Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

There was a poster who, IIRC, lived in Trinidad and would often post hilarious anecdotes about culture clashes and village goings on, but I think he was banned. I vaguely remember that he was a weird poster, but some of those Trinidad stories were hilarious - and what I remember most is how self deprecating he was, often without even realizing it.

@Campion just stopped posting, so far as I know. Too bad. She was smart and witty.

I forget their name, but they had posted in some fascinating medical conversations, including a very detailed post providing a step-by-step description of the death process for most execution methods. Morbid as all get out, but was quite the eye opener for people on both sides of a capital punishment debate.

That was Grude. The story I heard was that he was a sock puppet.

I just checked, and you’re right - Shagnasty hasn’t posted here in over a year. I thought he was quite OTT, especially WRT some of his sexual escapades, but who knows.

OTT?

[More characters inserted purely to keep Discourse happy in its insistence that a minimum number of electrons must be bent out of shape by each post.]

Over the top. But I can apppreciate OTT.

Thank you.

And WRT means “with regards to.”

Yes, I understood that, so I didn’t need to ask.

I understand. Someone else might have needed to know, which was why I clarified it.

I was thinking about Sue Duhnym the other day. A lovely poster, but unfortunately it’s a rather graphic story involving the term “duck lips” that most sticks in my memory of her.

Another who’s been gone for over a year is @Captain_Amazing . Hope he’s okay.

I don’t think I’m breaking any secrets here but samclem just stopped posting one day while he was still a mod. He didn’t reply to PMs nor did he return any emails sent to him. Apparently nobody knew how to contact him in real life so…

I forget her name also, but if we are thinking of the same person, some posters decided she wasn’t really a coroner and gave her enough pushback that she stopped posting.

Was it gabriela?

That’s the one. I was stuck on the letter “C” for her name, and kept drawing a blank.

I wonder if Marley ever wrote that book.

I don’t have any personal info on samclem, but his real life name is pretty easy to obtain. I couldn’t find a death notice for him, and all indications are that he’s still alive. He does have a facebook page with nothing on it, and just a handful of friends, mostly family. His (ex?) wife’s page is pretty active, and so are his children’s, so if anyone wants to send them a message. (Obviously I can’t post those contacts here, but if I can find them, I think anyone can.)

I wish @Bone would come back. I always enjoyed his posts.

I just thought of Rachelellogram while posting on our recent board about bariatric surgery, which I know she’d had. Last time she posted, she was not doing well. :frowning: