What in an otherwise decent TV series made it impossible for you to watch?

I really wanted to get into the Flash series but every time the Flash had trouble from people moving at normal speed it took me right out the action. There was one episode where here took a couple of villains out of a crowded room (from the villains standpoint is was like they had been instantly transported) and then proceeded to have a fight with them where they seemed to have the upper hand.

I refuse to watch Futurama, because the one I did watch was about Fry’s dog, and the ending left me so upset that I refuse to give them the chance to do it again.

A point about one of the future episodes.

Due to time-travel shenanigans the dog actually does get to live the rest of his life with Fry in the 21st century

Couldn’t stand the annoying white DJ on Treme. Otherwise I would’ve watched more than one episode.

It’s a show centered around missing and dead children. I think a humorless tone is about right.

(Fantastic show, imho).

The flash certainly is inconsistent about this. I will say that every now and then there will be a portion of an episode where he really takes advantage of his speed. And searches a whole building in a fraction of a second or teleports people into handcuffs in the back of his step dad’s patrol car.

Corollary: American and British actors doing horrible foreign accent voice-overs in documentaries. Faux Russian accents are absolutely the worst.

Also, the actors might want to at least learn the correct way to pronounce words borrowed from the languages whose accents they’re mangling.

I loved the original, UK version of Life on Mars. When I watched it on TV.

So I downloaded it to my iPad and tried rewatching it on a plane. There is a character who constantly chews gum with his mouth open. With my superb Bose headphones, this made watching it impossible.

I tried several times in their early years to watch The Big Bang Theory, but what, to me and many others, was an overly-loud laugh track (whether laughs were genuine or artificial is immaterial) just made me turn it off within 5 minutes each time.

Eventually, maybe around their fifth year, I started to grin-and-bear-it; the characters are stupid* and they wear the same clothes every episode, but the dialogue is outstanding. I stayed for the witty dialogue.

• not a reflection on the actors; that’s how they’re written

Thank you! I was just coming in to say this exact thing. I keep trying to watch it, but the laugh track is so distracting that I quit after one episode. It’s been 2 years since I started the series and I’m still on the first season maybe about the 5th episode in. I tell myself, it couldn’t be that bad. Let’s try it again. And I just can’t get past it. I’ve watched plenty of shows in the past that have laugh tracks and I’ve been able to ignore them, but there’s something about this one that is really off-putting.

Dr. Smith on Lost in Space is definitely a good one. Baltar on the newer Battlestar Galactica is also supremely annoying.

Also, Barney on The Andy Griffith Show. It’s a great show, a slice of Americana, with a great cast including Don Knotts. But the Barney character was just so bumbling and awkward that I often find it hard to watch.

I keep hearing what a great show **Dexter **is (was) and how much I’d like it. I tried twice to watch it but never got past the first episode. I found the character of his sister too incredibly irritating to endure.
mmm

I feel the same way about The Beverly Hillbillies. I used to love the show, but I now find it absolutely painful to watch. The Clampetts lived in California for nine freakin’ years without learning a thing. When the show ended, they were exactly the same as when it started.

The characters on Gilligan’s Island never grew much either.

This is mine too, see also Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, et al. To me it just screams that the show has cheaped out on their animation/art design and budget. It is the Hannah Barberra business model. It’s a shame, because there is a lot of voice and writing talent buried under the unwatchable art/animation.

What? Nobody bitchin’ about Wesley Crusher? As soon as I see him in a TNG episode, it’s time to switch the channel.

BBT is mine because I cannot stand Sheldon.

Every other character is hilarious and the bits of the show that weren’t him were always hilarious, but I could not get over the fact that anyone who acted the way he did IRL would never have friends.

I understand sitcoms are basically reality times ten, but he was just too much.

Not necessarily a bad thing. The producers of Rocky and Bullwinkle did this to their advantage. The problem is, few cartoons are as good as they were.

The character Gina on Brooklyn 99. Why they let her dominate the plots on that show is incomprehensible to me. The good news is that she seems to have left the show, at least temporarily. Let’s hope she’s gone for good.

I feel the same way about Adrian Pimento (though thankfully he’s only on sporadically). But as soon as he shows up all the other characters might as well take the day off, because the rest of the episode is going to be 100% Pimento and his “hilarious” antics.

Laugh tracks.