Weighing more than one's husband.

I weigh about 30 pounds more than my boyfriend and he is a couple of inches taller than me. It does bother me, but it’s more that I’m just uncomfortable with my weight. It doesn’t really have to do that much with his weight.

Very very mildly. I’m fairly average in weight and height but I tend to fall for small, lithely build Mediterranean types, and so it happens a lot. I like them being that way, but I would like to be matchingly small. Doesn’t even come close to level of bother to stop anything from happening, though.

Not asked, but being shorter than me is a complete non-issue.

It would bug me because it would mean I gained a whole lot of weight. If we’re talking about a preference for being smaller than men I’m attracted to in general, yes, I like big guys. I’m not a very big girl, so guys who are smaller than me are pretty darn petite, and I’m very not into that. I’ll take an overweight guy over an underweight one any day.

Wouldn’t bother me. I might feel insecure if he were much prettier than me, though.

1982: me - 5’2", 140 lbs. him - 5’5", 135 lbs., straight out of the Marines. It was only 10 lbs., but my weight was distributed differently - his jeans were so TINY, and mine were so WIDE :(. We got married anyway (and now have one of those size 2 hipster daughters). I’ve lost a few pounds over the years, but…time has not been kind to Mr. Sali, and it’s no one’s fault but his own, because he eats half a bag of potato chips at every. single. meal. Oh, I don’t want to go down that road…I had a blind date with a really, really small guy when I was in my teens. I was 5’ 2" and 115 lbs. and he was no bigger than a 10 year old - he asked me to dance, and I was looking DOWN at him. :eek: That felt just plain weird!

If I were overweight, I don’t think his size relative to mine would bother me if he was within normal range.

If I weighed as much I weigh now, I would be bothered if my SO weighed less than me because it would either mean he was very short or unattractively underweight.

Once I went out on date with a guy who so petite that I felt like his mother when we stood next to each other. Nice guy, but I didn’t like feeling that way.

I don’t have a husband but I weigh about the same as my boyfriend. He’s almost a foot taller than me but he’s very thin to the point where I think he’s underweight. He has nicer eyelashes than me too. Doesn’t bother me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would have to gain 80+ pounds to weigh more than my husband, so of course that would bother me. And I like it that he can give me bear hugs and make me feel small.

He’s eight inches taller than I am, so yes.

And I read this thread title several times before I could figure it as anything other than "Weighing my husband, then weighing a textbook, then weighing our dog, then weighing a bunch of bananas . . . "

FTR, I’m not married and unlikely to ever be. I’m seeing two guys right now. One of them is probably nearly 100lbs heavier than me, one of them is probably only 30lbs heavier than me. They both pass the thigh test (albeit the second just barely). They’re about the same height, they’re just built very differently, one lanky, one much bigger (not fat, just, well… big).

Each has it’s advantages. The former can support my weight for days, in any way necessary. The latter I can straddle much more easily. :slight_smile: