The sure sign of Spring MMP

running late for N.O.L.

and the home inspection just got changed AGAIN
this time by the home inspector, ans only from Toosday to Wednesday

anyway
I’m hungry and I still need to get gas and I am 2 hours late for everything
see y’all later

I’m baaack!

What d’ya mean, you never noticed I was gone?

Just got home from a few days in the Isle of Wight with the parents- they went to pick up a critter from a zoo there, and decided to make a bit of a holiday of it, and invited me too.

We took the first day just getting there; it should be about 2.5-3 hours away from where I live, but we took closer to 8. Called in at Avebury stone circle, which is indeed very nice (if they have got a bit carried away putting thatch on everything what can be thatched- including an inexplicable thatched wall), and went to call in at Stonehenge. I knew the place was commercial, I just didn’t realise how much- there’s a massive visitor centre (which apparently features such delights as a ‘simulated sunrise’ and you have to pay about £15 to get in (there being no alternative way to get to the stones), then get bussed out to the site, where you’re not able to go closer than 50 meters or so to the actual bit you came to see. It was a normal Wednesday afternoon, not a holiday or anything, and the place was heaving with people… We, however, were not among the horde, we decided to get back in the car and just look as we passed from the road, which goes right past :rolleyes:

Yeah well, iconic or not, that was a rip-off, and we had fun at the (bigger, more complicated) stone circle at Avebury, where you can picnic among the rocks for free, if you so desire.

Anyway, we then meandered in the general direction of the ferry, and proceeded to get pretty well lost both in the New Forest[sup]*[/sup] and, once we’d unlost ourselves enough to find the ferry, on the island as well. It’s a terribly Olde Worlde place for the most part- tea rooms everywhere, thatched cottages, thatched tea rooms, thatched pubs… No more thatched walls though.

Thursday was splendidly touristy; we went round the botanical gardens (rather nice) and a butterfly house (weird), a random, very good, pet shop (at which my parents bought a lizard) and got a bit soaked looking at The Needles, a famous bit of scenic coastline.

We had to pick up the critter today, and got a guided tour round the zoo we were collecting it from, which was really nice, then had to remember where the pet shop was to collect the lizard before we missed the ferry. We just made it- we arrived and drove straight on board without stopping. Perfect timing, if you’re not easlily stressed.

Anyway, there endeth ye Saga of Filbert’s trip to the Isle of Wight.

• As a designated forest, it dates back to 1079, and is largely heath with only some bits of woodland; yes, we do this deliberately to confuse forriners.

Anyway… Hugs, yays and pointy stick weildin’ spiders to them what need it, I need to go get some food in before the shop shuts.

A few years ago, when SWAT team came onto my street, I made entry with them (!!!), got one of the residents to surrender from her position in a bedroom on the top floor (!), secured her (!) & removed her from the abode(!) & then detained her until a family member could arrive to take her away.

This was done utilizing the phrase, “here girl”, some milk bones, & a leash.
It sounds so much better as SWAT team negotiator, though! :smiley:

Taco Bell for lunch, huh???

The big yellow shiny thing keeps tryin’ to peek out. On the plus side looks like the rain has stopped.

I cannot believe it, but all the paperirky stuff is done and gone to where it needs to go. I even have confirmations it’s been received. YAY!

Nuts sounds like a good time was had by all.

Spidey I’m impressed. :smiley:

Seriously considerin’ gettin’ outta here in just a little while. Yeah, I could be doin’ stuff but it’s not urgent stuff.

Howdy from da cave! I left shortly after my last post and went by the Pubic sto’ to pick up the five pounds of shrimpies I ordered from ‘em for tomorrow. Now I’m at da cave. The big yellow shiny thing is no longer with up and everything is wet, wet, wet after all the rain so no mowage this evenin’. Oh well. Guess tomorrow mornin’ I shall be occupied. :smiley:

This evenin’ shall be pizza night followed by some cookin’ for tomorrow’s shindig. I shall make coleslaw and a pound cake tonight. Pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream sounds like a good dessert for a low country boil, so it shall be.

Laterz!

