I can't believe I'm the first one up MMP

It’s 0530. The sun isn’t shining, the birds aren’t singing. Time to go to work. And today is my Firday!:smiley:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 76 very steamy Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 88 and rain/tstorm/apocalypse this afternoon and evenin’. We shall see.

Speakin’ of rain, the grand finale for VBS Wednesday night of next week is supposed to be a pool party. A church member who lives near the church house and has a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice cee-mint pond, volunteered to host, the brave soul. Anywho, lookin’ out at the forecast for next week, we’re promised rain that day. The alternative is to have a cook out and game night at the church house which is what happened last year. Maybe rain, rain will go away.

MOOOOOOM glad FIL’s surgery went well!

Rockin’ yay for lightbulb change! How many women does it take to change a lightbulb? One, but she’ll change the wrong bulb. :stuck_out_tongue: At least you’ll have two shiny, new brake lights.

doggio yikes! Glad you survived goin’ to and from irk.

Now I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence. Le sigh.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Boy, did we get a toad-soaker yesterday evening! The wind was wild - our living room windows are under a porch roof that extends at least 6’ from the house - but they got rain blown on them. Then when I let Higgs out at 10, we had a nice, steady shower falling. No idea how long that lasted, but when I got up this morning, the driveway was well on its way to drying and the big puddle was about half its monster size.

I decided to do a load of towels before everyone returns. Imagine my delight to see the flood in my studio. At first, I thought it might have been because of the storm, but then I saw the wet vac and the fans in there. *Someone *had a major spill and didn’t think I needed to know. So I got to spend the better part of an hour sucking up puddles of water, including quite a bit that kept seeping from under the furnace. We had 3 duffel bags stored in the corner - they’re all wet, as is a hunk of foam. The furnace filter wicked water up about 6". The OSB wall boards in a couple of places are swollen - I’ll need to spray something on them to keep black mold from forming. That’s not the way I wanted to start my day.

Now I’m showered, dressed, and almost breakfasted - egg salad sammich. Shortly, I will go back downstairs and toss the towels in the dryer. There’s a chance of more rain this morning and it’ll be easier to use the dryer than to run out, take them off the line, and toss them into the dryer anyway. I was going to work in my studio today, but now I don’t know.

I need to go buy bread, and it turns out the half-dozen furnace filters I bought were the wrong size. I don’t know why I did that - I know what size I need, but I bought the wrong ones. And I don’t remember where I got them, plus I certainly don’t have a receipt. Anyway, I need furnace filters, too. This is not starting out as a very good day.

Yeah, yeah, happy Tuesday. Bite me. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sean_Factotum, post:10, topic:693059”]

Hey Jynx, how did you make out last week with the big wind at the Oceanfront? Not in your neighborhood I hope.
QUOTE]

It was a non-event here in Cheasapeake hope you didn’t blow away either!:smiley:

I did almost have to canoe home on Thursday. I walked out of my office, which is across the way from the airport in Norfolk, and noticed that the water was even with the side walk and the bottom of my car!:eek: It was raining so much that the sewers couldnt handle it. I had to take off my shoes and socks, roll up my pants and wade out. Driving down the street was scary!

Mystery solved - it wasn’t an aquarium flooding issue - it was a furnace chimney flooding issue. The cap we had on the furnace chimney blew off. For a regular rain shower, water isn’t an issue, but for these toad-soakers we’ve been having, the water backs down the duct into the furnace. So when FCD gets back, he’ll put a cap up there.

Meanwhile, it looks like they’ll leave directly from Duke and head to Ocala today. So I’ll pack up their stuff, pack for me and Higgs plus a change of clothes for FCD, and I’ll go down there tomorrow. Then we’ll come back on Thurs, I hope.

Today’s plans have all changed…

I’m supposed to do stuff today but it’s rainy, so I’ll get soaked. I’ll figure out stuff to do anyway, I’m sure.

sniff
You’d thing a person would check if it was saltwater before blaming “Someone”.
sniff

Could have been worse. He could have forgotten to use a coaster.

i haz a blurf

There is also a source of fresh water in the area of the sump, seein’s as how it was the bathtub and all. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just packed all the inlaws’ stuff in the trunk. I’ve got to run to the Amish market in a bit for some corn and 'maters. I need to pack a change of clothes for **FCD **since he only took a change of unders with him yesterday. And I have to pack for me and Higglet. And put out an extra cat box in case we’re delayed. And dump ice from the ice maker into a bag so I can make more ice for the drive - can’t have the fresh corn getting overheated and icky…

I am *sooooooooo *not looking forward to this. I hate driving. I hate I-95. I hate Florida.

<sigh>

I thought you lived in Virginia Beach. I’m in Chesapeake too, in Deep Creek.

Harley Davidson requires a very large coaster, at that.

Happy Toosday!

or not

It’s a sunny 74 degrees, I’ll have to close my window soon as it’s supposed to get up to 86 today.

Today is laundry day, pizza day is being postponed until Thorsday this week. I don’t want to eat a bunch of heavy stuff before tomorrow.

I was supposed to drive out to Hagerstown today to put in the offer but the realtor is not well so everything will go through email. I hope. If not then I will print out everything and drive it out there anyway.

I don’t know, I never know what I am doing until I start doing it.

**Doggio ** I’m glad you survived your commute.

FCM I hope it all comes together for you. Have a safe trip.

Blurf.

I seem to be not waking up very easily lately- I think it’s the antihistamines. Ver’ blurfy.

I should be thinkin’ about getting ready to go away on firday- the tent needs putting up and a bit fixing, I need to make sure all the clothes 'n stuff I’m bringing is washed and dry, and it’s all hot and I can’t be bothered to do any of it.

Anyone got a giveadammer I can borrow?

Just back from the Amish market with corn and 'maters per MIL’s request. I dumped most of the ice from the ice bin into a bag so the ice maker will make more ice. :smiley: I’m going to take a sammich with me tomorrow and make a bottle of lemonade for the road. I’ll stop for a breakfast biscuit, but after that, it’ll just be potty stops and gas stops between here and there. If all goes well, I can get there in under 13 hours.

rah. I hate driving - have I ever mentioned that?

MOOOOOOM that better be a big sammich cause you’ll have to share with Higgs. I’m sure her rule is if MOOOOOOOOOM eats, then Higgs eats. :smiley:

ugh. They are pruning the trees in the (yard? park? lawn?) between the buildings. Noisy noisy noisy!! The pruning noises were bad enough - now the wood chipper is going. So, fine. The humidity didn’t give me enough of a headache to make me cry out in pain. Thanks, tree guys.

Well, yes, but if have anyone, er, anything to dispose of, this would be a great chance.

too bad you’re just out of arm’s reach, flytrap.

You’ve confused me with my spousal unit. I’m the mean one who doesn’t give the dog table scraps or chips and I won’t let her lick dishes or bowls. I came close to smacking MIL for giving the dog a slice of lunch meat when we were making sammiches. If she wants to let her dog get fat (and all of her dogs have) that’s her business. But pugs have enough health issues without adding obesity to the list. grrrrrrrrrrr

However, I’m not heartless. I will take doggie cookies with me so she can nosh along the way.