The Off to work MMP

Well, had my physical this morning, peed in the cup as directed, didn’t grimace (much) when they collected my blood (to be truthful, the nurse did a nice job, hardly felt it), and dropped my pants and bent over when ordered too (I swear, it seems to take longer each year). Was told I have moderate high blood pressure (140/100) so he put me on a prescription and also is scheduling me for a colonoscopy (haven’t had one since I was 55, so I guess I am due, but…ugh).

Only good news was the medicine, with incurance, cost me a grand total of $0.34. Hopefully that SOB who raised the roof on another medicine won’t find out about that…

So at work, may have to fly to Dayton mid-week, and have an eye-doctor appointment on Thursday. So much to look forward too…

**MetalMouse **- my doc says 10 years between colonoscopies unless family/personal history dictates otherwise. If you don’t have a history, then find out if the doc is getting a kickback from the colonoscopy doctor! :eek: Them guys is sneaky!! :wink:

Blurf!

I didn’t get home from the party until 11:30 last night. That’s too late when I have to be up at 5:00 am. The party was as I expected, two parties in one. The real football fans parked themselves around the big screen in the living room within easy reach of snacks and beerverages. Those of us who were more into jamming set up a smaller teevee in the music room and kept the sound off escept for the halftime show.

We played some music that I hadn’t jammed with in a long time with some of us swapping instruments for various numbers. I mostly played tambourine, bodhran, recorder and even one on the piano as well as singing. We worked out a couple of numbers to perform in Knoxville at the end of the month at an invitational.

Back to the salt mines.

Spaghetti is done, Sah-son has been pushing me all morning to get to it.

It’s not like it’s hard, my lazy version is brown some ground beef, add some spices, pour in some spaghetti sauce, and add a bag of meatballs.
I need to cook up some pasta of some kind, probably shells or rotini because I like them better than spaghetti or angel hair. He’ll eat the meatballs on hot dog rolls.

I had a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, so I’m not hungry.

I’ve paid some bills, played on the net, kind of lazy.
I need to get some more great stuff, squirrels chewed another hole in the porch ceiling. Sah-son saw one crawl up in there with an acorn. I don’t know it I should put out traps, or poison, or predator urine? I’m afraid if I seal the hole up something might be in there and either die and stink or chew another hole to get out. The damn squirrels have got to go.

I have never had so many critter problems, even when I lived out in the country. Maybe if I had a dog who actually chased things? The squirrels run within inches of him, I’ve seen mice come right up to him - he doesn’t care, never did. Even when he wasn’t half blind and deaf he had a live and let live attitude towards others. The ground hog lived peacefully for years in my mother’s backyard until the HoundsFromHell got there.

Hey MMP,
WAKE UP!

Howdy Y’all! I survived Moanday and we had deli takeout for dindin cause well, I couldn’t be bothered. I shall do sump’n with that pack of chikin boobs in da fridge before the week is over. 'Tis sunny and cool out. This makes me want to go into hibernation mode. OK cool or cold weather sunny, cloudy, or whatever makes me want to go into hibernation mode. Then again, I am a bear. :smiley:

JDD is now goin’ through the ordeal of gettin’ his brother to tell him where stuff is so he can get info on his SS income last year, mortgage, bankin’ account in order to fill out the necessary paperwork the nursin’ home needs before he can be admitted. I love JDD Bro, but he can be a stubborn ol’ cuss and hard to get information from. This is becomin’ a battle of wills which should provide us with some entertainment in days to come. OYKW and I are on the edge of our seats cause we just know it will be good!

[del]Linda[/del]MOOOOOOM maybe the guy saw the stickie and got all confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

All you sickies and such feel better soonest.

dammit.

Janet?

Planet, Schmanet

Home for the second time. A bit after I got home from work, the tree guy showed up and I showed him all I wanted done. Then **FCD **and I went out for not-too-terrible Chinese. Turns out walking to, then from, the restaurant pretty much kicked his butt, but it’s the most he’s walked since last Weds morning.

Tree guy is going to email me an estimate.

I got a bill from the dentist that I don’t think is mine. Just happens that they’re one building over from the orthopedist that I’m going to see tomorrow, so when I’m done with the shoulder stuff, I’ll mosey over to the dentist office and discuss the bill. I have a problem getting something marked 60 days overdue when I never got any other bills and it has someone else’s name listed with mine. This is the same office that somehow lost the records of my first visit there and made me fill out paperwork all over again… then found my original record. Not amused.

Anyway, home, and about to assume the chill position.

Well, in fairness it has been about eight years and with me set to retire, just as well get it done on ‘company’ time (sick leave) than after I retire. Had the same doc for this for the last 7-8 years and this was the first time he’s brought it up, so I’ll give him a pass.

Turns out I do have to go to Dayton, Ohio Thorsday, which means catching a flight at 0530 in the morning, being alert in the meetings, and flying home that night, getting in about 1030PM…if I don’t write much on Firday, you’ll understand why.

We have decided to retire to the boudoir to watch teevee until sleepy time. ‘Tis cold so snugglin’ down under blankets sounds like the right idea. I bet I fall asleep by eight. I keep yawnin’ my haid off here.

Nitey Nite Y’all!

I think I’m going to retire too, not because I’m sleepy but because I’m sudenly having, umm, digestive problems, and feel kind of queasy. Maybe if I lie down and read, to distract myself, the upet will go away.

I worked, I came home, Making mesquite chicken with ancho orange rice, and green beans with country ham and jalapenos.

Great Scott!

rosie, I couldn’t post, the DM was in my store today.

Middle son is being dramatic and snarky and downright bitchy this afternoon. He is struggling in a math class for the first time in his life and ranting to me about it. Linear Algebra is waaaaaay beyond my capabilities so all I can do is suggest ways that he can get help. Apparently every word out of my mouth is utterly stupid, and highly offensive as well. I have to step back. Due to my current bout of insomnia I have been awake since 3am and am not in the right frame of mind to be understanding.

Morticia, that’s Yiddish!

I mean, Cute One, is that Yiddish?

That does not bode well.
“Aw, fifty bucks’ll do it.” would bode well.
I finally got four quarter sized discus from the discus woman. She is a college student, I thought from Facebook contact that she was older.

Perhaps with the two we already have, they can establish a breeding pair.
The plan (Ha!) is to find a pair that will spawn, and get some money back by trading them to The Fish Tank for credit.

Lily send him to the Khan Academy - it’s free.

https://www.google.com/search?q=khan+academy&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
That is a pretty fish Flytrap.

[William Shatner]KHHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN![/William Shatner]

Slut!

Say goodbye to all of this
(goodbye all of this)
and hello
(hello)
to oblivion.
(Hi oblivion - hows the wife and kids?)

All that being said, not feeling well. Not sick just more the “coming down with a cold or something” kind of thing. Tired, cold and a little stuffy.