FCM told me I had to start the week’s MMP~I’d been shirking long enough

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 67 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 90 and maybe rainy this afternoon. Or maybe N.O.S. TWPTB cannot make up their minds on this. Today we accomplish laundry. Also, the funeral for my friend Molly, who died last week, is at eleven and we shall attend. We’ve decided to do N.O.L. at our favorite Mexican place since we will be out and about. OLÈ! Any need for sup will be via forage.

Nuts bizkits 'n sausage gravy is nummy in 'Murica. I imagine bizkits 'n sausage gravy in the UK would not be considered nummy.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then I suppose I should purtify and consider appropriate bein’ about the public attire again. This will be three days in a row! WOE!

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Cat_Glove - them furriners - it’s like they have a different word for everything!!! Especially the French and the Spanish and the Italians and… I crack me up!!

I cursed my luck yesterday. I slept about an hour last night, then woke for no apparent reason and was up for just over 3 hours. Dammit. I did fall back to sleep, but I’s tahred this morning.

The physical therapist is coming between 10 and 11 to see FCD, so once I finish treading the mill, I need to tidy the living room and maybe push a vacuum cleaner around. Not sure what I’m going to do with Roxy, but I want to be around to hear what the PT has to say. Maybe I’ll bring some of her puzzle tiles up from the basement to amuse her while we talk. And I’ll take her to the playground after lunch, then deliver her to her maternal unit after school today.

It’s supposed to be a hot one - upper 80s are promised and no rain. We did get several nice showers yesterday, which my new grass seed needed. More showers promised tomorrow - I already got tickets to the museum. Roxy needs an otter fix. :laughing:

And so it begins - another day in paradise. I need a nap. Happy Tuesday!

Yay for all the good news that was shared! I like to see good things happen!

Swampy, you did a good thing. I too would probably have a martooni or six.

I had next to no sleep and I have a lot to get done today. I’m tired and slightly crabby. I need to be able to put on my happy face once I start work for the day and I hope I’m successful. I don’t have much on the calendar (so far) for today, so that’s a good thing. Now I just have to hope that folks are less needy today.

I finally caved and made a doctor appointment for my knee, arm, and wrist. Hell, let’s just call it; it’s my whole left side at this point. The appointment isn’t until the 18th, but if symptoms worsen, I’m supposed to call the consulting nurse so they can try to work me in sooner. I’ve been living with this crap for the last three months, what’s another couple of weeks?

It looks like everyone is coming to my place for Mother’s Day. I could have opted to celebrate at my daughter’s place, but since my son plans to pick up my mother, I thought I would make things easier on him by having to drive fewer miles and not having to go so far out of his way to pick her up. I am really looking forward to seeing the kids and grandkids.

The rain is supposed to ease up today and we are supposed to end with general cloudiness. I think tomorrow is supposed to be the warmest day of the week, and then things cool down a bit with clouds and maybe a little more rain. That’s good, actually, because even with all the snowpack we have, it’s been relatively dry for this area, and we are actually in drought status. Hard to believe, but there you have it.

Time for another cup of coffee. It’s going to be a multi-cup morning.

I’m so happy to hear Mrs. Magill is doing better - those transfusions are incredible, but it sounds like it’s even more than that, that her body is fighting back. Here’s hoping the second treatment isn’t terrible.

Overlyboy indeed got his permit and his ice cream. Really, the rest of the day was anticlimactic in comparison, with the exception of food from a local a Korean-Mexican fusion restaurant. Beef bulgogi over sweet potato fries with sriracha sauce and queso is shockingly delicious. Anyway, it’s gross and crazy rainy now. We have a dumpster coming at some point to clean up the mess I made a few weeks back ripping out the carpet and tearing down the fence. Hopefully we won’t get too soaked, but I’m not super convinced we won’t. Getting everyone up today is a pain in the butt, and I need to get a waddle in either by treadmill or outside or my stomach and my brain will never forgive me.

I tread the mill. I tidied. I < brace yourselves > dusted… :open_mouth:

Shortly, I will wake FCD so he’ll be clean and dressed for PT. So goeth my morning.

Morning all. Tunder-Boomers moved in about 7:30 am but I stubbornly stayed in bed until 8:30 anyway. Still raining outside and more is expected this afternoon, so soccer probably isn’t going to be practiced. Supposed to start drying out on Wednesday, so the weekend looks good for games.

