Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off to Heave I Go - An Early MMP

Glad your cat is feeling better unknown. Here’s hoping that she gets a clean bill of health from the vet.

Just WOW, butters! You’ve been busy.

{{{lissla}}}

Irked, it stormed this morning before the temp dropped like a rock, came home, walked Nelson and et. Like seanette, my back and hips are sore (combo of existing issues and doing some lifting that I shouldn’t have this morning).

I called the dealership to let them know that Android Auto still isn’t fixed. I’ll take it back AGAIN this Friday to get a radio reset.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

I’m posting in the new MMP on the first day? Who am I, and what have I done with Misnomer?!?

My Christmas shopping is done! :tada: BFF #1 is getting the aforementioned beading tips book, three bars of dairy-free chocolate (:crossed_fingers:), and a personal fire pit that runs on rubbing alcohol. She and the hubby have a regular wood-burning fire pit that they sometimes use in their (large) driveway, but I figure this is something she could use out on their deck on cool evenings. She likely won’t try it until early spring; I hope it works as advertised when the time comes. I’m taking big chances with that and the chocolate!

I also ordered holiday cards and stamps, both of which should arrive by next week. I wasn’t sure if I’d be up for sending cards this year, but I am…and, luckily, I can afford to pay for expedited shipping. :wink:

I should have mentioned before that I got her a TON of beading/jewelry stuff for her birthday in August! I buy that stuff for her all of the time. I want to do something different for Christmas. :slight_smile:

Tomorrow morning is my first post-op appointment: I’m excited to get the green light for fat-free yogurt and sugar-free pudding! Food that requires plates and forks is only a week away now!!

:blue_heart:

For just a second, I thought this was the neighborhood my in-laws live in, but they’re in Marion Landing. It threw me because I know fenced yards are not permitted there. But I think Marion Oaks is across SR 200. Good luck!!

You can vent here. It’s a safe place! Hugs to you and yours!!

I’ll have to see if my library has it. Thanks!

We got the survey on the boat, and it was pretty amazing. The vast majority of the “issues” were cosmetic or very minor. I think we asked the seller to take care of 8 things - like the galley exhaust fan and the fuel sight gauges and ($$$) the teak work. We’ll see what he says and what we’re willing to negotiate. But I’m pretty sure we’re going to take it anyway. The surveyor’s estimated value is about $15K over what we’re paying, so I’d say we’re getting a deal.

SIL’s surgery had to be rescheduled. When they added Tobias to their insurance, for some reason, they removed SIL. He’s covered, but until the doc can confirm it, they won’t set a date. So that sucks.

And FCD spent a good long time at PT - they said he needs to strengthen several muscles on his left leg and he’s got some exercises. Plus he’s scheduled the PT for January, post surgery. So that’s moving along.

Time for chillage.

If you freeze your yogurt and pudding, you can tip it out on a plate and eat it with a knife and fork. My WAG is due to me thinking it would be the same food no matter what, but you probably should check with your doctor first cause I’ve never even played one in a high school play.

VBC just got really mad at George and chased him under the dresser. Poor Gormless guy doesn’t understand that she doesn’t feel well. I can’t really split them up because VBC will come looking for GG and cry at the door until we open it. And then chase him under the dresser again. Hopefully the vet will have some answers, ain’t nobody happy round here lately.

I appreciate the creativity, but I have zero interest in using a knife and fork on anything frozen. :slight_smile: I’m fine with waiting another week!

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave.

{{{{hugs}}}} and then some

Yes.

That will cover a good chunk of stuff. And you don’t have to worry about “channels” and “air dates” :slight_smile:

Howdy Y’all! :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: It’s a rainy night in Jawja, a rainy, rainy night in Jawja… :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: Been a nice day here. Did the Sam;s run (a chawklit cake leaped into my cart), and then spent the rest of the day in sloth except for the makin’ of, chowin’ down on and clean up afterwards of sup.

{{{LiLi}}} you are allowed to vent here, just so you know.

Evening all. Managed to avoid nappage and had a Culver’s Butterburger for dinner (it’s not a bad sammich, but their fries are dry and not favorful, so may give them a pass in the future). Rain has stopped but tomorrow is only supposed to get to 51F, so cooling down some. Still haven’t put the dishes away from the dishwasher, probably do that when I take the dirty dishes to the kitchen tonight.

