Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

Welcome back. Hope you stick around.

Great!

Yes, glad to see you, Ianzin!

She has me worried. Libraries reopened, and still no posts from Annie-Xmas, I hope she’s OK.

I haven’t seen a post by Monstro in awhile. I hope she’s well.

@Leo_Bloom and @kobal2 are two others who have not posted in a long time. Leo posts from New York and kobal2 from France, both areas which were hard hit by covid back in the spring. Hope they’re alright.

I miss Annamika and Skald. I also miss The Grapist from way back. I don’t recall if he got banned or just wandered away but I enjoyed his completely random, run-on sentence tales and went on forever but were somehow hilarious nonetheless.

I think you may be confusing @The_Grapist with someone else.

Alas, there does not seem to be a way of Graping posts on Discourse.

That’s quite possible. It has been a long, long time. For some reason I thought he was the guy that wrote those long, rambly posts in MPSIMS that made no sense but were funny. Though now that you mention it, I do remember him grape-bombing many a thread, especially in the pit. That was entertaining, too. Sometimes.

There was some heated give-and-take in a couple of threads about transgenderism a couple of months ago, in which her sister (YWTF / You With The Face) and she were both involved. it looks like she hasn’t posted here since then.

This could possibly describe several posters. Maybe you’re thinking of @Super_Kapowzler? He was mentioned above in this thread. Here’s one randomly selected example:

@The_Grapist, on the other hand, was a one-trick pony whose one trick was stupid, yet some of us inexplicably found it funny, myself included.

I’m so glad I’m not the only person who found it funny. I mean, yeah, it was annoying in that way your siblings are annoying but at least it was predictable and generally harmless.

And yeah, Kopowzler might have been the guy. I thought it was someone else, but that text looks about right. I swear, I’m getting old. Or maybe I’ve been a member for too long. Can’t believe I’ve been a member or guest here longer than my children have been alive.

Are you thinking of Scylla?

@epolo

No one else does tho

They said the posts were funny though.

I’m sorry to learn this. I sure hope she’ll come back.

Agree on hoping monstro returns.

I always liked reading even_sven’s accounts of living and traveling in Africa. Her experiences and impressions were always thought-provoking. Last post was several years ago.

I also miss Annamika.

Scylla was the one who wrote story posts, like the one about blimps?

Too bad that we’ve lost jarbabyj (banned for socking, then much later passed away, IIRC due to suicide). I can’t say I exactly respected her, though she was pretty entertaining, and she had one of the most memorable usernames of anyone on the boards.

She’s not dead. You might be thinking of OpalCat, and that wasn’t suicide, either.