Top 3 most-played Steam games

Honestly, a lot of games are done at 20-30 hours, especially if they don’t have crafting or ‘fetch’ filler. An example is Wolfenstein, the new order, which I actually hated (because of 1) the story and 2) the protagonist makes rocks look smart) , but hate-finished it and still had a decent completion in about 20 hours. If a game doesn’t have multiple endings or open end game, 70 hours could easily be 2-3 playthroughs, after which you move on to the next.

I liked Dragon Age Origins, and did 2 pretty thorough playthroughs, but only have like 80 hours in it. And it’s a mostly open world RPG rather than looter/shooter.

Does Steam count hours if you’re offline? My son and I share an account, so more often than not I have Steam in offline mode so we both can play.

No, online only. I once played through a 20-30hr game in offline mode when the cable was out and when I posted a review on Steam later, it said I had ~90min in the game.

Oh. Then I have no idea what my top games are - although I suspect they’re Skyrim (regular and special edition), Total War: Warhammer 2 (usually played together with I) and Witcher 3.

You know, stuff with elves.

I’m surprised to see that so many people play the Total War series, but it hasn’t really gotten any threads here (unlike Paradox games which definitely have). Maybe we should do a succession game like we’ve done for Paradox.

Slay the Spire: 925.3 Hours
Monster Train 159.7 Hours
Skyrim: 84.8 Hours
Fallout New Vegas: 83.8 Hours

Included an extra one because those two were virtually tied. I have a really old PC and a few years ago I drifted away from video games and started playing board games (along with Magic and some other tabletop games I played for decades now) so that takes most of my game time but as you can see I fire up StS very often to relax.

:grinning:

Anyone play Medieval Total War?

Anyone interested in doing a cooperative Total War Campaign?

Medieval II: Total War Released!

Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms

Medieval 2 feels like a downgrade from Rome; Total War

Total War: Rome…its shipped. Thoughts?

Rome Total War fans: FYI

Shogun 2: Total War announced

Shogun 2: Total War, who’s playing?

Empire: Total War

Empire: Total War - Take 2

Total War Empire: Napoleon

That’s a lot less than I found - there are a number of short threads less than 10 posts long. It isn’t that it wasn’t popular hereabouts, more that most of those threads are a decade or two old.

Thimbleweed Park…16.8 hours
Catan universe…14.2 hours
Portal 2…10.5 hours

I was going to add in my Fortnite hours from the Switch for comparison, but apparently while I can sort the games by hours played I need the Parental Controls App on my phone to be able to see the stats. Bonkers!

Skyrim - 2,328 hrs on record (Plus 28 hours on the Special Edition.)
Champions Online - 1,655 hrs on record
And a somewhat surprising third:
Monster Train - 1,047 hrs on record
(Number 4 is Fallout: New Vegas, at 800 hours.)

That’s fair. Odd that we seem to have relatively fewer threads on the more modern titles. I did find a thread that I apparently missed regarding WH3 - with release coming up I might just bump it… and maybe I’ll start a thread about a possible succession game to give WH2 the send-off it deserves.

Too slow to edit, but I went ahead and started a thread for a succession game:

Total War: Warhammer II - 1175.8 hours
ARK: Survival Evolved - 914 hours
7 Days to Die - 839.8 hours

ARK is up there for me too (i think #5) which is surprising because I only played it for a year or two after release. I guess I was playing it ALL THE TIME then, though.

The gameplay loop really sucks you in…

Yes, it can be really gripping and time consuming (especially when you get into obsessively breeding dinosaurs). I can believe how LARGE the game is now; I claimed the new Lost Island map in steam the other day; the download for ARK now required 400 gigabytes of free space to install…

Arma 3 - 1,215 hrs
X4: Foundations - 602 hrs
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 229 hrs

Civ V barely missed at 228 hours.

Man I thought I was a big gamer but a lot of yall have huge hours in certain games. I have 689 games in Steam and tend to switch around a lot, I usually play 2 or 3 different games each night. I tend to stay on 2 or 3 games for a few weeks and then switch to other games for a while, but I repeatedly come back to games like Ghost Recon Wildlands and Forza Horizon 5.

I tried that game out, it seems really cool but also really complex to get into and I just dont have the time to get into it…

I currently have 32 :grinning:. Granted I stuck with physical discs for longer than most, but really I just play a few games a lot. Just not interested in most genres.

I have a fair number of hours in this series, too:
X3: Terran Conflict: 364 hrs
X Rebirth: 275 hrs
X4: Foundations: 159 hrs

I also played X2 a lot, though it wasn’t tracked by Steam.

Battletech: 347.7 hours
Civilization V: 16.5 hours

I played Civ V once, at the bottom of the Marianas Trench, in the 1960s, and left it there. I didn’t like it, and went back to my CD-ROM copy of Civ III.

Tripler
I played a little longer than 20 minutes.

I’m sort of jealous. I remember when I was a kid I had few games but I got tons of enjoyment out of them. Now with all the free game giveaways and my 25+ year collection of PC games there just isn’t time to play them all, let alone get good at most of them.