Lost 5.4 "The Little Prince"

It’s Wednesday, so it’s LOST night! Let’s see if I can do this thing.

Thread rules:

From the on-line description for tonight’s episode:

The Little Prince
Kate learns that someone knows the secret of Aaron’s parentage; the dramatic shifts through time endanger the remaining island survivors.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 4 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread index for Season 5 episodes 1-2 3

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

Comments? Questions? Care for a mint?

Looks like the focus is on Aaron tonight and therefore I’m guessing this is a Kate episode. On the posative side, I’m expecting some nifty time travel stuff. And maybe some stuff with Mrs. Hawking.

Those with DVRs take note, the episode is scheduled to go two minutes over.

Is Aaron the Little Prince of the title? Or might we see Walt again? Charlie Hume is also a possibility.

Or maybe it’s the name of another hydrogen bomb. You never know with these guys.

The credits for this one intrigue me:

Guest starring are Rebecca Mader as Charlotte Lewis, Susan Duerden as Carole Littleton, Tom Irwin as Dan Norton, William Blanchett as Aaron, Emerson Brooks as Tony, Stephanie Niznik as Dr. Evelyn Ariza, Melissa Farman as young Frenchwoman, Guillaume Dabinpons as Frenchman #1, Marc Menard as Frenchman #2, Bruno Bruni as Frenchman #3 and Ane Tranetzki as bellman.

What’s with all the French folks? Rousseau related?

and thanks for starting the thread Trion.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please…

No problem.

As per the cast list, I think we can possibly conclude:

Claire’s mother is the one trying to get custody of Aaron from Kate. Do we think Jack or Ben tips off Mrs. Littelton so that Kate is on the run and has nowhere else to turn to but the island to keep her Little Prince?

Juliette: “James, go away.” heehee

HAHA!
Sawyer: “Thank you, Lord!”

time shift into storm

Sawyer: “I take that back!”

AW HELLS NAW BEN

Not your baby! Not your baby! Stop stealing the babies!

Ben’s up to his old manipulation tricks again. It’s his lawyer. He’s the one trying to take Aaron – I had a feeling that it might be him, as soon as Jack found out that Mrs. Littleton wasn’t the one.

It’s JIN!!!

Jin’s time shifting out at sea, and the just crashed French boat just found him.

I was right – see last week’s thread. Go me! Go me! Jin’s alive! It’s your birthday!

:::doing a little victory dance:::

We have Rousseau! Woo-Hoo!

Why didn’t Rousseau recognize Jin, like Richard would eventually recognize Locke? Or is that just part of being the CFL?

Yay for Jin! Yay for Rousseau!

Not a lot happened island-wise/mystery-wise this episode, but the next episode is set-up to be great.

Probably a combo of being crazy and being 16 years later. Besides, has Rousseau spent much time with Jin?

While I am worried about what will happen to Aaron with Ben, I love it when people (so far just Jack and Ben) point out to Kate that he isn’t her son. I can’t wait 'til Claire comes back in S6 and hopefully settles things once and for all.

So does Ben really want Aaron, or did he just do that to get Kate to be on the run?

One reason to want Aaron is he was born on the island. Wouldn’t he want Sun’s baby since it was concieved on the Island?

Anyone else on the frieghter who might be alve? Michael was probably too close to the explosion - don’t remember who else was on the deck.

Brian

Michael is definitely dead, they actually showed a commercial for his new show during this episode.

The only other people on the freighter were redshirts and some boaties.

Anyone already figure out the acronym from the side of Ben’s van? I’m sure it’s something. I tried to write the words down but they went by too quickly.

Shoot, I’d almost forgotten about Rousseau and the French folks. It’s been so long…

Yaaay! Jin! :slight_smile:

Booo scuffed up Jin!! :frowning:

Sayid - still the motherf’n man!