Trump has COVID!

This is what he told hookers in the 70’s when he was fighting his own personal war against VD.

You expect Trump’s doctors to officially contradict Dear Leader?

FWIW, it’s now Friday in India and they’re under the impression that he’s still on steroids.

Not sure why you’re asking the same thing in two different threads, but the answer is the doctors aren’t giving specific information. As per the link below.

Because I was looking for an answer. Which I do appreciate, thanks - the source was Trump himself in the interview. All I initially got in response to asking a factual question about the source for the CNN report that he’s still on steroids was various unhelpful iterations of “OMG surely you can’t be gullible enough to believe anything the WH says”.

My read is that Trump didn’t want to attend the Gold Star families event, got pressured into it by advisors who managed to get through to him how damaging it would be to blow it off, and is now expressing his infantile resentment by blaming them.

I do find it interesting that post-hospital, we haven’t actually seen him, and his post-hospital video appearances look very fake (eg they look like green-screen with fake WH background).

Like wtf is going on there? Sort of like Star Trek - Death of A Dictator? - YouTube at 00:58. :laughing:

Those did look green screen-y, except in one of them the dappled, moving shadows on his face looked quite live. Why would they even do them “outside”? He could just as easily be faked sitting behind the desk.

Speaking of “looking live,” when is the last time anyone has seen trump sitting up, walking, talking, etc.? Today?

Here’s something from today @ 2:45.

Since his return to the White House Monday evening, only a few staffers — and no reporters — have laid eyes on the president, who has announced updates to his condition via Twitter and a few online videos. His doctors haven’t held a press conference since Trump left the hospital, only releasing statements with limited information.

Maybe he’s dead.

Well, here’s a thought. The Trump in the “garden” video doesn’t appear to be having trouble breathing or speaking. It seems quite common with Covid infections for people to go through ‘cycles’ where they feel okay for a bit, then relapse later in the day. No idea how the steriods factor into that.

So maybe the PR team just needed to jump into a quick window while Trump looked pretty okay and could stand up and do his act … and shunted him straight back into his bed right after. You wouldn’t want to be faffing around with setting up all your gear outside if you only have an unknown and limited time to film in. The greenscreen is to hide the fact that he’s still in his personal hospital room, which would rather undercut the whole “he’s fine, he’s fine” misinformation.

Of course, it could be a deepfake. Anyone seen Jack Nicholson this week?

I bet they’ve watched Weekend at Bernies a bunch of times.

Kremlin on the Potomac, trying to guess the state of the nation through hints and speculation.

…But since the mania continues, we checked in with physician Esther Choo about what steroids do to the body, and what they could be putting Trump’s brain through. Our conversation has been condensed and lightly edited for clarity.

Shannon Palus: What was your first thought when you heard that Trump was taking steroids?

Esther Choo: Well, the first thought at that point was that he definitely has COVID lung disease, has been hypoxic [has low oxygen levels] for sure, and is probably sicker than we thought. And if you remember, that was the third medication that dropped, over I think a two or three day period. So it just had this feeling an escalating and aggressive treatment course.

For the average person with COVID, are steroids something that would be advisable at some point in the illness to prescribe?

Only if you’re sick. For patients with cough and fatigue, we normally send people home without any treatment at all, except for symptomatic treatment, things like Tylenol and Ibuprofen for their symptoms. If you’re not as sick, it’s better to avoid them. Steroids can interfere with your immune system, they can cause mental health effects, they can make your blood sugars go awry.

How confident would you be in saying that what we’re seeing from Donald Trump saying that he’s feeling better, saying that he wants everybody to be getting this antibody cocktail that he’s on—does that seem like very clearly the side effects > of steroids to you?

No, it’s not absolutely clear. Some of the grandiosity is just him. Anytime he’s doing a Twitter storm in all caps, it looks a little manic. I think that it’s so part of who he is intermittently that it’s really hard to tell if it’s more of him because of the steroids.

Also, the context is so unusual. He’s on all these medications, he’s on that monoclonal antibody cocktail that we don’t even know the side effects to, because it hasn’t been well studied. Then he’s on the Remdesivir, which is really a brand new medication in the context of COVID, which itself can cause alterations to your brain and your behavior. And then add on the steroids. It’s just very hard to parse out in the context of lots of different things happening and having a potential effect on his brain right now.

Is it possible that having all of those therapies at once ends up harming him?

A lot of us in the medical community were actually wondering, when they rushed him to the hospital and he had low grade fever and was having difficulty breathing, we actually wondered if that was a side effect of the monoclonal antibody cocktail he got, rather than early effects of COVID. So it’s possible that it has already harmed him. We’ve never seen the combination of these medications circulated in one person with his particular physiologic profile. And so we will see some of the side effects. I mean, when you’re doing a study of a new drug, you tend to follow out for side effects for many weeks, sometimes even months. So, certainly there still could be adverse side effects, even the ones we don’t anticipate, in front of us.

Fat old white guy. Orange guy.

I hate to sound like a CT-type but in these weird times, anything’s possible (which sounds bad); IOW, I have wondered this over the last couple of days. Again, WTF is he?

A couple of days ago he apparently managed to make it into the Oval Office (where he wasn’t supposed to be) because a Marine guard was posted at the outside door, and the guard is only there if the President is in the office. Of course, the WH staff claimed he had “not gone through the halls” to get to the Oval Office so nobody was exposed.

Maybe he’s now a ghost and went through walls like Patrick Swayze in the movie of the same name. :ghost:

Informative background article on dexamethasone . Not paywalled.

That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking. 90 minutes of free air time.

Lincoln’s ghost moans, “Oh, great; there goes the neighborhood…!”

If Trump ever dressed up like a ghost, you know he’d just look like a klansman.