What's good on netflix streaming now?

Any good finds lately?

Still waiting for season two of Orange is the New Black.

I haven’t seen it yet but I’m looking forward to watching “The Square”.

I was sold on this documentary watching the Daily Show.

I have a thread about “Mitt” the documentary about Mitt Romney. It’s quite good.

In Bruges, one of my favorite movies, streams.

The IT Crowd was a great find and a very cute and funny show.

Supernatural is my favorite show(that still airs, anyway) and it streams.

Jack Reacher is surprisingly good and is on there now, same with Olympus Has Fallen.

What kind of stuff do you like? In any case, I recommend:

A Royal Affair
Lore
Populaire
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
The Constant Gardener
Paranorman
Trading Places
The Lady Eve
Broadcast News
The Imposter
How to Survive a Plague

Links go to IMDb, but they’re all on streaming.

Episodes, Happy Endings, House of Cards, Archer, The IT Crowd, Community, Supernatural, Drop Dead Diva, Misfits, Jericho, Lost, Breaking Bad - all excellent.

Oh, Suits, too - I’m really enjoying that show, too.

I really liked Jericho. Too bad they had to wrap it up in such a hurry.

Thanks so much, we have watched Lost and Breaking Bad already.

… These. I just watched the documentary recommended on here about Mitt Romney. A bit slanted I think, but all in all, a good watch, and I admit he does seem a bit more human in it, so that was interesting.

I can’t wait for Orange is the new Black second season. That was an outstanding first season for a Netflix original.

I like documentaries, so if anyone has any good ones, please recommend.

I have watched Lost and Breaking Bad so many times I have decided I must force myself to give new things a try.

I found out he hard way that not all of Breaking Bad is on Netflix. I marathoned that entire series in the span of a couple of months, only to find, when I got to season 5, the last half of the season isn’t even there. Fortunately, it will be sometime in February.

I recently watched Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters.
It’s not great but it’s kind of a fun popcorn nibbly way to kill 90 minutes.

In Bruges is great! If you like that you’ll love Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

If you haven’t seen Trollhunter check it out. Another good popcorn chewer.

The first season of American Horror Story is really good, the second is just OK.

Cabin In The Woods is fun.

I’m really liking Netflix lately. Their streaming catalog just keeps growing, it seems.

In addition to the ones already mentioned, Lillyhammer is really enjoyable to me. Also Mark Maron’s special Thinky Pain was beyond funny.

Once in a while I run into something like The History of Future Folk, which is certainly not a great movie, but a quirky delight that satisfies my sensibilities. I really shouldn’t recommend that one, though, but if it sounds like it’s up your alley, go for it.

I’ve also seen a number of Thai and Taiwanese films that were decent, at least. I dunno why so many of them have just recently become available on Netflix, but I enjoyed some of them. If that piques your interest for any reason, I could hunt down the names of those I enjoyed.

The documentaries I’ve watched so far have almost universally been quite good. The tv shows on Netflix are good, the documentaries are good - the movies are so-so. “Money and Medicine” was very good (about the US healthcare system); “Death by China” was also excellent (about outsourcing jobs to China). “Erasing Hate” (about a former White Supremacist who recants his ways and endures two years of torture to have his face tattoos removed) was, well, extremely informative about the reasons to never get your face tattooed. :slight_smile:

I’ve been on a Netflix horror movie run lately:

“The Awakening” is really good- beautifully shot and more creepy and atmospheric than scary jump-shot stuff.

“Black Death”, set during the plague in Europe, is really well done, and if you’re a “Game of Thrones” fan it has bonus goodness of both Sean Bean (Ned Drake) and the woman who plays the red witch.

Seconding “Troll Hunter” and “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters”. HGWH is ridiculous and ridiculously entertaining. A fun game to play while watching it is “count the anachronisms”. That would have made a good drinking game if I had been drinking, except you’d probably be in bad shape toward the end.

In the documentary category, I watched “Blackfish” which was horribly sad. I know Seaworld is loudly saying the movie is biased and plays loose with the facts, and I want to get their side of things as well, but it’s still a tragedy both for the killer whales and the trainers who were hurt and killed, whatever the truth is.

Tip: if you click the Netflix logo at the top, you can choose listings of movies by genre; then you can choose them to be listed by highest rating, release order, etc.

Been watching ‘The Killing’, saw seasons one and two previously, but they only recently added season three.

They have all 8 seasons of Dexter, I’m up to 6 so far.

Will have to check out Black Death.

Been a while since I’ve done any netflix streaming, but they had, at least for a while, all of George Carlin’s specials available. The documentary, Beauty is Embarassing, about the artist (partially? I forget) responsible for the visuals of Pee-Wee’s Playhouse is very good–funny, charming, interesting.

Season 2 of House of Cards starts in February, so you can catch season 1 now.

Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries; found it on PBS before I noticed Netflix has it availble for streaming.

Zombie alert: I was thinking about starting a new “ongoing Netflix recommendation thread,” but thought that this existing one would work just fine. Anyway…

I just discovered a set of funny James Bond parodies. They’re French (subtitle alert) and a little hit-and-miss, but the retro 60’s styling is impeccable: OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies and OSS 117: Lost in Rio.

Interestingly, long before it was recreated as a spoof series, OSS 117 was the central character of a thriving spy series that predated James Bond by 4 years.