what the hell are you doing coldfire?

Coldfire:

Why the hell should you have the right to send an e-mail if you want to discuss the matter but not anyone else. Personally I think you’d have to be a fucking asshole to have such a high oppinion of yourself.

Well good evening once again Mr Rousseau…
(and that’s Murgatroyd/ by the way - I begin to think you are anorthographic).
(Please do NOT reply ‘an orthographic what?’)

Frankly, you’re talking out of your arse. Just because you don’t understand bj0rn, doesn’t mean the problem is his. If you can be bothered to look them up (I have to be frank: I can’t be bothered to give you the references), there are plenty of places where people have said, repeatedly, that bj0rn might not be everybody’s cup of tea but he has sth of considerable value to offer, not least simply by being different, which is clearly somewhere near the real root of why you and Coldfire can’t stand him. This is a nasty trait in Coldfire: it’s not so long ago that he tried to do the same to Lumpy, who hasn’t been around lately - and I’m not surprised after the absolutely undeserved batering he got - for the same thing, which was to offend against what Coldfire perceives as the collective morality. “He who offends against the LCD of the collective must be eliminated”. Where have we heard that before, Mr C?

Back to you, R. If you and the others like you keep this up, bj0rn WILL eventually give up, and the rest of us will be by far the poorer for it. And let’s face it, little semi-literate characterless person - you’re no replacement

Skupla,

Thanks for your reaction. Perhaps I should have said: “If I want to continue the matter privately via e-mail, I’ll let you know right here in the Pit before using private e-mail for this”. Hope that clarifies things.
Durno,

If you read everything about the whole Lumpy situation, you would also have noticed that I continually expressed that I was NOT judging, but I was basically trying to find out whether this was some sort of lame joke on his behalf. More people had trouble believing that, so I stated it over and over again.
Lumpy DID finally respond and tell all of us that it wasn’t a joke, and I commented him on his courage, as well as stated that I would NEVER use this knowledge against him (even if I disapproved of the act ITSELF), and that I hoped it had made him a better and more complete person. I publicly announced all this, therefore eliminating ANY possibility that anybody would interpret my actions as forcing my personal morality upon someone.

For crying out loud, I’m a DUTCHMAN. We have very little morality as it is, let alone we try and convince others of it ! So where you’re exactly coming from in stating that forcing my moral beliefs onto the rest of the board is a ‘nasty trait’ in my character, remains unclear to me. I’m pretty sure most posters can second the fact that I’m very open-minded and liberal towards ANY set of beliefs, be it moral or religious.
As for bj0rn, I don’t attack him because he’s different and doesn’t fit some kind of norm (and what exactly WOULD be the norm on a board with members as diverse as this one ?). I attack him when he displays signs already described by Rousseau: being imcomprehensible and being a troll. And, in this case, having a poor sense of humour (or, Durno, as you would put it, a different sense of humour than my own righteous self).

That’s all for now.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

So, Coldfire, what are you doing Friday night??

Goldie

Im feeling alot of love in here tonite…

Notes to self… Cold has no morals… a very admirable quality in the pit… Bjorn left his sense of humour in another thread… want me to go fetch it for you wink

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Ok, I’m gonna have to de-lurk and defend Bjorn here…Yes, I have seen several trolling threads by Bjorn, and yes, sometimes it is hard to understand him…That said, it is very hard to write in a language that is not your mother tongue and I think that he has gotten much better, so instead of bashing him for being incomprehensible why not ask him to clarify. We all have to learn sometime. And as for the sense of humor, you have to admit that your little jab was a tad mean-spirited…

re-commence flaming

Derhelm (German for TheHelmet…) said:

Ok, I’m gonna have to de-lurk and defend Bjorn here…Yes, I have seen several trolling threads by Bjorn, and yes, sometimes it is hard to understand him…That said, it is very hard to write in a language that is not your mother tongue

Yeah, it can sure be hard. I should know. I’m a Dutchman.

and I think that he has gotten much better, so instead of bashing him for being incomprehensible why not ask him to clarify. We all have to learn sometime.

