Troll List

I actually LOVE Iceland and it’s people. I found them all to be more intelligent then the average American. I also found their english to be better - so Bj0rn, how come yours ain’t?

'u dink it’s esy tolking phrough em stony djaws i’ve?? an dem i’m soo bluody shurt-sigted i can’t evn see me keebooard, let aloone 'ammer it wiff me 'uges fingers

:wink:

seriously enough though, im very out of practice in talking or writing english. i can read it almost like a native and i can understand english speaking people quite well, but that isnt the same as writing.
you know in the middle ages people knew how to read but not to write…well im good at telling stories, but darn me when im writing em down. i have to discard and write up the same text over and over again because im always finding a better way to put it than i did before, i cant to that when im talking and i dont want to do that when im posting, because frankly i havent that much time to post(im talking hours here). recently i posted an article for the local newspaper, i belive it took me 5 hours to write it, but it was bloody brilliant when i had finished it, im still meeting people who comment about it(thats 3 months now).
so as a selfcentered troll i could drown you in intelligence if i wanted to…but im not selfcentered, im just here because i hate ignorance and mocking other peoples intelligence is ignorance. ignorance because you dont know any better, and ignorance because thats what you are accusing someone else of.

i fink me inglif iffn’t good becuff me mouff if full of food!

bj0rn

Still Off Topic: You’re right - until recently oral skills (no snide remarks here) were significanly more important.

I mourn the fact that the spoken word is deteriorating. The internet and message boards are part of it I suppose. Perhaps that’s the good aspect of voice-recognition software - it’ll get people talking again instead of typing. A long way to go before the software becomes truly invisible though.

I suppose english will continue to be the chosen language of discourse.

Again, off-thread. Many apologies all.

Sigh. Ok, Björn, I will try again.

I am not “mocking [your] intelligence,” so don’t even try to go there.

I did not begin by mocking your grammar or spelling.

It was communicated to you pretty effectively that most people could not understand you very well. You have admitted that you have not studied English grammar, and you seem to have an aversion to punctuation. These make your posts difficult to understand.

Instead of making an effort to clarify and post in a manner which would be more intelligible, you decided that anyone who couldn’t understand you was an idiot. That was very offensive, and people (myself included) began to flame you.

This made you flame in return.

And it got ugly.

Now you claim people are “mocking [your] intelligence.” Pal, I do not give a rat’s ass if you are a complete vegetable or Stephen Fucking Hawking. The only bases I have by which to judge your intelligence are your posts. If you cannot communicate your oh-so-brilliant thoughts in your posts, I will have no reason to think you have a brain.

Further, I don’t care that you’re from Iceland. You could be from Mozambique or Calcutta or Bumfuck, Arkansas for all I care. I’m sure Rekjavik is a wonderful place and the Icelandic language is elegant and efficient. But if you want to be taken at all seriously on this English-speaking message boardyou have to make sense. In English.

So here’s the deal. Stop telling me I’m a bigoted American idiot simply for not understanding your pidgin, and I will stop telling you that your posts make no fucking sense. I can simply ignore you until (and unless) you begin to use punctuation and more appropriate grammar.

xxoo
-andros-

“Listen Children Eternal Father Eternally One!” Exceptions? None!
-Doc Bronner

Andros: Good show.

Bjorn: They do, at the very least, use capitalization in your corner of the globe, do they not? Maybe even a comma here and there?

Veb: That’s not funny, Veb, I am the daughter of a man who was adopted by Norvegians!

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

there you go again.

never said you were, but you are saying:

did not, not my fault if you somehow misinterpeted my postings like i was.

did i now? thats you putting words in my mouth, or perhaps more accuarately letters to my post.

how nice to know you dont care about other people. now that was me putting words in your mouth, or posting.

no, the only base is how you interpet the words you read.

good to know that, its true that it doesnt matter as long as one isnt posting some national silly things.

truth is, i like it when people respond to my postings like you are doing. read this and understand it your way, but do not assume that is how i mean it.

bj0rn

Arg…

I’m almost speechless. Since a vast majority on this board consists out of Americans and Canadians, I would like to stress the following point:

NOT ALL EUROPEANS ARE LIKE BJ0RN.

There. I said it. Just to avoid any confusion. Actually, all people from Iceland I have met seemed intelligent and educated. I have no clue how this particular Troll wound up on these premises.

And Bj0rn, what sort of masochist are you anyway ? People are slaughtering you over here ! All you do is respond in increasingly incomprehendible posts, whereas your postings on other parts of SD than the BBQ have been decreasing in number - albeit NOT in stupidity.

Iceland must be a very boring place if all this is still some sort of amusement to you.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

(softly, gently) Coldfire, dear, we would not liken you to Bjorn in any way. Have no fear…we know he does not represent Europeans. (patting his hand) Its ok now…just relax.

Andros said:*Further, I don’t care that you’re from Iceland. You could be from Mozambique or Calcutta or Bumfuck, Arkansas for all I care. *

Now, I take exception to that comment! We all know that Bumfuck is a town in New Brunswick, its where Shitboy’s family lives.

