The Happy Cheap Chocolate Day MMP

Morning all. Thanks for the reminders, I’ll remember now. Must have been concerned about it, didn’t sleep all that well and up at 2am to micturate, but stayed in until after 7am. Need to eat and drink before going (starved myself last time, and reading on it says I don’t have to). Rain isn’t expected until late tonight, so we may get a soccer practice in, but tomorrow’s games are still in question. Trying to get makeups planned in case of rain.

VanGo, congrats on ‘unclehood’. And good luck on city bureaucracy.

Boo Fae, good luck with the data integration…formatting is a real pain.

Shady, good deeds come around…nice haul.

doggio, it’s the simple things in life going right that gives us happiness.

Emily, great on the pianos!

FCM, good luck on the cake-making with Roxy and your Daughter’s question…hmmmmm.

OK, need to seek out nournishment. All y’all have a good Firday.

Next Thursday, Roxy and I will make her birthday cake. That means I’ll bake the cake and I’ll make the frosting and I’ll mostly assemble it, but she’ll get the container of sprinkles and a spoon! :rofl:

Very dreary out, and it drizzled a bit on the way home - I get to entertain the kid indoors today. And she no longer takes naps, so that adds a couple of hours to entertaining time. I might get brave and let her use her water colors for a while. We shall see.

Meanwhile, I’m waiting to hear back from the local stove-and-chimney cleaning folks. And I’m waiting on the email from Royal Caribbean so I can get my refund. Not only is it a bummer about the cruise being canceled, but it was going to be my chance to meet Butters. :cry: And the same cruise a month later would cost almost twice as much, plus we’d be traveling in the Caribbean in July - no, I don’t think so.

Yes, it’s so hard being me… :stuck_out_tongue:

Good morning, all. Up, caffinated (yay, Lent being over!), added 10 miles to my personal odometer, and fed.

Now to pretend to work for the next eight hours.

Yay, Friday! It’s supposed to be beautiful and almost 80 degrees today. I cannot wait. AND, I get jabbed tomorrow, so that’ll be…nice? It will definitely be a relief. Ooooh, if I think far enough ahead (i.e., tonight) I may be able to get a book curbside at Barnes & Noble on my way back.

I wish I’d planned a bit better this evening. My husband and son are going with a few of overlyboy’s friends to take advantage of a private theater rental my sister got us for Christmas. Overlygirl will be otherwise occupied with friends. It didn’t click with me that I could’ve had the house to myself for several freaking hours tonight until well after I’d suggested a night of true crime and steak with my mom. Oh, well - poor, poor me. I guess that’s a sacrifice I’ll just have to make. :slight_smile:

Now I’m wondering what’s for breakfast - I made tiramisu last night from scratch-ish (couldn’t be bothered to make lady fingers so I bought them). It wouldn’t be bad to eat tiramisu for breakfast. Right?!

Survivied work, and they only overloaded the belt little. Doing laundry.

Yay Uncle VanGo!

Metalmouse, don’t forget to do shots today.

You wacky Brits and your strange women lying in ponds and distributing swords. You should do what we do and < checks notes > have a minority of mouthbreathers elect Ea-nasir’s idiot offspring. :roll_eyes:

Back from the basement for some lunch. It’s still dreary outside, but with luck, Daughter and SIL will be back in a couple of hours.

Happy Firday, everyone! It’s sunny and 43º as I type this. I can’t even read weather forecasts now without hearing BooFae’s app in my head. (That’s a good thing.) Another 9-miler yesterday. 6 days until I can (hopefully) get Shot #2.

I’m also hoping to get a call from the optometrist at the eye clinic today. Despite my abysmal failure at the eye chart last week, I have reason to hope another whack at contact lenses might be fruitful. I called the other day and after a long hold was told the optometrist would review my file and decide whether or not to see me. Here I’d thought it was up to me. Maybe if I brought the broom of the Wicked Witch of the West…

Last night I dreamed I could drive again but was very confused by weird road markings. Suddenly the ex was driving the car (never bodes well) and we were headed toward a traffic circle. “It’s simple,” he said superciliously. “You just keep the circle center to the right of you.” That’s wrong, of course, at least here in the States, but luckily I woke up just then.

Moooom, if she didn’t explain why she wanted the old crib mattress, e.g., a yoga mat for the dog, it sounds promising to me. I hope you find out soon! Still hard to believe Roxie is about to turn 3.