Well, yeah, we do ask him all the time. And if his clarification than STILL doesn’t come across, bj0rn usually creates a little more fog around him by babbling on pseudo-phylosophically about “he who doesn’t understand it, shouldn’t read it”, “it’s not about how I put the words, but it’s about hwo you interpret them”, etc. And this, frankly, can be quite annoying if you’re genuinely interested in the point someone is trying to get across. As I once was in bj0rn’s case.
I am fully aware of the fact that not everybody can be fluent at English. That’s NOT why I am picking on bj0rn. It’s just that he seems to derive pleasure from the fact, that people don’t understand him through his statements and deliberately mystifying explanations of them. And that, I’m afraid, constitutes a Troll.

And as for the sense of humor, you have to admit that your little jab was a tad mean-spirited…

It sure was. As I already admitted in this thread.

Don’t get me wrong, Derhelmet. This was just to clarify… otherwise I’d like to say: Welcome Aboard, Son !

Cheers,

CF

re-commence flaming

Nah. I think we’re done with this one. Right, bj0rn ?

hands bj0rn the infamous Amsterdam Peace Joint

Coldfire

Woops… that would be Dernhelm… ignore any Germany references in the last post :slight_smile:

Coldfire

well now, how nice. i thought this thread was over and done with before roussseau there posted his narrow-minded, ill-considered post.
i am not busting coldfire or anything like that, but still that seems to be the reason you post in this thread. i find that strange to say the least.
what i reacted against was jabbing outside the pit yes. but belive me, if you think a joke on someone elses expence can be “innocent” you have lost something. if you know what it is, you havent lost it. but are just misguided. if you have lost it, i do hope you will find it. it is whatever makes you a human being.
about my posts in the troll list(i can not understand why actions and posts in one thread should affect what you are doing in another thread). you are one of the few who didnt like what i was saying. if you didnt notice, like durnovarianus so kindly pointed out to you that just because YOU didnt understand…well you know the rest.
and what the bloody well are you talking about DEFENDING?? people are just making their opinions clear on the matter. like you are. its pretty simple, there are others out there who can state their opinions. and i, you or any other person on this messageboard can than counter that opinion. i sure hope that is one of the purposes of this messageboard. being able to speak your mind.
but one thing you can bloody well lay off, is you hammering on the subject that if somehow in YOUR opinion did a wrong thing once i will do it again. and you are saying that when you mention that defending thing.
just like i chose to ignore your first post, because it was “unintelligeble”(i dont care if it was grammatically correct, it can still be unintelligeble, its called writing badly). later i chose to reply to some of your posts because the sounded, well…more intelligeble, although wrong from my point of view.
so far every post i have seen from you rousseau have been negative. you are systematically tearing other peoples postings down to nothing, instead of making a positive and constructive reply about them.

coldfire: you are a little wrong again about that email thing. if you want to let people know that you want to discuss the matter privately over email, why do you include your email in your profile? of course it would present a problem if nobody would include their email in their profile, how are you going to let the person know if you want to discuss the matter over email then?
well, the answer is: include your email like you are doing, but do a simple reply saying, “i dont want to talk about this over email”. and then delete the email in question. thats how simple it is.

and one other thing. do you represent dutchmen? you have stated before that you dont represent europeans, but it sound like you are saying every dutchman is without morale.

you are not judging me, no you are not!

like has been said before, this is your opinion. and this is your understanding of what i am saying. i am saying your understanding is wrong, based on what i was trying to say. now, some people understood what i was trying to say but you or rousseau didnt. i dont suppose that tells us anything about your intelligence.(for those joke-implaired persons: notice that i made this as a statement, but the statement can be understood in more ways than one. it can be understood as a question, it can be understood as sarcasm. but what you really should do is put the stress in the sentance on the DONT part of it.)

thank you for your time, have a nice day
bj0rn

ok to begin with
bj0rn i think you should take the joint, this shit between you guys is getting out of bounds.

And Coldfire you have to admit that bj0rn has gotten a lot better since his first posting on Straightdope, give him a little room for awhile.

