Lost 5.6 "316"

One meaning of Hajira (or Hijra or Hegira) is migration–most commonly, when Muhammed & his followers left Mecca for Medina.

This Wikipedia entry offers numerous definitions. Why settle for just one?

I thought that they were heading that way too, but it looks like they faked us out.

I spent most of the last half of the episode pissed off that no one seemed to make the VERY OBVIOUS leap that they were probably going to crash again, which meant that a whole slew of innocent redshirts were about to die for them. I almost cheered when it became obvious that Hurley, at least, had figured it out.

I found some of the character substitutions interesting. Jack was himself. Sayid was obviously taking Kate’s place as the person in custody. But it took me a little while to work out that Hurley was doing Charlie (with the guitar).

By the way, I’m pretty sure that it’s “Ajira”, not “Hajira”.

Hm. I wonder how literally this “character substitution” is going to be. Or more specifically, if Frank is the pilot this time, is the smoke monster going to go after him? I’d be pissed if he dies - like Merijeek noted, he’s one of the few characters that actually seems to put some thought into what’s happening.

My guess about how Hurley ended up on the plane is because Charlie told him. Hurley likes his conversations with dead people.

My thought about the plane was that after it went over the island the original 6 just time traveled to the island during a flash.That would mean the rest of the passengers stayed put. Of course this doesn’t explain why the pilot would not make it to Guam.

I want to know where the heck Aaron is. If the island somehow managed to get all the losties on the plane, why is he missing? If he is still in L.A. my guess would be that Kate slut left him with Claire’s mother

I think Charlie came to Hurley again and told him what was up, and told him to bring a guitar.

Frank is totally unrecognizable to me without the facial hair.

The problem with this is that nobody else seems to be moving in space: only time. So if the 6 are bound by the same rules, they would be left at some other time, 40,000 feet in the air without an airplane.

The island is constantly moving. That explains a lot, actually. I didn’t actually come prepared to process this much information all at once.

I think Walt should have been on the plane too. Just because.

and maybe Kate left Aaron with Desmond and Penny. We’ve got to keep them involved somehow.

I really don’t like this “Locke is so special” meme.

So, uh, what’s with the Kate=slut thing, guys?

That’s exactly what I thought too.

Well, she banged Sawyer on the island, and then Jack (maybe also on the island? Definitely off the island, including night before the plane trip) and she might very well be going back just to bang Sawyer some more.

So, now the gang will be stuck in Dharma times for a while, it seems. Looks like they’ve infiltrated the compound, and found various jobs (Jin driving the bus for whatever reason, and we know Faraday will end up working in the Orchid mine, cutting the way toward the Frozen Donkey Wheel.) What are they up to? And will they run into kid-Ben?

Jin Workman?

So if the island is always moving, Ben and Locke merely changed its vector?

“It’s work man, JumboTron!” :slight_smile:

I thought the same thing but then I remembered we’ve already met Roger “Work Man” who owned the skeleton found in the van - it was Ben’s dad.

However, if you mean that Jin will get a similar suit and patch (thus becoming Jin, Work Man), then my bad.

All I came in to say is:

Woo hoo - Said Taghmaoui!!

Love that guy. He’s too big a name to just be a random passenger, so I’m betting he ends up on the island too, for some reason. Or am I misremembering? Has he ever been on the show before in a flashback or something?

I’ve just started listening to the podcasts. Does anyone know why Carlton and Damon call the other surivors from Flight 815 “socks?” As in, “most of the socks got killed in the flaming arrow attack.”

So, she has sex with two guys over a 3 year span and that makes her a slut?

Why isn’t Sawyer a “slut” for having banged Kate and Ana Lucia?

This has to be a joke, right?

I recognized him from his role in Three Kings (where he played an Iraqi officer)…IMDB says this is first time on the show so I presume we’ll have to wait and find out his connection to the story next week. Looks like there is going to be a lot to cover in next week’s episode…(presuming we find out how everyone else got convinced to take the flight then).

Emptiest plane ever…why aren’t any of the planes I travel in that empty?

That’s what I said in post 44. Sometimes I feel so ignored.