24: Season 6: Episodes 23-24 (4:00am - 6:00am) Season Finale

Distantly, hell.
Ever seem 'em both, together at the same time?

You mixed up seasons 2 and 3.

And I could still wish that they’d properly made Nina Meyers into the anti-Jack, entirely uncatchable and always popping up randomly.

Season 5 was about half plain old intrigue in the White House, which was something that was new (as a big element) at the time and fun to watch (for myself.)

Eh, I had a feeling on that.

As for Nina, she was pretty good. Still, Mandy was kind of the anti-Jack. And she’s still on the loose, right? Or did Jack and Tony take her down? I know she didn’t die…

-Joe

She was artificially inseminated with sperm from…Edgar!

I thought the getting help for Doyle came before the chopper rescue to the platform. By the time Jack landed in the water and swam ashore, he was the only one on the beach at the time.

My question is how he knew where Heller was now. Or does Heller just conveniently have as a permanent residence a house on the L.A. beach?

Actually, this one was nerve gas, not a virus.

And Season 5 was an improvement, I thought, over season 4. But season 6 has proved that the writers are having a really hard time coming up with new ideas, and they are recycling too many old and predictable plot “twists”. Also the CTU soap opera was pretty uninteresting. Chloe could have been used so much better this season – I thought that she was underutilized this time.

I still think that season 2 (the nuke-in-L.A. plot) was some of the best 24 out there. Especially the season 2 interactions between Jack and Nina.

Hm…don’t recall about Mandy.

She always seemed a bit weak to be all that big of a rival.

AI? Oh come on, why do you think she and Edgar fought so much? :slight_smile:

I’m not betting on it. I was waiting all evening to hear this:

Granpa Bauer: Dammit, Jack! He’s my grandson!

Jack: And he’s my son! Dammit!

Josh: Dammit Uncle Jack!

And it would have had the extra bonus of being three quick shots for those playing the drinking game at home. :slight_smile:

Damn, I’m not getting anything right here!

Well, that, too. If he had such a house, it wouldn’t be odd that Jack would know about it from his days dating Audrey. But one would assume that she’d be in a hospital somewhere at this point-- only a few hours after her rescue.

Right, it’s just that when Jack was actually dating Audrey, Heller was SecDef and presumably living in Washington D.C. – or so I thought. Perhaps he had a home in L.A., though.

Because since the end of season 4, Jack has been hiding out incognito (and dead in everybody else’s eyes, except for a select few) or living in a Chinese prison.

I think she was captured at the end of season 4, when she had tried to kill Tony. But I’m pretty sure we haven’t seen her since that incident.

Personally, I would say that the stupidest segment was how they were able to helicopter in and out as both the President of the USA and the President of Russia, and all of their various spy agencies and military surveillance/information teams are watching it – and no one noticed.

The Russians found a Chinese submarine off of Los Angeles, and they couldn’t see a helicopter and big gas explosions 10 minutes before the jets came? :dubious:

Wasn’t that when Jack offered her a deal at the apartment complex?
She went off to join the cast of The L-word after that…

Maybe the Russians and the Veep didn’t really care. The platform was going to get blown to smithereens one way or another – so who cares if a chopper goes with it or not.

Although I was thinking it was kind of stupid for Jack and Bill to NOT immediately call CTU and say, “Hey! We’ve recovered the circuit board! Quick, call the Veep and see if you can get them to call off the air strike! After all, we have Cheng and we have the circuit board, so that’s all the proof needed…”

I mean, I’d still be running for the chopper and high-tailing it out of there in any event. But they got Cheng 10 minutes before the fighters arrived, and all that was left was daddy Bauer and a few random henchmen. I’d get CTU on the horn.

Did they get the circuit board?

Nope. Idiot Cheng handed it to Daddy Bauer, although we have no idea why, other than doing randomly stupid things is common in 24. If Daddy Bauer did escape, then he should have the chip. I doubt, however, anything will come of it next season.

Yeah, that was good. However, the whole bit with Jack having to break Salazar out of prison, followed (eventually) by Jack having to kill Chappelle made season 3 pretty decent.

Except for the constant screaming of “Claowdia!”. Ugh.

-Joe

Except you’re forgetting the whole point of the airstrike was to destroy the circuit board. If there’s a helicopter LEAVING THE PLATFORM, the location of the circuit board might be a bit of a concern (again).

Still, I think it’s funny how schizophrenic Subarov was perfectly willing to trust Veep Evil after Veep Evil had claimed less than a few hours before that the circuit board had been destroyed.

“Sure, I lied to you before, but THIS time a random oil rig is going to get blown up. You can trust me this time, I swear! We’ll even show you the video of the rig getting destroyed. Of course the circuit board is on there. I double-dog swear!”

Christ, Subarov has become a real plot hammer this season.

-Joe

Someone already said it but … Doyle, what a dumbass. No reason to think the bad guys aren’t going to double cross you. They’re * bad guys *.

Much time dilation in these last couple of hours.

If the oil platform is six miles off-shore, then that Zodiac would really have had to have flown to get out there in the ten or twelve minutes it took. 30 mph is pretty slow for a car, but in a small boat on the ocean, it’s a real kidney pounder. And they were mighty dry when they got out.

Did the Chinese orcs on top of the oil platform get off any shots at the copter? Once again – guys with automatic weapons on stable platform aiming at big helicopter vs guy on helicopter aiming at much smaller multiple targets…I don’t think Jack should have won that round. Especially as the Chinese had already taken out at least one copter that day – it would be too much to expect that they’d have left the Stinger missiles in their other coat.

Lots of cliched “bullets striking sparks off railings” and “gunfire setting off explosions” in that last fight. Mythbusters would have had a field day with it.

When Jack was having his heart-to-heart with Josh on the oil rig – um, how did he know that he’d wasted all the bad guys? I was expecting him to get shot in the back at any moment.

So…Jack just left his Dad there with the chip and a boat. Even if the guy has a bullet in his shoulder and a lump on his head, that seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do. At least pump a few bullets into the inflatable before you run off.
Bill Buchanan: “Jack’s an expert at disappearing. You’ll never find him.” Unless, I dunno, you head over to the Heller residence, like anyone with a brain would do. I’m personally a bit interested in knowing how a guy dressed all in black with nothing but a pistol and a very wet cell phone, many distinguishing scars, and no time to set up a safe house or squirrel away funds is going to stay out of the public eye for long.

This is Jack Bauer, the baddest man this side of Chuck Norris! And Jack with pistol is many times more dangerous. Personally, I’d rather face Jack when he has an assault rifle because he’s surgical with his pistol.

Lastly, Jack knows if CTU comes after him they will set up a perimeter, and there is nothing easier to escape from, wet paper bag included, than a CTU perimeter.