Survivor: Gabon Finale 12/14/2008

Unable to stand any more of the reunion show when we got to Corrine reveling in the boos, who won the 100 grand and where are we going next?

Thanks

The 3 runners-up for the $100,000 were Matty, Bob & Sugar. Bob won. I wish it would have been Sugar.

I’m surprised at the outcome, really. I quite liked Bob, but Sugar played a hell of a game and shouldn’t have been completely shut out of the votes. This jury was a unique combination of pig-mean and stupid, weren’t they? But Sugar din’t seem to be trying very hard at the FC. My daughter thinks she was throwing it to Bob… I’m not so sure about that. Maybe she’s just lost the energy for the machinations and decided to let her game speak for itself. At the very least, Matty should have voted for her. Sure she voted against him for final 3; but she also kept him around for 2 challenges after he would have been history.

That Corrine! Randy’s just a sad, pathetic person, but I tend to agree with Jeff that Corinne is a genuinely horrible woman. I imagine the deprvations of the game (not to mention the editing) can alter one’s personality a bit, but she was clearly completely unremorseful. If I had ever said something to anyone as nasty as what she said to Sugar, I would never stop feeling crappy about it. I loved it when Sugar just calmly flipped her off.

And Corrine’s comment to Bob! What, pray, has Miss Corrine ever acheived to indicate that she has a better handle on ‘real life’ than Bob, a competent, likeable, respected educator with a doting family? To call Corrine a snobby, self-deuded bitch is to understate it so much that it is an offense to ordinary snobby, self-deluded bitches.

ETA: And it’s Brazil, next time. The deserty part, not the rainforest.

Thanks SkeptiJess, but I meant the fan award, or has that not been announced?

As I noted, this jury was majorly bittercakes, but Sugar really didn’t do herself any favors by pulling an Amanda. There are two ways to win in the final TC: Own your game or be the least objectionable person up there. If Sugar had owned her game, she might have won. “Yeah, I had a hand in ousting most of you. I had the HII since Day 6. I have been the major deciding factor in who was out for my tribe for most of this game. Are you going to vote based on the best gameplay or are you going to vote as Bitter Betties?” It’s a risk, but it’s a damn sight better than collapsing in on yourself under jury questioning and apologizing to damn near everyone for doing what everyone would have done to you if the situation were reversed.

The $100,000 IS the fan award.

Word.
How could anyone be so fucking nasty? And be proud of it! Bitch.

Bob won it.

Sorry, and thanks for clarifying. I always thought the runner-up got $100,000 also. Rereading for comprehension this time, I see it was Matty in the final three that SkeptiJess listed. Off for more coffee and a self-administered clue-by-four.

You’ll have to excuse Corrine. She mistakes immaturity for edginess.

Randy has the cold, dead eyes of a sociopath. What an unhappy man!

Bob is one of the most awesome winners ever. I imagine his school is going to give him one heck of a fabulous celebration party. That’s got to be the coolest teacher ever – the guy who won Survivor.

What does Susie teach? They listed her as a hairdresser.

I don’t think Sugar really did pull an Amanda. She didn’t own her game (which I agree is what she should have done); but she didn’t go out of her way to apologize and be ingratiating, either.

Several jury members gave her opening in which she could have said, “Yes, I did that. I did it for strategy and it worked because I’m here and you’re all there” –or– she could have said, “Gosh yes, I did do that and I feel just terrible about it and I hope you can forgive me, I just got carried away.”

But she didn’t say either of those things, she basically (and to practically every questions) said, “Yeah, whatever.” She didn’t even seem to be trying.

Yeah, her passivity in the final TC was striking – and disturbing. I don’t think she expected to get that far, and couldn’t deal with the possibility of winning – esp. the possibility of beating father figure Bob.

The runner-up in the game does get $100,000, I believe. And I hate it that Suzie got that while Sugar just gets the $25,000 or whatever third place wins. I would have felt a lot better about it if Sugar had at least gotten the $100,000 fan award.

On the other hand, this has got to be good PR for her – hopefully she’ll get some work out of it. She’s sure a pretty girl, isn’t she? Survivor has had some women who look terrible on the island, but clean up real well for the reunion; and they’ve had some who looked good on the island (Amanda and Stephanie, I thinking of here), but didn’t look so good in their real-life makeup and hair. Sugar looked cute on the island and is a knock-out in real-life.

Could be – that’s certainly my daughter’s take on it.

My thoughts:

• Bitter much? Sugar didn’t get ANY votes, when she clearly owned the game?

• Susie cleans up well. She looked good on the reunion show. Still shouldn’t have gotten any votes, but she did look good.

• Randy is pathetic and sad. Didn’t seem to be an act either

• Corrine, OTOH, did seem to be an act. Almost like she’s trying to set herself up as a female Jonny Fairplay. I would bet she tries to milk this into some sort of D list celebrity tour

• Sugar’s performance in tribal was oddly passive. Course, given the parade of bitter whiners she had to face I must just be like “Whatever” also. I’m still waiting for the TC where the final 3 say something like “We’re not answering any of your questions. You have to vote for one of us, and your mind is likely already made up, so we’re not going to listen to your venting”.

A pretty good season overall. I still think Sugar should’ve won, but Bob would’ve been my 2nd choice.

I think the same thing.

Cool. I hope she enjoys mud wrestling with Danny Bonaduce.

That almost makes it worse. It’s bad enough to be a hateful bitch because you really are one; but to act] like a hateful bitch to people in an effort to acheive the ‘fame’ and ‘success’ of Johnny Fairplay? I can’t fathom it and I definately have no respect whatsoever for it.

My end conclusion on Corrine is that she’s a rotten person. Frankly, being willing to hurt people by impersonating a rotten person makes you a rotten person, IMO.

I seem to have suddenly developed a nervous tic. Thanks, twickster

Corrine is the love child of Monica Geller and Omarosa. I so wanted to punch her bitchface during final TC. I didn’t even watch the reunion (after the winner was announced), but not necessarily because of her. I rarely watch the reunion.