The Off to work MMP

I had myself a 12 hour day today and was busy for every bit of it. I only have a few things in the morning then I shall be without stuff to do. Of course, I can always find something to do. We are being Zone inspected in two weeks so cleaning, organizing sort of stuff can take place. Plus I have two buildings to get ready for the inspection.

We had breakfast for supper. I am sleepy and hope I sleep good again tonight.

Thanks, I hope they grow up to look that good.
:slight_smile:

Thanks. I suggested that, but he claims it didn’t help. We used it a lot for Trig when we were homeschooling but I think he was too deep into his freak out to listen to anything. He is going to get to campus early tomorrow and go to the professor’s office hours.

I’m almost in to work. The customer has finally set me up with an email and internal ID, but they want me to call a US toll-free number for the password (like all of those, it doesn’t accept calls from outside the US) and send several TLAs of unknown meaning (I expect that when they ask for my ATF they don’t mean these guys).

Some day I’ll find out how come so many companies don’t have decent onboarding procedures. It’s not exactly an exotic situation, is it? :confused:

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Working a double today.

Rainy ride in, but not cold enough for ice to be a worry, huzzah! Yesterday’s predictions of 1-3" of snow are now reduced to less than an inch, and between the temp and the rain, I doubt that anything will accumulate.

I’ve got 2 alarms set on my phone - go hi-tech me! :smiley: One is to remind me of my Dr. Appt and the other is to remind me to go home. And for the moment, I have nothing to do - Dave hasn’t come in yet and I finished what he’d given me yesterday. Surf’s up! :smiley:

Happy Tuesday, all!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 37 Amurrkin out and “partly cloudy” with a predicted high of 46, “partly cloudy” and very windy for the day. February is makin’ it’s presence known.

Tonight is Shrove Tuesday pancakes, bacon, and snausages over to the church house. I need to be there by four-thirty but I shall be there earlier so’s I can get that dang overhead door to open and to get the steam tables warmed up. Also, I shall swing by this mornin’ before irktime to make sure the griddle is workin’ right. I shall turn the propane switch behind the griddle to on and make sure it lights up. It can be cantankerous when it wants to be.

OK, that’s all I got. I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence. Onward into the day!

Happy Tuesday Y’all! Also, Happy Pancake Day!

blurf

Woke up to kitty horking a hairball, then my other end is giving me trouble. So I am irking from home…

Happy Toosday!

We have snow, coming down hard and sticking to everything. We don’t need to go anywhere, anytime soon, so not a problem for us.

Nothing special for today, just like every other day.

Happy Pancake Day **Swampy **, may they all be light and fluffy (if that is the way you like them - some people like them thin and dense).
Kind of like brownies, some people like cake-like, some like chewy.

And then there’s the different ways people like their bacon. Limp and chewy versus firm and crispy. I’ve seen arguments break out here over that.

(I’m in the firm and crispy camp all the way.)

Work from home has been approved for Thursday, so I can go do a bunch of different bits of government paperwork. And I’ve an appointment with Middlebro to come help me get the new sofa in my flat (the one I own up in the mountains, not the one I’m actually living in), take the old one to the dump and see if he can open the door to my storage room/ground floor kitchen/garage (it’s got some sort of obstruction at the bottom; violence and/or a rotary saw may be needed).

BLURFAt irk, of course. Don’t know what the day hold yet.

The greatest, most useful gov’t agency, BTW!

[Spoiler]“Good morning, ATF, how may I help you?”

“Good morning to you to, ma’am. Here’s my situation; today I’m shooting a Springfield Armory 1911 & smoking a Montycristo cigar. Could you recommend a good whisky pairing?” :D[/spoiler]

Ruble has large quantities of high explosives if you need assistance.

For lunch today I am having a spaghetti and meatball quesadilla. Not kidding and it is delicious.

Pancakes: thick and fluffy
Bacon: half way between limp and crunchy
Coffee: like warm, melted coffee ice cream
Chili peppers: very low on the Scoville scale
Explosives: as far from me as possible

What are we talking about?

Also, I like meat well-done, in spite of the fact that you’re supposed to like it well-done only as a young kid and then like it rarer as you get older.

(Who makes up these rules anyway?)

Slept in somewhat and feeling a little better. We’re under a small Weather Emergency but it looks like the worse is missing me again.

Still pouring down snow here.

If I’m going to have:
Pancakes - light and fluffy
Bacon - I agree with in between
Coffee - not at all
Chili peppers - not too hot
Explosives - some where over there --------------------------->
Meat needs to be done.
Brownies - any way, as long as they are chocolate. I’m a brownie purist, don’t need any extra stuff in there except for (optional) nuts.