But for all i care Rousseau can bang his head to his monitor untill he calms down, he might also try to control his temper like Coldfire and bj0rn.

i have no problem understanding bj0rn but that might be because he and i have a similar style of writing and have known eachother for awhile, you have to get to know him before you understand his postings like many of you have found out.

skupla: well, you know me. im relaxed :wink:

but really, i havent gotten better at nothing. you have just gotten used to it.
and, i like being a reminder on how you are not supposed to write english. and by yelling at my for my grammar and spelling, you are at the same time making sure that you yourselves arent posting any grammar or spelling errors. cause if you were, it would look awfully stupid :wink:

bj0rn - your grammar teacher in disguise

You keep forgetting the joint man grab it before it’s too late. :slight_smile:
and you have improved your grammar or maby i don’t know anything about english grammar and should shut up… yes that’s it.

Well, to finish things off then from my side of the whole thing, a final quote-and-answer session.

what i reacted against was jabbing outside the pit yes. but belive me, if you think a joke on someone elses expence can be “innocent” you have lost something. if you know what it is, you havent lost it. but are just misguided. if you have lost it, i do hope you will find it. it is whatever makes you a human being.

Another HUH? there, as far as I’m concerned…

coldfire: you are a little wrong again about that email thing. if you want to let people know that you want to discuss the matter privately over email, why do you include your email in your profile? of course it would present a problem if nobody would include their email in their profile, how are you going to let the person know if you want to discuss the matter over email then?

Because I also receive very positive and movign e-mail from other posters, like I stated before. And, dammit, I’ll state it AGAIN then: flaming me is started in the Pit, then when things get too much out of hand, or too personal, I’ll let the counterparty know RIGHT HERE, in the Pit, that I wish to continue the matter privately over e-mail. Then, and only then, can my e-mail be used for flaming purposes.

well, the answer is: include your email like you are doing, but do a simple reply saying, “i dont want to talk about this over email”. and then delete the email in question. thats how simple it is.

True.

and one other thing. do you represent dutchmen? you have stated before that you dont represent europeans, but it sound like you are saying every dutchman is without morale.

That’s probably what it sounds like to YOU. I was merelely making another joke. But I have noticed before that my poor excuses for humour seem to miss their appeal on yourself.

you are not judging me, no you are not!

No, I am not judging. I’m pragmatically evaluating you every instance at a time. Unfortunately, this has lead to a lot of reactions on my behalf so far. But that’s, as you also put it, voicing an opinion, not judging.
Believe me, if I had any judicial powers over a board like this that claims to fight ignorance, I would have concluded that bj0rn was an obstruction to living up to that claim: thus, I would have banned you a long time ago. But I certainly am NOT demanding for that to happen here - let the Powers that Be decide on that one. In due time.

now, some people understood what i was trying to say but you or rousseau didnt. i dont suppose that tells us anything about your intelligence.(for those joke-implaired persons: notice that i made this as a statement, but the statement can be understood in more ways than one. it can be understood as a question, it can be understood as sarcasm. but what you really should do is put the stress in the sentance on the DONT part of it.)

Uhhhhhh… now, does the fact that I don’t understand ANY of this last bit tell us something about my intelligence, or about your eloquence ?

Coldfire

im sorry for that email coldfire, it wasnt supposed to be flaming…but in order to prevent you from thinking it was i should have added a little more text to it. it was at the time meant as a start for the “private email discussion”. well, enough of that now, we have solved that.

and as i said i belive we had finished this thread earlier, but then our dear rousseau posted that . of his.

if thats not judging i dont know what is. but yes you are right that you present alot more opinion value than rousseau over there. thats my opinion. but as i take it, well i hope so at least, is that you could reword that sentance of yours a little bit to better suit your meaning. if im wrong, do explain. if not, dont bother…

coldfire: … you are doing a good job. keep it up!

bj0rn

why cant topic starters close their own threads??

bj0rn

Because there’s always a guy like me who likes to have the final word :wink:

OK, I’ll rephrase that sentence you quoted to something like being incomprehensible TO ME and looking trolish IN MY OPINION.

Judging is final, whereas opinions change based on the most recent postings. And frankly, YES, you have shown a lot more of your wit and eloquence in this post than ever before. So, my opinion of you is certainly better now. Don’t stop improving just now, though :wink:

Coldfire

Sorry, CF. I want the last word.

Duodenum.

-andros-

Sorry, andros. The last word in my M-W dictionary is zymurgy. Which is fitting when you consider my SN.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

CFire - wanna come over and have a beer?

Andros… its kind of in my genetic make up as a woman to have the last word here.

“Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.”