VanGo, congrats! Such happy news! Boy or girl? Or am I not supposed to ask?

wordy, tiramisu is the perfect breakfast! You even get a little coffee in there. Plus I don’t think it’s cheating to use pre-made ladyfingers unless you’re on the Great British Bake-Off. Have fun with your mom tonight!

shady, always nice to hear when good deeds get rewarded with good deeds.

It’s got coffee in it, right? Sounds perfect. :slight_smile:

Congrats on being an uncle VanGo!

Mooommm I think you should interrogate your daughter soonest. Is she planning on leaving RoxStar with you for a week or is a new little one on the way?

My head hurts, so I foresee not a lot happening today. I would like a sound proof box to live in. The world is sooooo loud.

It’s a boy.

I’m actually a real uncle twice over too, but they live about 1000 miles away, plus my brother is divorced from their mom, so I don’t get much opportunity to uncle.

Any uncle-ing is good uncle-ing. Enjoy and then comeback and tell us about it.

Afternoon all. Second shot has been administered and as I said on Facebook, I am now Pfully Pfizered. Still a couple of weeks to let it kick in, but nice to have that particular ticket punched.

nellie, well, he was right on the circle if your dream was located in England, otherwise… and crossing fingers for good results at the optometrist.

talky, enjoy the night with Mom-unit.

I won’t interrogate. If she has something to tell me, she’ll do it her way in her own time. As for leaving RoxStar here - she’s got a futon/bed in her old room, so no crib mattress necessary.

FCD just informed me that we’re not going to FL. In the last 2 or 3 days, he’s had major issues with his knees, and yesterday, one gave out and he fell. Thankfully, today he’s using a cane. And he’s arranged with his aunt to go to FL early and take our place with his folks. And more surprising to me, he’s going to see a doctor about his knees. He’s got an appointment on Monday.

So I guess it’s a good thing that RCCL canceled our June cruise. He may well be getting new knee(s) about that time. Or something. It’s scary that it came up so suddenly. Getting old ain’t for sissies.

Meanwhile, the kid has gone home. I get her all week from now on, so I’ll need to come up with a routine. Household chores can’t be neglected, no matter how entertaining the kid is. At least when the weather’s nice, we can do playgrounds or play in the yard.

I wonder how much wine I have left in the fridge…

Howdy Y’all! Been a strangish weather day. I went over to the church house (no problem with the ice maker, I think somebody came and got ice, spilled ice on the floor, which melted and caused water to puddle) and just as I got back to da cave the bottom fell out of the sky big time. We had decided that perhaps we wouldn’t go to the hog trough Golden Corral this afternoon, but the rain stopped and Mr. Sun showed his face, so we went. Now 'tis all cloudy again and looks like more rain soon. At any rate, we are inside and dry so all is well.

Covid shot, first dose, went well. :slight_smile:

How much can she drink at one time?

Sorry to hear about FCD’s knees. It’s a fairly easy operation these day however.

Yay!

*oof* I’m stuffed like a demon.

We had Japanese food tonight. I had miso soup, three pieces of sashimi, almost half of my teriyaki chicken, two gyoza, more than half of my tempura, the smallest piece of Mrs. L.A’s California roll, Mrs. L.A.'s piece of broccoli tempura, and almost a pint and a half of Sapporo.

Also, I got my first shot of the Moderna vaccine.

Congrats on unclehood VanGo!

Yay on getting jabbed emily and metal mouse!

Mooooooom, it sounds like FCD is facing the inevitable. I hope that all goes well with repairs.

Irked, didn’t get to knock off early, took Nelson to the dog park and let the Captain fix supper. Now for chillage.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

We had a small yet powerful thunderstorm come through. But I missed the hail it dropped in The Quay.

Yay!

Congrats all who got jabbed!

Evening all. Rain moved through the area about 3pm, so I was sure the Parks folks were going to call off soccer practice. Turns out they fooled me and didn’t, so I had to scramble to tell the parents we were going to practice and ignore the raving lunatic who told them 5 minutes before that we wouldn’t. Worked out OK. Now awaiting the big rainfall that has been predicted, looking at the weather map it should be here about the time I try to get to sleep.

Arm is a bit sore, but that’s the only issue with my second shot. Treated myself to meatloaf at Logan’s Roadhouse for the occasion.

Good for you, Emily

FCM, agree with red, perhaps dealing with his parents stubborness has made FCD more likely not to follow in their footsteps. Hope it doesn’t require replacement.

OK, bedtime I think. If the weather Wizards confound me again, I have a pretty full soccer day tomorrow. All y’all take care.