What are you doing this weekend?

Saturday: Brother-in-Law and I are out in his boat on the Chesapeake Bay, fishing for striped bass.

Sunday: Off to RFK to see the Nationals play the Yankees.

Hee. I don’t wear make-up anymore and if I ever try to I feel like a drag queen.

This weekend I’ll be taking yet another round trip down to see my brother in the hospital. He’s doing better and I hope he will be moved out of cardiac care into the next step down. I loaded up on puzzle books and football magazines to keep him occupied!

Resting my whiplash I aquired last weekend

Working in the garden

Oh, and Mouse_Maven, I went to that exhibit and it was both more and less than I expected. You can read my review of it here if you are interested.

Not having a fun time this weekend. I am already looking forward to Monday.

I’m doing my gay friend duties and taking a girlfriend clothes shopping. She hates to shop and needs the help. Should be fun.

I’m looking forward to the exhibit. Thanks for teh link to the review :slight_smile:

I hope your whiplash heals.

Flying to Chicago. Cubs on Sunday. Radiohead concert on Monday. I’ll be a very happy man all weekend.

I’m 100 minutes away from vacation kicking in – I’ll be off through July 4th weekend. Unfortunately, there’ll be no rest or relaxing to be found. The new Casa de Briston is calling, what with the five rooms my wife wants painted before the movers come on the 26th. Then there’s the matter of getting everything in our current residence packed up. Yeah, quite a bit to do.

So, this weekend? Well, I’m hoping to attack the garage tomorrow, and hopefully throw away a ton of stuff. Sunday will be my first Father’s Day, so I have no idea what’s in store there.

But hey, poker game tonight, woo hoo.

Cleaning my house and preparing for my best friend from undergrad to come out and visit me for a week starting Sunday. I’m debating whether to pick up an L.A. guidebook to figure out a weeklong plan or just wing it. I’m working the entire time she’s here and her university cut off her funding for next year so she’s madly working on her thesis to go on the job market by this or next fall or something but I’d still like to show her around a bit. So far I’ve thought about

1. making crepes on Sunday and then either going out to Huntington Gardens and something else around Pas (flea market maybe??? Or is that on Saturday)

2. Downtown Farmer’s Market on Wednesday and then she can maybe spend the afternoon happily writing in the LA Public library which is next door to where I work

3. I think we’ll be going to a concert one night (she went to highschool down in the OC) with some high school friend of hers

4. I wanted to take her out to dinner one night, perhaps in Thai Town or J-Town or maybe Gingergrass in Silverlake though I hear it’s just gringoized Vietnamese food.

5. No doubt she is going to get obsessed with all my Battlestar Galactica DVDs so I’m sure some evenings will be spent watching those. I just hope she doesn’t get hooked and then forget to work on her thesis!

I’m sort of at a loss for what else we could do around L.A.-Pasadena, what with me working 8 hour days and hating the hell out of driving. I moved here last August but errr, I tend to stick close to the environs I know due to that driving bit.

Oh yeah, and calling my family, esp. my father to wish him Happy Father’s Day, but I do that pretty much everyday (the calling part)

This weekend is Woolstock’s big George Reeves Memorial Festival, with a mini-museum, karaoke, food, beer, a band, etc.

I’m still a bit gimpy, so I’ll probably sit on the deck with a cooler of beer and visit with friends. Everyone parks in the field behind our house, and if it’s like last summer’s quasquicentennial, we’ll be sort of a pit stop on the way to the real action.

Sunday’s Father’s Day, we’ll grill brats and drink more beer, if there’s any left from Saturday.

I have no real plans. Usually Saturday or Sunday and sometimes both I go to a bar and shoot pool. I am trying to get to be good enough to compete again. I have a long way to go…

I’m cleaning a river on Saturday and watching NASCAR on Sunday. Unless I melt in the 90 degree a billion percent humidity weather on Saturday. Then I won’t watch much TV as I will be a puddle unable to operate a remote.

I’m venturing back to beautiful victorian Geneseo, IL for the Fathers Day Weekend to hang out with the old man. Should be fun.

Oh, nothing much. Just helping to bring a new life into the world! :smiley: I’m rather excited. My friend (she of the potential Devil-baby) is STILL pregnant. She asked me to be in the labor and delivery room with her. She’s being induced tomorrow morning, unless tonight is eventful.

Weird thing though, is that my husband and both my kids are out of town. I have the WHOLE APARTMENT TO MYSELF until I leave for the hospital. I literally haven’t been alone in over a year. I plan on putting on Moulin Rouge and singing along until the neighbors call the cops. Then I’m watching girly movies 'till I puke.

My wife had a hernia surgery today so I will be a nursemaid this weekend. I also plan to clean the gutters and I have bunch of ivy I want to rip out.

I might do some kayaking Sunday. I asked my g/f if she wanted to go, and she may not have time. So I may just go without her.

Uh, I apparently missed a chapter somewhere along the line – when did this happen?

:smiley:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, all right. I was attending a DopeFest in December and she lives next door to my hosts. We emailed a lot, and we’ve been dating for a month.