FCM, hope the PT visit goes well.

talky, hope the dumpster loading goes well.

taters, good on ya for making the DRs. appointment. Hopefully they can do something for you. Hope Mom’s day goes well.

swampy, you’re doing too many funerals…but a man like you has many friends, so I guess it is inevitable. And I don’t do martini’s, but I would have had a beer or two after your experience.

nellie, fireworks? Now? For May Day or Cinco De Mayo? Or just to irritate you? And great news on having company–life may be slowly coming back to normal.

hippy, my belated congrats; being out from under the hospital’s debt has to be a great feeling.

red, guess I got lucky, checked my account on-line and no extra billings. The folks there were very polite and got it right away, doubt I’m the only person who has done this before…

shoe, I’ve had one massage in my life (onboard a cruise ship) but there are times I think it would not be a bad idea…

Whew! Apologies if I missed anyone, that’s what I get for taking an evening off from the MMP. All y’all have a good 2sday now. I need to mail a couple of bills if the rain breaks later today, but that and watching Champion’s League soccer are the only two items on my agenda.

Mumpers, I could use some input and advice on a couple of things:

1. How do you cope with all those frickin’ cords for cable/internet/TV? I spent an hour this morning trying to neaten them up. Only four get plugged in to the power strip, but there are others running from TV to cable, modem to wall, etc. I counted 8, including the Roku. It was easier when I had an entertainment center that hid a lot of them, but now I have a vintage lowboy. I used twist-ties to shorten some, and hardly any of the spaghetti shows, but haven’t we all been warned about the dangers of octopus cords?

2. The friends who are coming Thursday afternoon are going to pick up pastry at a bakery. I feel like I should still make cookies because–well, I’m not sure if it’s the Italian need to feed people or some misguided notion that a hostess should always have food to offer. What do you think?

I’d say the latter, but if so, there was a lot of collateral annoyance. Last night was quiet, so maybe they used up their supply.

shoe, I’ve had a few massages. Heaven! I think you deserve one. If more people got massages, the world would be a kinder place.

FCM, how did FCD’s PT go? What did you end up doing with the Roxstar?

swampy, I hope the service was lovely. My mom always insisted we go out to eat after a funeral because “Life is for the living.” I hope the waitstaff brought you extra sour cream and a bouquet of 'maters.

wordy, that chore sounds like zero fun. Hope it feels good to have it done, though!

The hits just keep on coming. While at the playground, SIL’s mother called me because she couldn’t reach my daughter. SIL was taken to the ER with chest pain and a tingling arm. Daughter is still there, in the parking lot because they won’t let her inside. So, yeah, fun day. I’ll be feeding Roxy and her mama - burgers or dogs tonight.

PT was just an initial visit, tho he was told to walk around the house frequently. An occupational therapist will be coming later in the week. We shall see how it all goes.

Always something…

Oh, my, I hope SIL is OK. That sounds scary and very stressful. I hope it turns out to be much ado about nothing. Please let us know.

Daughter just left - she came here for supper. They did a few tests but SIL hasn’t heard from the doctor yet. At least they got him out of the waiting room and into a room. We still don’t know what’s going on.

I’m keeping Roxy overnight. Daughter has gone to tend to her critters and wait at home to hear something. So we don’t know anything other than SIL is still in pain, which is definitely unusual for him.

Here’s hoping Roxy has an early bedtime. yeah, right… :stuck_out_tongue:

FCM, hope SIL recovers quickly…doesn’t sound good from your description. Pleasant dreams with Roxy in the house…

nellie, I don’t have Roku or any other of those fancy do-dads, but have got the TV in a position that all the wiring is well out of site. And let your friends be friends and get something for their hostess. IMHO–considering the paucity of guests at Casa Rat, I may not be the best judge.

Tunder-boomers left for a couple hours this afternoon, letting me get out and mail bills/buy toner cartridge, but are back in force now. Soccer practice is of course cancelled. Will need to find some sustenance shortly.

Is Nellie the Mumper with the well-stocked bar cart she’d like to use up? She could mix up their cocktail of choice as what she cooked for them. Booze and cookies, num! I’d probably never leave.

Here’s hoping FCSIL has been given a clear bill of health or has at least heard from the docs soon so all FCFam can sigh a sigh of relief and get some sleep.

I took your advice and emailed her that the pastry sounded wonderful and thanks so much. I immediately got a reply that said, “Cookies sound wonderful! Let’s do that!” So I’m making cookies.

The same. But they have a two-hour drive after leaving here, so we’d already discarded the cocktail idea. The cookies will be made before they arrive. In fact, I’m making them tomorrow. I wanted to make fancy ones, but I have so much to do that I decided on oatmeal cookies with Craisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts.

