What day is it in the MMP?

Well, so that was either annoying or cute. I live in a small town, and the next door neighbors are well known. It is apparently a daughter’s birthday and the fire dept just did a drive by with horns and sirens. Kinda freaked the dog out.

All this Arlo talk is making me want a pickle. On a motor sickle.

Flyboy Those password things are maddening. Wrong password, ok, I’ll change the password. Nope you can’t use that password, it is your previous password. WTF.

Flyboy, having much the same situation with my Credit Union, it wants me to change my password, but when I enter the current password on the Change screen, it tells me that is the wrong password! Guess I’ll have to spend time on the phone with them…

Vango, wonder if they’ll get any other complaints; expect yours is not the only freaked-out dog. It’s real nice to do that for the kid, but maybe let the neighborhood know?

Artiste (not sure we ever agreed on your name change, Emily; I’ll use the one I like), hope the rectum peek goes well. And you won’t have any trouble farting–the problem will be stopping…

nellie, lovely story about Ms. Guthrie, I tend to listen to Johnny Cash when I want folk-type music (especially some of the train songs), but Woody set the bar for all that followed him.

Cookie, congrats on the pokeage. Just the one, or do you have to be re-poked in a couple of weeks?

Pretty much a do-nothing day, did get the dishwasher to run and put them away, but that’s about as active as I’ve been. Need to do more soccer stuff tonight.

Time to think about dinner shortly. Probably my usual Tuesday night Mac-n-Cheese.

If they’re on-time, FCM and company should be nearing their destination. Hope all is right with them.

OK, on with life, the universe, and everything else.

Agree completely.

So they had me bouncing around like a pinball machine today. But it was warm and sunny, so that’s nice.

gotti, congrats on the surgery.

: crosses fingers for Mooooommm and FCD :

MG, I get to look forward to that soon.

You linked the wrong Limelighters song. This one is much better!

And Pete Seeger learned from Woody Guthrie dating back to the early 40s, when they met. I think Pete met Leadbelly before that–another big influence. And Ramblin’ Jack Elliot learned from Woody, and Dylan learned from Ramblin’ Jack. And Springsteen learned from Seeger, as did PP&M (also from PS’s group, The Weavers)…I wish someone would make a sort of “family tree” of folk music influences. There’d be a lot of branches coming off of Pete Seeger.

I remember reading an interview with Seeger a year or so before he died where he talked about what he learned from Woody Guthrie, including riding the rails. The first time, Seeger fell and broke his banjo. I’ll have to see if I can find the interview.

This reminds me of a line from Frasier. After Daphne has sprayed room freshener to cover up the stink from Martin’s tackle box, Niles enters and says, “It smells like a fish died and all the other fish sent flowers.”

They should have been standing around saying, “How do you think he does it?” “I don’t know. What makes him so good?”

boofae, I’ve been seeing ads for Nomadland as well. Is it worth the watch?

{{{sunny and Sis}}}

emily, have fun with your poop prep. :stuck_out_tongue:

nellie, my mom’s people were mountain and bluegrass musicians (that tends to be my performing style as well) and my dad always had the folk groups from the early sixties playing, so I was raised to love it. In Murfreesboro, the county seat of my county, there is a good Americana NPR station that I tune into on a regular basis. My current favorite is Arlo Guthrie and Vanessa Bryan’s rendition of Hard Times Come Again No More . It is a Stephen Foster song that my granny used to sing and another verse added in this version.

I irked today, came home, swept and mopped. Not a lot shaking otherwise. Last Tuesday had a high of 18F. Today’s high was 70F. Tennessee, ya gotta love it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

We go back on the 17th for the second skewering.

The circles and arrows and a paragraph for mine was separate. The pathology report was essentially “Eeeewww, gross!” and they took a shorter bit than originally expected, so guess that’s good. What a world we live in where surgery is done by robots and test results that used to be impossible for mere mortals to see are now routinely emailed to them.

Another “what a world!” thing was I’d made mention on the book of faces about a guy who was on The Price Is Right yesterday. Turns out I have eight friends in common with him.

I’ve heard about, um, outgassing rooms. :slight_smile:

Not wasting any time, my surgeon and presumably his assistant have already billed my insurance for last Wednesday’s work. $3500 seems low for 3-4 hours of two surgeons’ time, but whatever it comes to, it’s guaranteed to hit my annual out of pocket max.

I’m sure the robot will get a good chunk as its tools are somewhat consumable items. The robot itself is $2 million, and the hospital I was at has at least three.

We arrived in Ocala around 6:30, got supper to go from Cracker Barrel, and FCD and i unpacked the car. We’re both exhausted.

FIL is losing it. He was telling us about speed traps along roads that we’ve driven for years. He told us to turn on a road that would take us back where we’d just come from, and as we were driving down I-95, he asked “What road is this?” MIL thinks it might be Alzheimer’s and I’m inclined to agree. Bottom line, they need adult supervision.

FCD is so stressed.

Bedtime. More in the morning.

{{{{Moooom}}}}

After discussing books from our childhood I went online looking for a copy of a book from the 1960’s titled 101 Elephant Jokes. I intended to buy it for my sister. It was a small paperback but the cheapest copy I found was for over thirty dollars. Gulp. Think I’ll keep on looking for something else.

FCM you have my deepest sympathies. My Grandfather suffered from Alzheimer’s when I was high school. I remember the frustration and struggles my mother and her brothers had getting him adequate care. For about two or three years, they would take three months each staying with him.

Really one of our fist clues should have been when he decided to drive down to see us, and carried several boxes of sheep manure in his car for my mother’s garden.

Mooooom, you have my sympathy re your FIL. My mother’s journey with dementia began ~20 years before her passing. Had it not been for my father, she would have had to go to long term memory care.

{{{{{mooomm}}}}}
{{{{{FCD}}}}}
{{{{{MIL and FIL}}}}}

(Moving this from EmilyG’s thread 'cos it’s off-topic there.)

I don’t know what brand gluten-free pasta Lady SCAdian uses when she makes mac & cheese*, but I definitely like it better than the regular pasta.

* “Macaroni cheese”, I believe, for the foreigners here. :slight_smile:

Next time you think of it ask her and tell us so I can try it. When I’m doing Grandma duty while Mama and Papa are at the hospital for the delivery of the new baby I’ll be making Mac and cheese daily for 3 or 4 days.

My preferred grilled cheese is pretty basic. White bread, mozzarella, and this really good garlic butter (with parmesan and basil) I pick up at my local Winco. DH has been known to apply parmesan to the buttered side of the bread before cooking the sandwich, and I’ll confess to occasionally adding pepperoni.