Your username?

Chose my nickname due to the constant stream of messages I post on IRC. Seems like I can find a way to twist almost anything around and make it into something sexual or otherwise perverted. My most commonly used line would probably be something along the lines of this.

And of course, my sign-off message…

Mine comes from my nickname. I got it because I’m 5’11 and my best friend is 6’5. A woman we were friends with looked at us and said: “You two look just like Yogi and Boo Boo” and it stuck. The 316 comes from a wrestling fan friend of mine that I play video games with all the time. When I win he always says “Well, I guess Boo Boo 316 just kicked my ass”. I also couldn’t register as BooBoo without the number on the end.

Mine comes from a twist of song lyrics.

Sentenced’s - Down album has a song called Keep My Grave Open.

A verse:
Keep My Grave Open, open wide
Keep My Grave Open, I’m longing to die

• Cool and peaceful, and far from the battlefields
    …and opened just for me

NP: Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse

Trouble’s my cat. Totally original and exciting to take my cat’s name, huh?

Well, I chose my user name bacause Grendel was a mama’s boy but also a badass.

Mine’s fairly obvious. I used to be a shiny happy little idealistic world-saving halfwit.

Now, I’m a cynical, jaded misanthropic fullwit who kind of misses that old persona from time to time.

Some way cool new user names!

I’ve explained mine before, but here goes again.

Vestal Blue is the call sign of a Battle of Britain Spitfire pilot in a novel I like; so you see, it has nothing to do with an ancient Roman goddess.

IIRC; our relationship ('79, '80?) predated Boy’s popularity by a little bit. I could be wrong, though.
Anyway, I didn’t wear make-up back then. Pantyhose, sure. But I had my reasons. :wink:
BTW; I liked Boy George’s music.
Peace,
mangeorge

Sorry if I came across all pedantic an’ twittish, mangeorge. Yeah, good thread! Go with it! ‘Sides, right now it looks like I’ve been a ba-a-a-a-ad Ice Wolf, for some reason or other (does this mean they found the bodies, after all this time? All of them??) an’ I can’t get into “Search” for nuttin’. Keeps askin’ me for credential all the time. sigh I’m a non-person, all over again.

An Ice Wolf is a fictitious energy beast of lupine form, lives in great mountainous frozen wastes. Sorta like parts o’ NZ, right now. I made Ice Wolfs up. Anyone else tries t’ nick 'em, I’ll sue. :slight_smile:

And you still do have one o’ the coolest names in this here cybertown, love. Thanks for remembering this shaggy ol’ wolf. Watchin’ out for ya – where the hell you been, I’ve missed seein’ your tag?

happy sigh Somebody loves me on the board. My life is now fulfilled. Thanks, ladyfoxfyre.

Ice Wolves, not Ice Wolfs. Mind you, knowing them, it could be either. Bye.

My nick begins with my initials and yes I have a southern (USA) accent. I use this nick everywhere, I’ve registered so far. If you see me, feel free to say hi, just be sure to mention SDMB, or I may flee or block due to stranger anxiety! :wink:

Dangit, I was hoping someone would’ve figured it out by now, but here goes.

[lecture mode on]

Celestina is a sorceress. The most recent popular culture reference to her I’ve found is when J.K. Rowling mentions her as “Celestina Warbuck” on page 32? of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, but she also is a witch in a 16th Century work called La Celestina (1500) by Ferdinand de Rojas. This precursor to and arguably prototype to Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet was originally known as Tragicomedia de Calisto y Melibea, but through the years due to audience appreciation of/fascination with the anti-heroine in the text, Celestina, a witch who acts as Calisto’s and Melibea’s go-between, the text came to be lovingly known as La Celestina.

Next to Don Quijote, La Celestina is considered to be the second greatest early work in Spanish and arguably the whole Western Hemisphere’s literature. It was written as a drama, but some critics argue it’s more like a novel because the passages of dialogue are too long to be spoken in an actual performance. But I digress. Celestina is a character folks love to hate. She’s QUITE naughty. She does whatever the hell she wants whenever the hell she wants. She is not a slave to the societal roles dictated to women back in the 16th century. And because there’s no easy way to classify her according to 16th Century standards of womanhood, this makes people uncomfortable and fearful of her powers to enchant or destroy. She’s crafty and powerful hag who lives by her own code, and this is what makes her fascinating to me. I got the background information on the text from the “Introduction” to Celestina (1987) by Dorothy Sherman Severin, who also provides a decent Bibliography of scholarship that’s been done on this text.

[lecture mode off]

I chose to lower case my handle not to confuse it with the actual work or character, but basically, I’m my own kind of sorceress on the SDMB. :wink: I hope y’all get a chance to read the text sometime.

i usually use PixieX3, but since even that is being taken everywhere, i just used a very simple definition :wink:

Otherwise known as the Oriental rat flea. X. cheopis carries the bacillus Yersinia pestis, which causes bubonic plauge, and the microbe Rickettsia tyhpi, which causes typhus.

I think it has something to do with my usual condition, but it’s difficult to remember…

I don’t speak Greek.

That, and it’s a very old nickname dating from when I used to pound bullies into pulp, and get them expelled from school. I never started fights (being the smallest person in school), but I definitely ended them.

Don’t worry, I’m much better now.

It was a capricious choice the day I went for it… I like cartoons but don’t obsess needlessly over them. I’ve grown fond of it however, and so will stick by it. Besides, what else would I chose??? :smiley:

Cartooniverse

Elenfair is what my great mentor calls me. It’s my name in old Welsh. It has stuck over the years.

:smiley:

Elly.

I have no imagination.
Kinsey is my real name.

I should change it, but I can’t think of anything clever.

Howyadoin,

I’ve had my “alter ego” since the days of CB radio and BBS. I’m surprised, actually, that more SDMB users didn’t get into the BBS scene. Occasionally, if I was doing something I shouldn’t I’d opt for “digital_man” but that was not often…

-Rav