I will thank you to keep the record clear on that point.

mumble…I have way too much time on my hands…

Coldfire wrote:

Oh NO, not HIM again!!

Ooops, sorry Kelli . . . I meant to write Buttfuck, Arkansas. A little burg about 35 miles out of Little Rock. (where you can hear duelling banjos day and night, and the most common pickup line is “You shore gotta purty mouth.”)

As for Bj(null)rn, he’s doing it just to fuck with me now. I tried being polite. I tried being logical. I’m giving up. Which is undoubtedly what he wants, but oh well.

-andros-

-Doc Bronner

geez thanx kELLIbELLI, i feal muhc bettr now that u told me i aint a troll but one of teh kool eurpeons !!

:wink:

I oughta stay out of the Pit, this is no place for a gentle boy like me…

Coldfire

Okay, bj0rn… you still don’t seem to get
it. Bad punctuation and grammar damage your
ethos. Even if I somehow decode what you are
trying to say through your lack of
capitalizations and punctuation marks, I
have no respect for your comments because
of that fact.

Let me try simplifying this for you: would
you take a piece of writing more seriously
if it were typed or scribbled in crayon? If
your answer was the one in crayon, then I
give up.

yes coldfire, not all europeans are like me, fortunately ;). but then again not all americans and canadians are like you, could i say fortunately there too?
now i dont really know if you have really met people from iceland, or if you are just talking about people you have talked to on a messageboard like this. but im assuming you met them, since that is the word you used. i hate to point out the obvious, but you havent met me! this again goes back to the statement you made about “not all … are like …”.

kellibelli: its true what you are saying, coldfire got it right as well. im not representing europeans. i never said i was. its just something coldfire cooked up all by himself, so why dont we just let him live with it? :wink:

andros: i was not f***ing with you. and how the bloody well can you say you tried being polite? and what the hell do you mean logical? about sodding what are you being logical? you call this being logical:

???
a small demonstration here, this has become quite popular for some reasons. this is translated from english to french, then back to english

people have said i have bad grammar, i dont capitalize and stuff like that. there are a few grammar lessons in this thread. and i know one aswell. here in iceland we have laws that say you dont have to use proper grammar, just as long as you have a style of writing.
i would usually be done here, but i feel compelled to explain so there will be no misunderstanding about my last statement.

a writer named halldór kiljan laxness (died recently) won a nobel prize for the books he had written. halldór didnt use proper grammar when he was writing, he wrote the words as they were spoken (similar to the pronouncation thingy in dictionaries). this has bothered alot of people when reading his books, as perhaps i am bothering you now with my lack of capitalization and other grammar things i dont know the name for anyway. but as i see it, its better to make it wrong my way(which really is right), that fail in trying to do it the right way.

final point being: you are always right (in your opinion) until someone points out why you are wrong. and saying that:

is not good enough. because i dont care what other people think of me in ways that can be blamed on my accusers.

i look at what the person i trying to say, not how it is written. although something like this matters:
hengið hann, ekki bíða eftir mér (means; hang him, dont wait for me) isnt the same as hengið hann ekki, bíða eftir mér (means: dont hang him, wait for me)

there is also a story ive often told the kids, a very popular one. its wolf, wolf.
for those that dont know it, its about a boy that cries wolf, wolf. but is lying. and when the wolf finally comes and the boy cries wolf, wolf. nobody belives him.

its all about things that matter, and ill bet you that the persons who have yelled at me for my grammar do not have a kid, or do not spend alot of time raising em.
(this is a harmless accusation, please notify me if im wrong.)

bj0rn

before you get all exited it was supposed to be

bj0rn

Thank you for clarifying that, Bj0rn.

yes, is suppose if forgot the bloody E too.
but whatever.

bj0rn

Say, Bj0rn, you DO know that Coldfire is a European, right? That he also isn’t anymore a native English speaker than you are?

Just clearing this up so Coldfire has more time in his post to flame you…

–John

Thanks John, nothing left for me now… :wink:

Bj0rn, you Idiot, I’m a Dutchman !

Furthermore, I did not ‘cook up’ the fact that you represent all Europeans, I just wanted to make abolutely clear that no-one on this board would deduct such a thing.

But I suppose I used way too much difficult words already - also, the capitals must be dazzling you.

Coldfire

I won’t say anything. I won’t, I won’t, I won’t.

I won’t let him get to me. Nope nope nope.

But christ in a jumbo jet, he’s annoying.

-andros-

-Doc Bronner

Exactly. Ignore the ignorant troll. It’s hopeless to argue with someone with whom it is impossible to reason.
Besides, kellibelli’s thread is supposed to be a troll “list,” not the next battlegrounds. Let’s allow bj0rn to start another one of his incomprehensible threads that we all ignore, anyway.

Okay, we’ve added bj0rn to the list of trolls, so let’s continue the list. Anyone else?