Who's missing that you really want to see on the Board?

I, too, miss Stranger, the most knowledgeable person in the Quarantine Zone. I hope he comes back.

I also miss Spiceweasle and John Mace. And I know we’re supposed to stick to people who drifted away, but I miss Kopek (Rubles), who drifted out of life.

Id nominate DSeid because he is an actual MD. But SoaT posts like he is the most knowledgeable poster there.

The Grapist

Oh, so many.

Eve
MeanOldLady
Sampiro
Spice Weasel
Evensven
WhyNot
Rue De Day
ShirleyUjest
Marley23
AuntieEm
Speaker For the Dead
DoctorJ and his SO (I think she was CrazyCatLady)
Anamika
I miss Polycarp too, but of course nothing to be done about that …

(and StGermain - Chief Scott died back in 2013, I am sorry to say. I enjoyed his threads too).

I did notice a couple of replies from joyfool since the boards moved and I hope that means she’ll be back.

Hi Opal! would have made an appropriate third name on that list. (In memoriam.)

Joyfool stopped posting abruptly both here and on GB at around the same time, so I wondered if she had died! I liked her and am glad to see she didn’t.

Who was the poster who said s/he (IIRC, it was a she) was in the hospital with chest pains and other serious symptoms, and we never heard from them again?

TubaDiva.
:cry:

Beat me to it, Czarcasm.

:cry:

I just saw the other thread about this. That’s horrible :frowning:

I’m truly devastated. I liked Tuba so much.

RIP, Tubadiva.

Yeah, I miss Skald – though I understand how difficult it is for him to visit.

I joined the Dope in order to post some esoteric quip in response to one of Cecil’s columns; I stayed because it was fun to see Skald’s hypotheticals and contribute an opinion.

I think he dropped in on the old board about a week before the TubaDiva Migration and posted another hypothetical to consider. It’ll be nice if he can manage to follow us over here.

–G!

Chiroptera

And TubaDiva…

Ginger of the North

Now I am awash in melancholia.

OpalCat

I met Ginger once or twice. In a weird twist of fate, her mother was my legal assistant, when I started my law practice. Ginger stopped by the office once or twice, as I recall, and I met her then.

I’ll add Fishbicycle. A radio host for maybe forty years, there was no bit of music trivia you could trip him up on. We haven’t seen him on the SDMB in over ten years, and likely won’t (he and I had some communication off-board, and he decided to let the SDMB go), but he knew his pop and rock music.

At the top of my long list:

Eve
Polycarp
John Mace
TubaDiva

Shit, has Vinyl Turnip gone? Funniest one-liners ever. The board would be a much poorer place without them.

I see @VinylTurnip is on GB.

Okay. I getting concerned about @dropzone.
He came over to the new board. But hasn’t posted much.
I havn’t had any email or phone contact for several days.
I emailed him about @TubaDiva.
He was friends with her.

I’m worried.