I gotta agree with this one. I don’t do it, but my wife and her daughter (the one still living with us) are constantly looking up stuff and self-diagnosing, but never go to a real doctor to find out what is going on. I finally talked my wife into seeing a doctor for her shingles outbreak last week, and she decided on her own that the medication she was prescribed ‘what bad for me.’ My point was that I would listen to someone who had been doing this stuff for 30 years over what I could find on random internet web sites.

Just cruise until you have a firm diagnosis, and then deal with whatever is found out. And my aunt has lived with that for about ten years now. Didn’t stop her from going on a two week cruise last month, and she’s in her 70s.

I am exhausted! I slaved over teh hot intartoobz to order that pizza! :smiley:

Doesn’t look like it’s going to hit that predicted 93, and we do have some clouds (not in the forecast). Forecasts for the next few days have been revised downward, too.

Reasonable enough work day (even though it started WAY too early for my taste). Now hanging out in the breakroom so I can carpool with classmates. I do think this business of leaving home at 6:20am and not getting home until after 9pm is a bit much.

nuts what kind of critter did your parents obtain besides the lizard? Must know. Glad you had quality time w the parents.

I skedaddled from irk early today TGIF. I have a serious sleep deprivation! Fresh grouper for dinner. Friday is usually steak night but hey FREE grouper trumps steak.

**Nettie ** I agree with bs of long days. I leave my home here lately before 8am and get home after 7 pm. I do not get paid to travel back and forth, dammit.

I am so glad to be off until Monday. I would have paid my employer to not be there today but it was payroll day and I have to pay my staff. Just ordered up a bottle of cheap white wine because I am a glutton for punishment.

((((((SARI)))))). Hang in there.
**Rosie’s ** sig. Have a happy and safe weekend all!

Pizza has been consumed. Two loaf pound cakes are bakin’ away. That would be pound cakes made in loaf pans, not pound cakes that just laze around. That would be pans that make stuff like cakes and bread into the shape of a loaf, not pans that just laze around.

One must clarify these things.

My Nephew graduated with his MBA today! Wheeeee!

Twas a paca, and not, as my Dad kept accidently saying, a pacu. While both are nice, it’s important to know which one it is you’re getting.

Local takeaway made dindin. Irk tomorrow, and I’m sleepy, so bed beckons. Nighty night!

Big difference twixt the two. He is kinda cute but is a rodent:eek: Wiki says it’s being explored as a food source in the tropics. What is it’s purpose for your parents?

OYKW is convinced he will be a multi-millionaire tomorrow. He bought two mega millions quick pics. The jackpot is $81,000,000. Hey, it’s not triple digits, but one could make the necessary budgetary adjustments. :smiley:

Rosie yay for nephew!!!

Nuts you go away for three or four days and come home with a rat? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve done all my shopping and the laundry!! :eek: I’m going to go to the tire place tomorrow and then the farmer’s market to get some plants for the garden. I’ve never been to the farmer’s market here on a Saturday. I may get askeert and leave if there’s a huge crowd. Spaz don’t do huge crowds.

So this thing on facebook says to find my prostitute name take the month born in plus last thing I ate. Ok… Hey there sailor! My name is July Pizza. Want to have a good time?

Yeah. I’d make lots of money. :smiley:

That’s better than September Wings

Well then, I just assured myself of never getting an STD from a client. I mean would you sleep with a Mr. Fish Sticks?

Mebbe I should have eaten paca for din-din.

Well, I…it is almost Shabbes.
:dubious:

Home, exhausted. I’m pretty sure my mom is going to get a Mazda 5. She’ll go to the dealership with my brother, the negotiator. :smiley: It’s a pretty nice vehicle and I think it’s a good choice for her. We went to CarMax and looked at several different options, but she didn’t like any of them as much as the Mazda.

Just for kicks, I went over to look at one of the Smart cars - the sales guy said I could sit in it, and he said (quite correctly) that it was like sitting in a golf cart! Teensy little car, that one!

I got home a little after 8. **FCD **has already knocked down the red shed - the roof is on the ground waiting to be torn apart. Guess I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow.

For now, I’s tahred. Bedtime will not come soon enough!