I’m very tired. I was one of many who didn’t get enough sleep last night. That is, I slept 7 hours, but I was so wiped out before I went to bed that it didn’t feel like enough. I ate way too much chocolate today, hoping to get more energetic. I’m about to leave for the store and USPS and then will go to the gym. What I really want to do is go to bed, but it’s waaaay too early.

Non-medical update - our old passports came in today’s mail. Not sure why they were posted separately. Weird.

Duh, Boo didn’t think about the whole don’t drink and drive part. My common sense was overpowered by :cookie::cookie::cookie: and :tropical_drink::wine_glass::cocktail::clinking_glasses::tumbler_glass::beer::maté::champagne::beers:. I’m a cheap date.

nellie, to answer question #1, try velcro tape. I use it in the studio, for the cords / cables behind the TV and even to corral the cords on the nightstand.

As for #2, your cookies sound yum!

We didn’t go out to eat after funerals, as the altar guild or on the Lutheran side, the church ladies usually put on a spread.

I hope that your SIL is OK Mooooooooom.

It sprinkled on the way to irk this morning, but the clouds opened up and the wind went crazy about the time I pulled into the parking lot. I got drenched, even carrying an umbrella going in. There were tornadoes north of here and we’re getting the beginning of round 3 right now. Line 'em up Noah, one more time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Howdy Y’all. Molly got a great send off today. Though it was a sad occasion, many wonderful memories of her were shared. The funeral home chapel was pretty packed. That part made both of us a little uneasy, but we were masked and have been vaccinated. Everyone else was masked as well. As far as goin’ to the Mexican place afterward, that did not happen. Instead, we got waylaid by her step daughter as we were leavin’ and told to go across the road to where the family was gatherin’. Our mutual friend Billy bbqed a bunch of chikin, as he is wont to do and famous for, and there was a ton of other foodstuffs. Not bein’ one to turn down Billy’s bbq, we went and were well fed. Molly’s husband and daughters (she has four daughters, plus the step daughter) told me they had told Jennifer (the step daughter) to grab us and tell us to come over, which made it even more special. Anywho, much food and a good time was had by all. It was a family gatherin’ right up Molly’s alley!

MOOOOOOM here’s hopin; for good news about the SIL!

Nellie the cookies sound perfect to me. Any homemade cookie (bizkit for our UK friends) is a good cookie, IMHO.

‘Tis rainy and a little stormy out. Should make for good sleepin’ weather.

Just heard from my daughter - he’s been on an IV and he seems to be better. They’re discharging him with a referral to a cardiologist. I’m wondering if extreme dehydration could have caused his symptoms. Yeah, like I have any medical qualifications! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, they ran tests twice and nothing was obvious. So she’s on her way to pick him up.

Roxy is in bed - I had to take the night light from the hallway and put it in her room - she freaked out - it was pretty dark in there. But I calmed her down and covered her with her favorite pink blanket. Here’s hoping she’s out now.

FCD is heading back, and I expect to be right behind him, once I’m sure the kid is asleep. I’m exhausted!

I use spiral thingies that are easy to get on & off, but - unlike a velcro tab - corral the wires for a length of several inches, rather than a single point.

If you want the cords up off the floor (perhaps you dust and/or vacuum and/or mop your floors, like I should!) then either the velcro strap mentioned upthread, or the spiral thingies, are easy to hook onto a small, strategically placed nail or screw as needed.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LML86YM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_1XN4RD875EMEFN4WKK56?psc=1

I’m not gonna crack a joke. That’s scary shit, and I hope things get smoother for your family ASAP. Sending good vibes out for your SIL and his terrified wife (your daughter).

So go to bed. Your body is telling you it needs extra rest.

It’s okay to lie still but awake for a while, listening to music or guided meditation or the pitter-patter of rain or white noise. (It’s also okay to do that in the middle of the night, if you wake up because you “went to bed too early.”) It’s still letting your eyes rest, your neck rest from holding up your head, etc.

{ sings Nellie a soft lullaby }

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 66 Amurrkin out and rainy with a predicted high of 81 and possible rain/tstorms/apocalypse for the day mostly in the afternoon. We shall see. Today we procure comestibles and I must betake myself over to the church house to deal with some church janitor Junior Warden duties. Sup shall be boxed lasagna (don’t judge!), sallit, and cheesey garlic bread.

MOOOOOM yay for SIL gettin’ sprung from the horsepistol. Hopefully this was just a one off thing and he’s feelin’ much better today. Scary stuff still. Hope the RoxStar had a good night.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, woe, and bother of bothers, I suppose I shall purtify and once again don appropriate bein’ about the public attire. This will be four days in a row. I am retired and this is just unfair that I have had to make myself presentable this many days in a row. Life is so unfair!

Happy Hump Day Y’all!