The last MMP of 2018

All quiet here. We elected to stay in and eat leftovers. The party never stops chez moi!

I’m not a firster or a laster. I’ll just float along in my now bubble.

Happy Birthday Cupcakes!

They dropped the ball in Times Square a few moments ago. Five more hours for us. Big fireworks planned for midnight, but I think we’ll pass. They have fireworks displays once a week here in Waikiki, sometimes more often. But it’s looking to be a good night for it. It’s 7:19 now and still 80 degrees.

There was all out war sounding boomers here. Not just illegal fireworks but bombs and very close. Cat was freaking and wanted out so I let her out thinking she had to potty so I may never see her again. Then hubs asked why I let her out? Cat wants out I let her out since we do not have a litter box. Hope she comes back.

We decided on burgers for dinner since hubby forgot the steaks. No harm no foul and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Happy 2019 everyone. New me starts now. With sleep I hope.

only thing we did today was play kingdom hearts final mix on the ps4 with the nephew (I gave aunt the whole catch up set before she gets KH3)

The strange thing ? hes the exact same age that we played the first KH on the ps2……….almost 10 years ago …….

And I jinxed it because no sleep thus far and Tis after 3 am. The cat did come back so there is that.

Damn insomnia.

No clue if there were boom-booms around here or not. But I think Roxy slept thru, so there’s that!

Happy New Year, Mumpers!!!

And I’m up for reals. Higgs has been fed and I’m caffeinating. It’s 62°, which is unnatural for Jan 1 in Merrylande. But climate change is a hoax, right?

Happy Toosday!

Happy New Year!

It’s still dark outside, 52 degrees, supposed to get up to 54 and be cloudy all day.

I feel blurfy, I woke up too early and couldn’t get back to sleep.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 70 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 74 and rain/tstorms/apocalypse predicted for this afternoon. We shall see. As I predicted, we were all asleep by ten-thirty. We supped, watched teevee, noshed, and had some champagne. Everyone is still abed but will arise shortly I imagine. In a bit I shall commence with gettin’ foodstuffs ready for the big NYD/bday feast which shall be around one p.m. Folks will be arrivin’ eleven to eleven-thirtyish for Bloody Mary’s and to nosh on snausage balls (CupCakes inspired me!) and that most southern of appetizers, cream cheese 'n pepper jelly on crackers. With any luck we’ll be rid of everyone by threeish.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I suppose I should purtify and don appropriate attire to receive guests. Le sigh.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y’ALL!!!**

Also Happy Tuesday!

A lot of the “fireworks” I could hear were gunshots. I know the cops were cruising around but I doubt if they caught anyone. I did hear a loudspeaker about a block and a half to the north saying “Stop! We will find you.” Suuuuuuure you will.

I slept 10 hours without a bathroom wake up. At one point I petted Ursala Kitteh Who was sleeping next to me. If there were fireworks I didn’t hear them. Today I’m going out to lunch to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Reservations are at 3, so it’s late lunch or early dinner.

We had a ton of that as well; enough that I did not set a blank off from any of my cannons yet again this year. I heard at least 25 different shooters between midnight and say 2am. Including someone who either let loose full auto or had a bump-stock all the talks of banning have made so popular. With ballistic arcs being what they are and the population around here ------ it frightens the heck out of me that its getting more and more common every year.

**Happy new year! **

Up, caffeinating, breakfasting, the black eyed peas on for warm up and a pot of turnip greens on. Myou guests should be here around one., so I have time to laze around for a while.

Up with only a few hours sleep. Been up for a while. Have laundry rolling. I know one is not supposed to do laundry on 1st but I need clean clothes to go back to irk.

The oven is preheating so ham shall go in soon and some sweet taters. Then it’s just warm the greens and cook the peas. The greens turned out really good as I had to sample them.

I am cleaning the closet and once I can see the floor (shoes) I shall take down the Christmas tree and store it in there.

Happy New Year everyone! Let’s hope it’s better than last year.

Was some loud booms come midnight but no sustained noise or gunshots that I could hear, so I spent the first 8 hours of 2109 sleeping (leaving me only 8,752 hours to do things in 2019).

Have a car appointment on Thorsday for routine maintenance; I expect them to try and add a lot of stuff I don’t need and I expect I’ll tell them where they can put them…

55F here in N. Ali-bama, but that’s about as hot as it’s going to get. No rain today but an 80% chance for tomoorws, sez the 4-casters.

swampy, have fun with the party. You too, Red.

Butters, glad the cat caem back.

Now time for sustenance.

I’ve got laundry going, New Year’s Day is just another day around here.

We had some fireworks last night, not many, thankfully. Woke Ripple right up and had him running from window to window barking. I guess he never got the memo that shar pei are not supposed to be barky.
We also heard a weird noise last night. My son thought it was the cat, who did want in, but even after he came in we could still hear it. It sounded like a crying cat or bird or something. I finally figured out it was those NYE noisemakers.

I’m having left over steak and fart blossoms for lunch. Don’t know what I am having for dinner.

I woke before 5am, I need a nap.

**FCD **and I went down to Solomons for a little walk. Then we drove thru 3 of the marinas where we used to dock. And after a quick stop at Lowe’s for a new sponge mop, we had lunch at Red Robin - I claimed my b-day freebie burger a little early. :smiley:

I just finished mopping the kitchen floor, and shortly, I will assume the knit position. So much for a day off. :stuck_out_tongue:

We went to closeby kids house last night as planned. Played silly games and noshed on snackies and sampled different ciders. Granddaughter crashed at about 10:30 (I love that girl) and so we called it a night and were home by 11:00.

There’s not nearly as many noisy type people in our neighborhood these day, apparently, 'cause it was fairly quiet here, and the dogs were pretty chill with their peeps close by.

We went to bed a bit after midnight, and, with the exception of a few calls of nature, slept right through 'til the crack of 10am. Even the dogs slept all night. :eek::smiley:

This morning we had a traditional new years day breakfast of garlic taters and eggs.

Dinner will no doubt be leftovers. We’ve got lots.

Wifey is watching HGTV and I’m ignoring it and surfing the interwebz.

Hope everybody has a great 2019!

we said grumpily screw it since my autistic cousin hates fire works which started the moment it was dark and the laundry as done early and went to bed at 11:30 aunt dosent like the nye tv stuff anyhow
its cold for here but hopefully warms up …just watching the parade as cousin points out every float she likes …… it will be a day of not much

Our meal was excellent if I do say so myself plus plenty of leftovers. I shan’t even think of cooking for the rest of the week at least.

Hubby is leaving on Saturday for a trek north to see his kids, grands and one great grand. I love the man but I am looking forward to a little quiet time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that. I am sure he needs a break from me as much as I need one from him. I just finished eating and putting away the food. Dishes shall wait until I get a nap since I am sleep deprived.

Be good folks.