo can keep his title. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m a wee bit sensitive. A tad. Smidgen.

Moomm what class is SiL working on?

Mine was $20K, so it has to last until at least 2028.

Sunny - remedial English and math. He got a GED a decade ago and nothing since.

OK, bedtime for me. I am pooped.