Sunrise or sunset in the MMP?

Happy Saturday!

Cold 25 degrees outside.
No park this morning, I am hoping to get back out there tomorrow.
We have to go get groceries later. I am not looking forward to going out, but it has to be done.

Butters, sometimes a loss is better than the hassle.

Shoe, I hope everything comes together for you in a good way.

{{Anyone that wants one}} 'specially Shoe

I’m testing negative as of today, and as it’s over the day limit, I’m resuming cautious normal activity. I did chicken out on going to the pub tonight though.

It’s been a busy day, for me- had a zoo meeting (on teams, still not zoom), picked up shopping and did my washing with the uni’s stoopid system (see last month’s minirants). All of these were far more time consuming than they really should have been.
Normally we get a laundry service, but it doesn’t run out of term time, and the alternative system has the most ludicrous and frustrating payment service. The service starts up again on Monday, but I don’t get it returned until Thursday, and by then I’d be wearing a cocktail dress and lab coat, as the only clean items left.

I’m very hesitant to even mention this, in case I jinx it, but I have applied for A Thing- I applied a week ago, and it seems to be being progressed (I just heard from one of the references that he’s been contacted- which has not happened in any similar Things I have applied for, which vanished into the aether until I got a polite rejection some months later).They’ve been in touch with me as well, and it all sounds really exciting and promising- almost unrealistically so.

I would really rather like to do A Thing, if anyone feels like crossing digits.

George is very entertaining which almost makes up for the PITA factor. He’s held steady at 12.6 lbs for over a month while he grew his fur out but now he’s begging for more gooshy fud so his rations have been doubled. I expect he’s going to have another growth spurt shortly.

VBC likes to drag hand towels and stuffed toys around while giving off her fierce hunting cat cries. George has been going after the bath sheets but hasn’t quite got the hang of pulling them so there is a lot of thumping and rolling around and towel battles involved in getting a towel into the living room. I think he’s probably going to start going after blankets next.

As long as their plane doesn’t have any maskholes, being on a plane is actually fairly safe. Airport terminals make me all cringy, though.

Oh, poor baby. Do you have a good theory as to what he did? I hope that you will be able to successfully treat his Cushings, nobody’s happy when the pets aren’t happy.

Fingers crossed for the Thing :slight_smile: I’m glad you were able to get out and about, you were starting to sound a little stir-crazy. Not Jack Nicholson and the Shining stir-crazy, but maybe leaning in that direction…

bumba Best wishes and skritches to both Gibbs and Vinnie.

shoe Gather the pieces and smoke 'em. You got this.

nut Crossing various fingers and things for your Thing.

And hugs etc for everyone else who needs them.

Still hasn’t gotten above 5 degrees here, so I think the not leaving the house plan is still in order. I did get an invite to a watch the tackleball at a local bar. I’m friends with the owner, been a regular there for years, but A. I’m still not sure about going out in public, B. I’m still not entirely over Cinnamon, and C. it’s a Bills fan bar and I’m a Pats fan and I don’t wanna deal with that. (I grew up in Maine, so I come by the patriots fandom honestly.)

My MIL actually realized they can’t go. She knows they wouldn’t be allowed in the hospital and they know they’d be a burden to my sister in law. But she still wants to be there.

And apparently BIL pulled out all his IVs last night and had a paranoid rant, then he didn’t recognize his wife today. I think he’s close to the end. Poor Danielle, having to deal with all this… It’s very sad.

Daughter just left with her spawn and peace reigns again. The pizza was yum! I don’t think we’re going to have much of a supper, which is fine. I just want to chill the evening away. Oh, and it’s still really cold out there.

Good luck - last I saw, you were in the snow band.

Everything I can cross is crossed. It makes for odd posture, but for you, I’ll deal with it! :wink:

OK, time to reclaim my recliner and indulge in some major chillage!

FCM, I’m so sorry about your BIL. What a sad, hard time for all of you. I know I missed some posts that explained more. I’ll have to go back and try to find them. How is FCD doing, physically and emotionally?

