24: Season 6: Episodes 23-24 (4:00am - 6:00am) Season Finale

“If you send somebody after us, I’ll kill 'em. I’m pretty good at that, too.”

Nice acting from Keifer. He got across a believeable combination of determination and weariness.

I think it was primarily to make Nadia feel guilty.

Yeah, I thought they were just going to shoot him when they showed up. Seems like that would have been much easier. Especially since they already made him get rid of any backup or transport by sending the chopper away.

No – at the start of season 5, Chloe had just hooked up with Spenser, who worked under her at CTU.

Miles was the asswipe who worked for Karen Hayes at Homeland Security, and who screwed over the CTU folks, throwing his lot in with Logan.

:smack: Yes, I meant Morris. Too many “M” names…

I’ve only watched the last two seasons, and although somewhat enjoyable I have a headache from rolling my eyes so much. Should I go out and get season 1 and/or 2? Will I get a good dose of Jack shooting people in the thigh?

And much more. :wink:

Seriously, I used to be a hardcore fan–my interest (and time I was able to invest watching it) waned about the end of season 5, but those first five seasons were all very, very much worth it. Go get the DVDs and do a marathon–it’s the only way. (Do a repeat viewing for the drinking game, if possible.)

Now that Curtis (“Black Bauer”) is gone, I’m hoping Doyle (“Blind Bauer”) returns, complete with badass eyepatch!

And props to Buchanan for getting in the mix and pulling it out w/o getting himself killed. I liked him & Karen as a couple, though it’s too bad they were always in different time zones (no love scene for you!)

Also, kudos to Jack’s manbag, for making it through the jump-to-ladder-safety followed by the ocean-plummet.

OK, on the whole it was pretty dumb, and probably the least moving final ep of the series ever (Jack’s tearing up notwithstanding), but I hope that (a) we never hear from or see Josh again, (b) ditto Chloebaby, © Jack’s dark again, and (d) the writers may have learned something this season.

See you next January!

It’s a EUROPEAN CARRY-ALL!! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I laughed when I saw him emerge from the water with the Jack-Sack. Does anyone remember if he had it on him when he jumped for the helo-ladder? I didn’t think he did, but it’s hard to remember.

Oh, and one other thing. How much elapsed time was there between when he got out of the water and when he showed up at the Heller House? Seemed like about 5 minutes or less.

I think it was more like 15. So, three times more believable.

-Joe

It occurs to me that at the end of every season, Jack has lost something. His wife, his control over his emotions, his identity, his freedom, the girl. But I have no memory of season 2. What did he lose at the end of that?

The cougar?

The delivery of this line was probably my favourite Jack bit this series (not including sliding bauer death shot).

Nothing in particular – other than the chance to kill Nina. He was headed off to the hospital, I think, at the end of season 2. And the big ending to season 2 was the Mandy Death Handshake, which became a useless plot item.

True, but Jack didn’t seem especially pissed at Heller when they talked at CTU earlier this season, even after he told Jack that he was not to see Audrey. He almost seemed resigned to accept the decision. Did I miss anything that would lead to holding him at gunpoint? Those last 15 minutes were the only minutes in this entire season where Jack seemed even remotely annoyed that he’d been left for dead in China.

Jack lost Karen Hayes in season 2? :smiley:

I think I asked the wrong question. It’s not so much the time lapse between his emerging from the water, but from when he left the beach. He spent some minutes on the beach getting help for Doyle.

Well after watching about 3-4 hours worth of this show this year, they really really need to trash the format of the show as currently constituted and go off in a completely different direction plotwise. Because another season of the same old just isn’t going to cut it at all.

They need to…

1 - Get the hell out of L.A.

2 - Ditch some of the magic technology crap and go to basics

3 - Get away from CTU. Jack’s excellent adventure in Mexico was fairly decent - and it seemed to me that CTU was only minimally involved in anything.

-Joe

Terrorists plan to blow up the Shack barbecue restaurant in Little Rock.
“You must use the light sauce or mill…er, three or four people will die!” :slight_smile:

Just got around to watching the episodes on Fox.com (Heroes and yes, Dancing With The Stars took precedence on the DVR). I thought the music was excellent, especially during the oil platform scenes.

That’s all I got.

I thought Season 5 was the best season after the first two (for what it’s worth.)

This one was pretty trite and rushed, trying to get in two story lines.

Okay, let’s see if I can remember them all off the top of my head.

First season - Palmer/Drazens
Second season - Mexicans and The Virus (with special bonus Jack Bauer with Heroin-fu action grip!)
Third Season - A nuke or two - it involved George Mason getting a silent countdown, I think
Fourth Season - Terror Family and Roadrunner Marwan and the absurdly escalating terror plot that involved a meltdown at every nuclear reactor in the country AND shooting down Air Force One.
Fifth Season - So far the hardest to remember, actually. Gratuitous killing of Tony and Michelle. It had Logan being evil…oh, right, the viruses that were supposed to be delivered to Commie Terrorists that actually got loose in L.A… And Jack’s Chinese kidnapping.
Sixth Season - A lot of dead Bauers, and Jack proving that he’s distantly related to Dracula.

How’d I do? I may have mixed up seasons two and three.

-Joe