When's the last time you ate string cheese?

As a follow up to “When is the last time you ate a hot dog?,” “When is the last time you ate liver and onions?,” “When is the last time you at creamed beef on toast (shit on a shingle)?,” “When is the last time you drank egg nog?”, “When is the last time you ate circus peanuts?” and When is the last time you ate at Waffle House? (I swear when I posted those previous threads, there were polls included…), I want to know when the last time you ate a log of string cheese… It’s not just for kids, you know!

• Less than a week ago
  • Less than a year ago
  • Between a year and ten years ago
  • More than ten years ago
  • Never
0 voters

Follow-up poll for those who eat string cheese, how do you eat it:

• I bite into it like Bugs Bunny eating a carrot (or “Macho Man” Randy Savage eating a Slim Jim)
  • I peel it, eating it one string at a time, like nature intended
  • Some other, possibly unholy, option. This would include a combination of the two other options.
0 voters

I always took on bite, which then gives a ragged edge that makes for easier peeling.

So I’m not sure how to vote.

I edited poll option #3 to make your decision easier.

ETA: Apparently editing poll options erases all previous votes, so if you voted in the “How do you eat it” poll, I apologize, your vote got wiped.

I cut them into disks and use them in a Halloween salad that includes yellow grape tomatoes and black olives and orange bell peppers.

Unholy!

But it sounds delicious.

How about never? Does never work for you?

Never liked the stuff. Bland and rubbery was my take on it. But to each his own. The kids loved the stuff.

1 minute ago. Running a Con Suite at Norwescon right now, and it is one of many different snacks available.

Tried it once, didn’t care for it, never ate it again. It’s not that it is horrible - it doesn’t have enough flavor for that. It’s just: why?

My wife used to buy it on occasion. I peel it into 3 or four uber-strings when I eat it, but I don’t try to separate it into tiny filaments.

Small segments can be cut and allowed to melt onto hash brown patties in the oven, for that essential je ne sais quoi.

We always have them in the house cuz my teenage son has loved them since he was a wee tot. So my most recent taste was this afternoon.

I used be a peel-and-eat guy until I watched my son eat it like a carrot, and I was like “Right on, my dude.” And I’ve eaten it that way ever since.

Depends what it’s made of. Scamorza or chechil are going to taste better than the cheapest cheap pseudo-mozzarella. Haven’t personally had any in a while, though.

One string at a time. Sorta makes my snack last longer. Feels like I get more.
The less ingredients (taste) the better.

I probably haven’t had it in at least a year, but definitely not more than 10 years ago. In 2015-16, I had one of the U.S.'s largest brands of string cheese as a client, and we always had a lot of their product in the office fridge.

Disregard my answer I read this “Whens the last time you are strong cheese” :wink:

Great question, actually!

I see it all the time in the grocery store, and it always comes up on coupons and such, but I haven’t had it probably since I was six or seven.

How to eat it? Well, memory’s a bit fuzzy, but I never daintily “destringed” the string…although I’ve seen it done. But didn’t exactly just chomp on it like a big old cigar of cheese, Lee J. Cobb-style or however.

Well, that is a line addition to the shopping list, I guess. Yeah, I remember that stuff.

Sorry, most of those links are actually dead. Apparently it’s been a while since I’ve done one is these threads.

That does sound good.

Re: string cheese, I like it. It’s a quick snack and not messy.