Nameless, I just read that the record size for a Maine coon cat is 48.5 inches. Do you think George has a shot at the record? I got a chuckle out of his struggles with the bath sheet.

Remember my whole IRS thing, where they thought I owed a whompin’ lot of money I really don’t owe? I was a panicky mess about it last August. They were supposed to reply within 90 days, which was up on November 30th. I just got a letter saying they need another 60 days. Should I charge them a penalty for lateness?

The InstaCart shopper I had today was weird and bad. He phoned to ask me to come out of my apt. so he could find me! He also griped loud and long because a) my complex doesn’t have the apt. numbers displayed on the buildings. It does; he was at the wrong entrance. b) There are two entrances to my building. c) He’d already taken the soda out of his car and now had to reload it and drive to the right entrance. Then he insisted I meet him at my door because, he said, his app said I’m supposed to. Creepy. (I didn’t open the door.)

{{{{Shoe}}}}
{{{{{all of you}}}} whether you need them or not. I missed you guys!

My theory is that he was sitting in Wifey’s recliner and saw someone (a person or a critter) go by on the sidewalk and launched himself off the chair towards the window, the better to express his displeasure, and landed wrong. It might even have been the mailmonster.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: Nut’s Thing :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

The trucks are unloaded. The wimmenfolk did most of it. I told them the reason the cardiologists want me to take things easier was because I had an ‘event’ last month when I was over here alone unloading a pickup load of stuffs. They believed me. My CRT-D (fancy pacemaker) ratted me out. It records everything my heart does ya know. It didn’t have to shock me, but it did correct (slow down) my heart rate. It really is a marvelous gadget. Everyone should have one.

That’s enough from me.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: Nut’s Thing :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Me too. Ya gotta admit, it’s funny to look at at first glance.

Howdy Y’all! We have been the sloths and ne’er do wells I said we would be. Fun. Still no rain but it’s on the way. The map shows it inchin’ closer and closer.

Nellie welcome back! Glad you made it back home safe and sound. That InstaCart shopper does sound weird.

Bumba hope Gibbs is OK soonest.

Nuts appropriate/inappropriate appendages crossed for A Thing.

Dare I hope? I took off the boot to ice my ankle and when I barefooted to the freezer it didn’t hurt as much but still a long way from well. I would rather have had a broken bone.

Glad they came to their senses Mooommm. I’m sure it’s absolutely disheartening not to be near your child but for their own safety it’s the smart thing to do. I know I dodged a big bullet and that makes me want to be even more careful. That poor lady is all alone across the street and all us neighbors have offered to do anything at all and she just wants to lay in bed. I know how she feels.

Bumba good luck with the limping critter and take care of your hands. Feet too. One does not know until they’ve been there how tough it is not to be able to walk normally.
Hugs to all.

Watching football. Best of luck Nut.

Damnit, ordered from the wrong store.
Weis always wants to send me to the closer store, even though it is in a horrible location where all the homeless and bums hang out.
Pisses me off.
And of course, I didn’t notice until I went to our usual store and they had no order for me.
One good thing about freezing temps, nobody hanging around trying to bum money from me.
I’m fucking old enough to be their gd mother, and they have the fucking nerve to approach me for money. Like I work my ass off so they can get drunk or high?
They should be ashamed, worthless low life pieces of shit.

All the park drama and me trying to hold it all together, and now it’s me that’s done.
I had a bit of a disagreement with someone, he said his piece. Okay.
But he won’t drop it, and he keeps making his little snarky remarks.
Well, he did it one too many times and I have had enough
So, you know what. he can just go fuck himself.
It didn’t help that another person joined in, so he can fuck right off too.
You can say your piece, you can agree to disagree, but when the name calling starts and you can’t let it drop
well fuck off
I’m done

Sunrise for me. Calm time, with the anticipation of the world awakening. Just listening to all of the small sounds that herald the stirring of life either going to sleep or waking up. Ah, those little sounds that are lost as the world becomes noisy. Even the smells are more natural at the break of dawn before the man made smells of commerce and industry overpower them. And of course the feeling of being alive and anticipating all of the activities that are to come.

