The truly great threads in SDMB history

Just now saw mention of My Bladder Knows I’m Home (from 03-01-2003, 01:45 PM by Patty O’Furniture) and felt it should be here.

In the category of “test post gone most horrifically wrong” I would like to nominate
‘The thread title’

Wow - thank you for posting this one - that was a fascinating read!

Everyone’s favorite nutritious meal, full of protein:

Pan-Fried Semen

(I was a looong time lurker :))

I submit the following, simply as it was one of the funniest and most creative I had seen:

Curse of the Verse

Where are lieu’s potty posts? I remember one where he wadded up some toilet paper and tossed it over the wall, and it came back…I was in hysterics, but I can’t find it right now from work…

No one left who remembers Phaedrus?

I’m sure I’ve recommended this before but it is a thing of beauty:

Smugly polite Christian allows himself an annual swear

The OP is some quality ranting but the whole thread pays off in the “happy ending”.

Wasn’t he the one that went nuts and thought everybody were the same person, and offered money to anybody who could prove he was wrong, then had a meltdown?

Here’s one of my faves: The Laws of Physics and Pooping from a Canoe.

I’ve searched for **lieu’**s thread “When deer take a stand” but haven’t found it.

I DID find it! I was paging through the link from 2005 about the 101 greatest threads, and there it was, I’d put it there myself. Don’t know how I lost the link between then and now.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=150992&highlight=deer+stand

I also posted about how I can’t find a thread asking folks to describe the most vile toilet they’d ever encountered. I think of it as “the dead junkie” thread because one poster told of opening a door to a toilet to find a dead guy on the john.

This one about Kaitlyn is a classic crash and burn.

(it’s pretty old and as a bonus you also get to laugh at the thoughts of some of our now senior posters, some of who have gone on to bigger and better things.

From Happy Scrappy Hero Pup in 2005
Things that will never stop being funny. Ever.

As you wish:

Funny things during love making/intimate moments by Whammo from 2000
And

The TMI thread started by Tzel in 2000

omg i cannot stop laughing at this!

It’s the perfect thread!

I snorted hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

This one?

(yeah, I was bored) :slight_smile:

Turnabout is fair play! I want to include a link to your new thread which has some great additions to fun stuff:

SDMB threads that had you cracking up

Some of the replies there are for even older surveys of exceptional (in the fun sense) threads.

I’m wondering if we need some sort of Meta-Thread that combines as many of these “survey threads” as we can locate. I know I have started at least four such things on various themes. And it appears I have missed a lot that others started before and since.

It’s simply amazing to me how much interest there has been in the general topic of this thread and how little I had seen of it before now! Just today and yesterday these threads have opened my eyes to dozens of threads that meet the criteria I have been looking for all this time.

You’ll need to look around in these new ones to find the treasure, but at least I have them for my own purposes as links in this thread.

Please add as many others as you can to this growing directory.

The new stuff:

The funniest thread on the dope was started 11-18-2008, 02:44 PM by ItsInTheCards and had gotten to Post #55 Today, 05:14 AM when I looked.

Is there a way to search for awesome past posts? was started Yesterday, 04:56 PM by Enola Gay and had gotten to Post #8 Today, 03:28 AM

There must be more such threads…