How hot is it-and discourse doesn't like the title so here are some more words that I can share

My God, I would perish! I fear it’s getting worse. I read an article yesterday about increasing heat out there. Lake Mead is down to 36% of its capacity. What is to become of that region?

4:45am and already 63F in Sacramento. Projected high today is 110F. DO NOT WANT,

Looks like more of the same next week after storms roll through on Tuesday.

Heat index 105. Temp 103. I ain’t sticking my head out of the door. Nebraska.

2:10 and 104F. Despite knowing that I shouldn’t, I have a sprinkler going in the clover patch. Its not really for the clover, its for the birds. The hummers fly through it and the little brown birds hop around under it.

Not sure of the actual number, but 100 is forecast. About 8% humidity. I’m worried the dogs will burst into flame if I let them out.

Dallas, TX. 4:29 PM, 17 June 2021.

97F with a humidity of 27% according to my weather gizmo on the back porch, which tracks fairy closely with the NWS readings.

It’s hot, but mostly in terms of the timing. Usually we have until the last week of June before it gets this hot, and the highs are usually in the 93-95 range right about now. I just hope this doesn’t mean that it’ll be crazy-hot come the first week of August when it’s traditionally the hottest.

At 3:20 it’s 102 degrees here. Might climb a degree or two more before it starts to back down. Staying inside with the A/C and keeping the lights off to reduce the load on the grid. Dinner is frozen dinners so that we don’t have to turn on the stove.

The computers stay on, of course!

If you really want to conserve, set the frozen dinners outside for a while. They’ll be good enough.

It was earlier 91 here near Santa Cruz and I don’t have air conditioning. That kind of bit. Now it’s actually 69F with a nice breeze.

You joke, but windshield food is a thing. I used to warm up my lunch in my windshield, if I put left over pizza out at 10, the cheese was all melty at 12.

One of the local TV stations once put a tray of cookie dough in a parked car in summer. Took longer, but they did get baked cookies.

5am and about 70F. Ick.

Same here. Usually, if we have the A/C on overnight, I turn it off as soon as I get up, and open a bunch of windows. Not this morning.

Probably unwise to mention it, but we’ve had a few nice June days in a row in central KY - upper 70s to around 80 for highs, lows down into the mid to upper 50s. And more such claimed for next week.

The figs and eggplant promise well, if we can avoid freak weather events like last year’s hailstorm…

Phoenix was 118 yesterday. It topped out at 107 here.

We are used to the heat out here, its not really that much of an issue when it cools down at night. We are getting more and more hot nights, which is killing trees and cactus.

72 degrees in Hilo Hawaii at 7:54am local time, or so Alexa just told me.

It topped 103 yesterday, and as of 1:20 p.m. today, it’s 100. I’m sure it’ll go up, as 3:45 p.m. is about the hottest time of the day.

They did that in Kansas City on Friday.

Could have done it here today and faster. Sacramento hit 110, according to the Windows 10 weather app.