Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

I prefer to see the comments of the boards lawyers on topics of law. I find learning about what the law actually is and how it applies to be much more interesting than yet another post about how the world should work.

Which is also why I miss Bone he wasn’t a lawyer (that I remember) but he was incredibly knowledgeable about gun and gun law and I found his discussions on the Supreme Court cases each year very interesting.

Yeah, that’s the name that immediately came to mind.

RueDeDay is the first who came to mind for me, tho we are friends on FB.

There are a few others I miss because of that damned mortality stuff taking them away from here. :cry:

Yeah. I still miss Polycarp, who passed away in 2013.

Where’s @Gatopescado?

@umkay. What ever happened to her?

His profile says he last posted two days ago, so he made the transition to the new boards, at least.

She last posted eight years ago, and her user name shows as banned. The BBQ Pit thread link in her “Ask the Girl in a Wheelchair” thread doesn’t work anymore (as it points to the old board), but based on reactions in that thread, it sounds like Dopers came to believe that she was lying about her personal life.

That would be a whooshing sound, Obi-wan.

facepalm I didn’t recall the name, nor the original story. My apologies.

Me, too. He sent me a very warm and complimentary PM on the occasion of my first anniversary on the SDMB. He was one of the good, thoughtful ones.

I miss @Bone, too, despite the fact that we disagreed on practically everything politically. I thought he was a valuable and well-informed poster (even if on the wrong side of everything, IMHO, especially guns) and a very fair-minded moderator, and I publicly said as much. He also worked hard to rewrite and clarify the rules and help make the board a better place.

No worries. I assume you must have been inactive at the time or something, because it was a huge kerfuffle for months.

Thought I saw Ukulele_Ike in here in recent days. In Cafe Society. Maybe I was looking at a zombie-ish thread without realizing it?

Last activity June 18th on the old boards.

Me too. I wasn’t close to him, but I’ve always appreciated his wisdom about music from his inside view and miss him much. I even wrote him a PM moaning his leaving, and he answered very kindly and explained his reasons, which I totally understand. I still hope he comes back some time.

This is turning into a thread about people we miss, so I’ll post:

peekercpa

The most fun mafia player and the most fun poster.

Dave’s not here, Man!

how does he do that?

Skald the Rhymer? I haven’t seen him here lately either, although maybe we don’t post on the same threads.

Isn’t he blind? I’d hate to try and navigate the endless scroll with the stuff he has to use to get the threads/posts read outloud.
Seems unwelcoming in the least.