Weighing more than one's husband.

Yeah, I like my men to be sturdier than I am. I’m 5’, so it’s not a high bar I’m setting here. :slight_smile:

It would bother me if I weighed more than Mr. Lissar, but he’s a foot taller than I am, so I’d have to gain significantly to weigh more. I weighed less than him when I was nine months pregnant and had gained forty pounds. I’d be very large at the same weight and not pregnant.

It bothers my wife but her reasoning is that our children will hopefully get the skinny gene.

Recently though (past 3 months?) I have broken 150 lbs for the first time in my life. My goal is to get to 170, then I’ll go back to my old eating habits.

My wife was happy that I weighed more than her, but it only lasted a week. Now she’s on me to diet.

Yes, because I’m significantly underweight already and assuming I married someone of an average male height (5’9" or so), them weighing less than me would have to mean they had some kind of severe disorder or terminal illness and it would look pretty gross. Skinny, fine, cachexia, not so much.

Plan B works better…

How you doin :smiley:

Guy here. I weigh more than my husband to be. Doesn’t bother me a bit.

I’m 5’ tall so yeah, it would bother me. He’s right under 6’ and broad shouldered so it’s not much of a risk - most of my other relationships have been similar. Even when I was married to a skinny 6’1" guy I preferred to be lighter and lost weight at the beginning of that relationship. I was pretty miserable after having my son and being overweight and, therefore, rounder than he if not heavier in weight.

I like being the little one that can be picked up, scooped up and “handled” - and I mean that in a fun way, not an abusive one. I don’t have much that makes me a girly girl. This makes me feel dainty and precious sometimes, even though I’m not quite that in real life.

:wink: Congrats to you two!

My husband and I are the same height and build. Right now I weigh less than him, but I didn’t before I lost weight. It didn’t really bother me. He’s losing weight as well, so I suspect I’ll be on either side of the line at times. If he stays to his plan and starts working out he will probably weigh more than me again.

With my ex, who is far taller and bigger, it would have really bothered me.

It would depend on why. If it’s because I’ve ballooned, what would bother me is the ballooning. If he just happened to be 4’10" then he’d have to be pretty fat to weigh more than me (the OP was framed in the hypothetical, which covers any husband of mine).

Does the phrase ‘Weighing more than one’s husband’ strike anyone else as a hitherto lost but now discovered Oscar Wilde play?

Yes, because it would mean my husband is very small, and speaking shallowly (is that a word?), I’d prefer men who are not.

Edit: I’m not small for a woman, but I am for a man. For a woman, I’m average, borderline-tall height, average weight. A man who weighs less than I do would be small.

My husband is fit and weighs less than me. Every man I have ever dated weighs less than me. I am not attracted to overweight men at all.

I’m almost 2 Migs. lol I hate my size and I’m constantly battling my weight. He eats whatever he wants whenever he wants and stays around 160, all muscle. I’m not just fatter, I’m about an inch taller.
It doesn’t bother him, but my own weight bothers me. His being smaller doesn’t bother me at all though. I’m attracted to big guys as much as smaller and average so if he ever packs on the pounds I’ll be fine with that too.

I married a 6’7" man to make sure it NEVER happens. He’s 120 lbs heavier than me, and I like it that way. I’m weird like that. I want to feel tiny.

Yes, because I have body image issues. As is, my boyfriend is 6 inches taller than me and about 25 lbs. heavier than me, and I’m not happy about this at all.

In college, a girl I knew was listing all the reasons she and her boyfriend were perfect for each other. When she said, “we weigh exactly the same!” I thought I saw a raised eyebrow or two but nobody said anything. So she thought is was a feature.

It would bother me if mr. hunter weighed less than I do, since he’s much taller and has rather more muscle mass.

The last boyfriend I had before him weighed about the same as I did; he may have weighed a little less. Didn’t bother me at all, though I remember it bothered him some.

I weigh more than my fiance, and it bothers me a little, every now and then. We both have ok diets, nothing terrible but no super eaters either. I could stand to lose a few pounds, but whenever I bring it up he jokes that if I just had my breasts removed I’d lose about 40lbs, so he’d rather keep me the way I am.