LiLi, vent as you will…this place is pretty good for venting. Take care.

Seanette, hope the sales and planning go well; it’s a headache but once done hopefully you won’t have to face in again for a couple of decades.

Oopsie, looking forward to your report on your first plate-n-silverware dinner. And glad Xmas shopping is done, I am waiting for the mail/UPS deliveries later this week.

FCM, sounds like you picked a pretty good boat. As for boat names, this just popped into my head: Starship Groupers (I’m an old SF fan).

To be honest, while I have heard of Neosporin, I don’t think I’ve ever used it, so I might have been like that employee (and I have grey hair–such as it is).

Dicey, good luck on the homeward bound trip. Hope it’s not too much an Incredible Journey…

OK, best get the dishes put away while I’m thinking about it. All y’all take care.

It’s better than nothing at all…

LiLi Vent away. This is a safe spot.

swampy :musical_note:Can’t stand the rain, 'gainst my window.

doggio Good god, man, going to work at 7:30 pm. I couldn’t do that shift. Hope no more package avalanches befall you.

So I’ve got a poser. My…ex sister in law. my brother’s ex wife, with whom my parents have kept up a very healthy relationship, yanno for the kids, apparently asked my folks what I would like for christmas. Now even back when they were married, she never really liked me, I always got the impression she thought I was a bad person. I didn’t particularly like her either, we just are on different wavelengths. She’s a hard driving vet, I’m a laid back guy who makes weird stuff.

So WTF do I say I’d like for x-mas? I don’t really want/need anything. And what should I get for the niece and nephew, as the scofflaw uncle? 17 and 15 years old.

Confusing me with nellie again, silly rodent? :wink:

Find the hidden cat.

This is an amazing place to vent! Hugs to you.

Overlygirl has tested negative for The Dread Disease, thankfully. Of course a negative doesn’t rid her of the gunk she does have but I guess it’s the gunk we know and love instead of newer, more awful gunk…right? I don’t know what I just typed. I’m tired and my head hurts.

Seanette

Nope, confused you with Butters this time; will confuse you with nellie later this month…

LOL. At your convenience. :wink:

Found, and tried to boop the nose (doesn’t work too well with a computer screen in the way). :slight_smile:

Folded laundry. Took out trash. Talked to OCD nephew. Talked with my brother. Worked out. Sooooo mundane and pointless.

shoe, what a great photo!

VanGo, why not suggest a donation in your name to some charity you support?

Ooh. nellie that’s a great idea! ASPCA it is. ta.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 58 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 64 with off and on rain mostly this afternoon/evenin’. No real big plans for the day. I know you all are just shocked! Bug man will be hear at eight this mornin’ to do his monthly thang. We have decided to do the geezer late N.O,L./early sup at the hog trough GC.

wordy glad overlygirl tested negative Hope she feels better soonest.

shoe I see Nikki!

Butters hope the sale goes well and you find suitable new digs.

Dicey, BooFae etal hope your plans for holiday travels work out.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Is there a special snack or beverage that you don’t typically indulge in for yourself? (Tho nellie’s suggestion is excellent!) As for the kids - a gift certificate to a tattoo parlor! :open_mouth:

:rofl:

Apologies to all for blathering on about the boat, but… It looks like the seller’s gonna knock the price down by $5K to cover the repairs that we want done. Then we’ll decide what we’ll have done and what we’ll do ourselves. Since we’re all retired and stuff, the DIY stuff won’t fill our weekends - we can go do what we want when we want. So now it’s just a matter of moving some money around, since it’s spread over 2 credit unions and 3 accounts. Yep, we’re all high-finance 'n stuff…

:money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Which is why I’ll be going to WalMart today for cat food. And setting up the automatic payments for our recently acquired HVAC so we don’t lose the 18-month-no-interest deal. Yep, high finance, by golly!

I’ve also got to drop off some turkey at my daughter’s - she’s making soup and she didn’t have quite enough left over. So I’ll get a little snuggle time with the newest spawn. And that’s not just goofy grandmotherly stuff - I figure since he’ll be staying with me starting next month, he needs to know me and my voice and whatever else babbies use to identify family when they’re that young. This is what they see as they develop, if you’re interested.

And so, Happy Tuesday!