V: 1.04, "It's Only the Beginning", (open spoilers)

Christ on a crutch, it’s remake of V. :rolleyes:

I always had a suspicion Sigur Ros were aliens in disguise. (“Bliss” music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ5Grncdjlc&feature=related)

I never saw the original. They were bad as well?

Holy cow.

Er, yes. Maximum camp.

Flat-packed furniture for all your people! We are flat packed. Always.

-Joe

Or the V trucker’s diner restroom condom dispenser…

Reminds me of two scenes from Watchmen…

Thanks. And look what I found!

Didn’t see anyone mention it, but does anyone see a plothole of the V’s being able to tell when someone broke an arm or got chicken pox years later, but can’t tell their own DNA is in a baby hybrid? “Gees, we just got passports and someone is really taking advantage”

Well, they do already have a good-sized foothold.

That presupposes that [del]Carrie[/del] Valerie’s baby is Ryan’s. I doubt it very much.

I’m also with those who say that they aren’t grooming Tyler to be a sperm donor. As has been pointed out, how much trouble do you have to go to?

I volunteer.

Agreed.

Anything that produced enough energy would double as both, I’d think.

It seems like what we saw was just a really big generator.

Maybe the ships aren’t V ships, they’re a/the specie that the V’s are at war with? The V’s have to be at war with someone.

They’re being spiked with preservatives and meat tenderizer.

HBD and Anna had a brief conversation agreeing that Tyler is “The One”. So, say hello to baby Elizabeth Hera Harsesis. :mad:

I thought that just meant he identifies as a human now, and doesn’t want to be reminded of what lies underneath.

Maybe they thought he was all they needed to clean up that mess? At any rate, those many of us who thought the old priest was a sleeper were, um, wrong.

Could you explain how you came to that conclusion? Did I miss something?

I assume it’s because when the priest stumbled upon the assault, the V agent ran away. If the V agent knew the priest was an ally, he wouldn’t have.

But they don’t necesarily all know each other.

That.

The sleepers may not all know each other, but one might expect them all to have a secret handshake or something to forestall contretemps. The Fifth Column might have to know each other due to their small numbers.

In the original (miniseries, I think), didn’t the good guys rewire a SETI telescope or something to beam messages to space to announce to the V’s enemies “HEY! They’re HERE! THIRD ROCK FROM THE SUN! THE ONE THAT’S BEEN BROADCASTING I LOVE LUCY RERUNS FOR 40 YEARS! THAT ONE!”?

Ummm…first, “The One” doesn’t mean a damned thing, and it certainly doesn’t mean sperm donor. Again, hot skinny blonde girl does NOT need some elaborate plan to get knocked up by a teenage boy. For that matter, if they’ve had sleepers on Earth for 20+ years, they could very well have produced a whole bunch of them if that’s what they were (ahem) shooting for.

As for the old priest, what have we seen that exonerates him? There’s still no reason to believe that he’s only human.

Again, that’s just silly. That’s akin to HighLordMightyEvil making all of his servants get “I[HEART]HLME” tattoos. Then, of course, you get all sorts of fanbois writing stuff on the internet about how lame and unrealistic it is for the villains to paint bullseyes on themselves.

Then again, baldy would have had to have waited around for the priest to see him on the off chance that he just happened to be one of the ten thousand (number pulled from ass) V undercover agents on Earth. Seems to me instead of playing the one in a million shot of him being a friendly you just, I don’t know, LEAVE. Mission accomplished.

-Joe

It’s an odd thing to make a point of in the script, then.

I bow to a supreme expert on scriptology.

That doesn’t square with her openness with her mother/CO about it, her mother’s pleasure at the news, apparently at a plan succeeding, and yes, their agreement that he’s the “The One”.

We don’t know all the ways they have to communicate with each other. Well, maybe you do.

I really hope they don’t go the whole “you need love to make a hybrid baby” route with Tyler & Lisa. :rolleyes: BSG already did that.

Perhaps he met some psychological or mental criteria and the V can use him in some manner.

I think the writers want us to think that they’re going to breed Lisa and Tyler, which is the main reason why I don’t think that’s what they’re up to.

It would also make the plot even more Battlestaresque, which seems like a poor idea.

My guess, Lisa is just looking for a new person to skin and wear as her human-suit so she can replace him.