Glad MIL saw the light Moooooooom.

I’m sorry for the loss of your childhood buddy hippy.

Yay on the negative test nut! Appendages crossed for the thing.

Skritches to Gibbs and Vinnie bumba.

I got the appraisal done, came home, took Nelson to the dog park and visited with the other human there. She gave me a good lead on another inventory job just as close to home that hires directly and offers good bennies. :slight_smile:

Zorba fixed supper (mixed grill salad). I met the new neighbor and his standard poodle, Zoe when we came home. He was unloading the truck, so nothing more than introductions, but he seemed OK.

I left the windshield wipers up on the car in preparation for the ice/snowstorm predicted for tonight.

He’s more worried about his folks at this point, his mom especially. He said she sounds exhausted and worn thin. And his dad is mostly confused, probably due to his Alzheimer’s. And we can’t do much of anything. On the plus side, we’ve discovered that the massager really helps the pain in his thigh, so we’ll jeep at it. Now, if only he could sleep…

Chillage gas been nice. Time to turn on the electric blanket to preheat the sheets. Then more chillage.

Oh no. What sad news.This all just feels endless. I hope his wife recovers.

Moommm I understand why they want to go. I can’t imagine having a child that sick and not being able to be with them.

I am crossing things for the Thing.

I think we’re all tired but generally doing ok. Hugs to everyone.

Here I thought I was the only one who did that!

Sahirrnee I don’t fully get what happened, but it sounds like 2 a-holes got in your face, so yeah, fuck-em.

Be well everyone.

Evening all. Another day of indoor soccer, interspersed with a Mickey D’s run (double cheeseburger, small fires, medium coke). Several kids missing due to COVID protocols, but we got all the games played and the kids had fun. Watched some tackleball but don’t have a great rooting interest in any of the teams playing today, given the weather for tomorrow is supposed to be rainy/snowy/miserable all day I suspect more tackleball with be watched then.

Just mass hugs {{{{{{ }}}}}} for everybody, sounds like this isn;t the greatest weekend, but we’ll persevere.

Nut, may A Thing become A Reality for you.

Sari, sorry the dog park drama reached such a crisis. The dogs seem to work things out better than the humans do…

OK, everyone take care and I’ll catch up tomorrow.

Heaved. I got sinuses or a cold or something. I did a test, at least it’s not the 'Rona(I think I erased Mrs. What’s her name from 2nd Grade with the poke, though.).

{{{{Butters}}}}

{{{{hippie}}}}

: crosses appropriate or inappropriate appendages for Nuts’ Thing :
(boy does that sound inappropriate. :smiley: )

{{{{nellie}}}}

{{{{bumba and [/b]Gibbs[/b]}}}}

Aww,
{{{{{{everyone}}}}}}

Take all the time you need, everyone recovers at their own speed.

Is that tip of tail to tip of nose? If so, GG is close already. He can easily stand high enough to rest his chin on the kitchen island (he’s not allowed to have feet on counters.) and his tail is longer than his back legs. I probably need to stop calling him a little jerkface cause he’s a BIG jerkface.

I do, and the same thing happened to mom so it was very good that you had shared your trauma with us, it helped unworry mom a little.

Oh man, those evil mailmonsters scare NotSoGoodCat under the bed every time. I’m glad you have a brave pooch to protect you. (That would explain the barking the hurty thing happened.)

Do NOT push it! I once fell and sprained my wrist and it took forever to heal because I was young and dumb and kept taking the brace off. Sprains are usually much worse than a clean break.

Well, heck. I’m so sorry that something so fun and important got ruined by a couple of jerks. I hope things improve soon.

Our friend wanted to get out of his reeking trailer today, so we went out for Mexican. The Margaritas were served in beer glasses which just seemed to take away much of the fancy drink part. The food was good if slow and the waitress was nice and smiley. Our friend is going to be a good distance away, but fairly close to our favorite Mexican place so visiting him will be a good excuse to eat in a place that serves Margaritas in proper fancy Margarita glasses.