Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

Seconded

Glad to see you back!

Welcome back, Martini!

Martini, nice to see you again. Hope that you’re back to stay–I always enjoyed your contributions.

???

He’s still a regular, posts several times a day at a guess.

Ah, cool. Too bad SoaT doesn’t post more in the only three fora that this rag-dawg is too lazy/slow to venture out of - Pit, CS and P+E.
Maybe the finest Constructor of Beautifully Flowing Sentences ever?

Another one who’s been gone for almost a year is @Der_Trihs

And @Cunctator has been gone for a long time. I hope he’s okay.

Not sure if he’s already been brought up: the sand-papery Drunky Smurf?
I recall a post where he basically just put all the cards on the table IRT some of his internal issues/demons, with substantial detail about a sort of catatonic(?) episode (something about being glued to the couch, or something?) he had recently had, then, that convinced me he wasn’t whooshing in any way. Quite the sobering read.
Last post about a year and a half ago.
Regardless of how his posting seemed generally regarded (myself in that camp, gotta say), hopefully he’s doing ok.

@PlaceboTarget has been MIA since November. They were very active throughtout the US election, and started the caption game in Thread Games, but nothing since November.

I wondered about that too, and somewhere upthread, asked the same question. Another Doper who knew him, PM’d me. I won’t go into details, but generally, he had a lot going on in real life, and he was just taking some time off from here. The impression I got was that he plans to be back at some time, but cannot say when. I hope he comes back too; he was an enthusiastic participant in many Thread Games.

I’ve wondered about his absence too. Hope he returns soon.

Thanks everyone! Might have to go and find some threads to contribute to now :smiley:

@Ambivalid could be quite insightful.

He’s here. Goes by @Scotty_the_Kid now.

I miss @Jragon

Wow, I had no idea. Good to know.

Thought of another one: @Mona_Lisa_Simpson. Does anybody know anything about her?

For some reason I thought about @Ravenman the other day from some threads about politics and government I’d been involved in back in the day. It looks like he was a prolific poster up until May of last year, then suddenly nothing. The last thread he was involved in was a pretty heated exchange regarding military flyovers of all things.

For some reason I was just thinking about how long it’s been since @iampunha ran naked through a thread.

Probably north of a decade. It held a certain appeal long ago, but ::shrugs::.

I learned several time units ago that I’m bad at doing things only a little. Ten thousand posts in six years (June 2000-2006ish, with deeply sporadic activity after) show how I can get into things. And I needed those things for some time. But times change, and now I’m fighting ignorance in other places. The big place is a publishing critique group I run; I’m teaching a workshop on some aspects of that work next year.

Anyway, have a nice day :slight_smile: ::waves goodbye, then disappears::

I also miss @Leaffan I was hoping he’d come back after the US election, but haven’t seen him.