Lost 2.19: "S.O.S."

First, the thread rules:

OK, folks, enjoy this episode because we go on hiatus for 2 weeks after this. The next episode will show on May 3. I believe we then go straight thru to the season finale.

Romance blooms on the island, but who would’ve thought Hurley would be the beneficiary? Of course, it may not really be romance, and even if it is it may have nefarious undertones. So goes life on The Island.

What new surprises will our latest guest, Henry Gale, have for us this week? Will he finally make his way back to The Others? I suspect that Jack will be in for a surprise when he tries to confront Zeke and make a trade. Maybe Henry Gale will already be back with The Others by then.

From the ABC “Lost” website:

“S.O.S.” Rose is surprisingly and vehemently opposed to Bernard’s plan to create an S.O.S. signal; romantic sparks are rekindled between Jack and Kate when they trek into the jungle to propose a “trade” with “The Others”; and Locke begins to question his faith in the island…

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 1

Official “Lost” Questions Thread, Season 2

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Yay! Again, a night of Amazing (Race) Lost TV.
Too bad we get repeats for two weeks after this.

If it’s any consolation, “Invasion” comes back next week at 10PM. I’ve enjoyed that show.

AAARGH! Can’t watch it tonight because of the Seder.

Have to catch it on Itunes on Saturday night.

Zev Steinhardt

And everybody comes to Sawyer seeking the proper ointment.

Well, considering that G_D can’t see the island, you might be in the clear. Still, probably best not to take any chances. :wink:

I have a question that’s been bugging me. Does everyone know about the hatch? Why aren’t they lined up to take showers, or throwing dice to see who gets to sleep on the bed. Anybody heard of PARTY with dancing to the music. Also, why did they leave the waterfall area?

And I’ll give out the same warning I gave last week.

My guide on my Expressvu has Lost going 5 minutes long again, so set your VCR?TIVO/PVR/What-ever accordingly…

MtM

Yes. They had to be told at least as early as when Hurley distributed the food.

Good question, but last week Jack told Kate the water pipe was busted. Remember that Jack and Locke need to keep people away from the bunker* because of Henry.

I don’t think that was fully explained, but it probably had to do with fear of The Others after the black smoke incident.

*I hate calling it “the hatch”. That’s like calling your house “the door”.

Thanks for the info JM.
Henry certainly is a manipulative little SOB. I’ll bet anything he’s the one behind Jack going out to meet others about a trade.
Speaking of Jack, is that the only name writer’s think of for main characters? Already we have Jack Bauer (24), Daddy Jack (Alias), Will and Grace, any more?

Jack Lee, Jack Baggins, Jack Black, Jack Flak, Jack Hack,

<brain lock>

-Joe

Some interesting revelations from the Tailsection website.

Are there some similarities between the mural in the Swan Bunker and the paintings we saw in Season 1 during Claire’s backstory (done by her boyfriend)?

And this photo shows the real Henry Gale had some interesting sponsors for his balloon voyage- Hurley’s fast food joint as well as the pregancy test lab (the latter was visible in another photo).

It’s a Rose episode! Finally, we get some backstory to her.

Dr. Giggles! Heeee!

I’m really starting to dislike Rose…

Yep, it’s a church.

Good exchange:

Bernard (to Eko): “I think I liked you better when you just hit people with your stick”
Charlie: “I like you just the way you are.”

Curse you Monstre! Stole my in-show post…

Oooh! Evil look from Pseudo-Gale!

God damn you Kate.

So much for Super-Tracker Kate.

“Sorry…”