Mafia: Evil Dead - DAY/NIGHT EIGHT

thanks for doing all that legwork, Almost Human.

I’m *eagerly *awaiting the **brewha **installment.

In the meanwhile, I’m going to do some double checking on what you’ve dug up.

If I didn’t know you better I might think you were being sincere but as I do I’ll just virtually slap you for taking the piss out of my overlong posts :smiley:

You’ll be pleased to know that this one’s going to be a lot shorter. Millit was quite easy - brewha not so much. Before I start quoting I’m going to say I’m far less sure of this than Millit’s but I do think he’s a good candidate. A lot of his posts have been pretty safe null tells so I’ve had far less to go on. I’d urge all of you not to just take my word for this and the Millit posts but go back and see for yourselves too - you’re bound to find stuff I’ve missed.

I’m keeping my vote on Millit. I think there’s evidence against brewha too but I’m much more confident about Millit.

(On preview I realise I totally lied about the length of this post - soz!)

This is brewha’s post where he’s first off the bat to vote macey. It can be interpreted more than one way. He could simply be town jumping on an overeager scum. He could be scum jumping on scum but expecting the furore to die down - there were a few people (myself included) who didn’t think macey’s statement necessarily made him scum so his lynch wasn’t inevitable. It also took a while to get off the ground so it may well have seemed a safe place to leave his vote. Once the votes did start piling on though it would’ve been difficult to unvote. Plus, scum may well have decided it was worth sacrificing macey there and then.

Of course this is just speculation and in and of itself not enough to base a brewha vote on.

Scum on scum arguing? Possibly.

(snipped)

Points out he’ll look at the late bandwagon voters and players who didn’t vote for macey as scum could be hiding there. By doing this he implies early voters aren’t scum.

Votes Blam - perhaps the scum planned to get rid of him early. He’s a very analytical player and they may not have known his allignment at that point (I’m not sure they ever did but think it’s likely due to the way JS went after him later)

(snipped)

Supports his case for LTL by saying jumping on people led to a mason claim. He was one of the people suspicious of pede himself.

Then votes cookies when his Blam vote goes nowhere. Unvotes here when peeker makes his reveal:

Note here he says he only voted her to see how she’d react.

Then revotes her for ‘protecting’ macey. His reason is that hawk still doesn’t trust her. He also manages to stick in a smudge on NAF in the process.

Sure looks like you are saying you believe this to me.

I don’t understand this - it’s Day 3 and you’re asking this question. Seems like just another way to get town to lynch NAF early.

Seems you’re toning it down a bit now. Maybe you’d been told to back off and be a little less eager to get NAF lynched. Still a large dose of suspicion but now you’re prepared to wait.

“When NAF does get off’d” - well he was taken out that Night. To me it looks as though you’re still hoping to get cookies lynched thereby nullifying NAF’s investigation for that Day. You know you’ll be killing NAF that Night so you can afford to let him wait.

Back to Blam now things have settled down

Interesting seeing as JSexton mentioned Freddy Kruegar first albeit in reference to Total Lost. Perhaps you wanted that part brushed over.

Your reasons for voting/unvoting/voting/unvoting cookies. Sounds good. You admit to getting mixed up with who posted what and admit to being lazy. Scum wouldn’t do that would they?

Hmmm. This probably went a fair way to getting people to unvote MHaye and vote/revote Hal. Admittedly our masons (bless em) were voting/unvoting me at a rate of knots which probably didn’t help but you certainly contributed to letting MHaye live an extra Day.

(snipped)

Now you’re suspicious of MHaye. Now he’s been saved and Hal’s been lynched.

So you think there was a scum presence? Who specifically?

Hey, maybe you can get your buddy to stay alive an extra Day. And yes, I realise the irony as I also wanted to test MHaye. In my case, I thought he was most likely telling the truth, partly because due to my role I knew we definitely still had at least one protective role still alive.

This is pretty safe. You’re back to LTL. You make a smudge on Nanook in the process claiming he’s only voted once which is incorrect. Yes I know you explain that away later with the question mark at the end of your sentence. And you’re hardly going to vote a fellow scum when his death isn’t inevitable.

So before you weren’t entirely sure whether or not MHaye was telling the truth or not. You thought it worth keeping him alive to test it though so obviously you were inclined to believe him. Now he’s dead MHaye’s role pm has suddenly become unrealistic?

This seems far too passive to me but then I do tend to take these things personally.

Admits to his mistake and unvotes. Trying to look town? I dunno.

Oh, while I remember, could everyone who hasn’t yet voted for me do so please. That would be amrussel, Millit, Nanook, Natlaw, Rapier42 and zeriel. And if you could unvoted me afterwards that would obviously be preferable.

If/when I’m able to use my powers it’ll only be on those who’ve voted for me and I’d rather scum had as little idea of who I’m likely to protect as possible.

I know I’m not confirmed so it’s possible I need votes to power up something a la Skrull Planet or I could need them for a third party win so you may not all want to vote the same Day. Heck you don’t have to vote at all but I won’t be able to protect you if you don’t.

Which reminds me…pede, you said your role pm said there were two outsiders or words to that effect (sorry, haven’t gone back to check). We know those were Blam and peek. Does it indicate those were the only 2 third parties or not? I know they probably are but I don’t want us to bugger up because we’re assuming stuff that may not be right.

I wanted to get that in while I remembered it - I’ve thought it a few times but other stuff’s distracted me and I forgot. I’m not suggesting we go hunting 3rd parties just that we should be aware they may still be a possibility unless pede confirms there were definitely only 2.

And I will evaluate someone else in a very very very long post again if they don’t join in a bit.

I’m going to be away until monday - just thought I’d let you all know :slight_smile:

Here’s the exact text:

The ‘you’ there is Pleonast. Anyway, that implies that there are only two deadbeats. I suppose that there could be other fully paid students that have a different win condition, but they probably won’t be much of a concern.

Almost Human - that’s a fair analysis, mostly. The one thing I want to contest is that I never was in favor of lynching NAF.

All I was saying was that I had no reason to trust him completely. Maybe he was scum, maybe he was PFK, maybe he was a nervous puppy that got things wrong.

I never said he as scum and we should lynch him. I was just leery about trusting him.

why does your quote sudeenly say “three”?

Story acknowledged it was a typo in his original PM. It confused us as well. There were two deadbeats.

OK, thanks. I don’t remember seeing the three in the original posting by pede. I do remember the conversation. Did ya’ll change it to say ‘two’ when you posted it in the game thread?

I kept changing it for the game thread because I didn’t want to cause a hullabaloo. I forgot this time.

Eh, I’ll jump on this. vote Almost Humanunvote Almost Human

Nothing’s been really jumping out at me today. It feels like we’re in for a bit of a hunt for the last few scum. I mean, I have a few unsupported itches but that’s about it yet.

Thanks for the offer, AH, but I’m not convinced your PM is legit, yet, and I don’t need protecting.

Better for us all to do it. That way whoever does isn’t now made to look like they’re a power role.

vote Almost Human
unvote Almost Human

And for real:

vote Millit the Frail who is all woman, despite what some ignorant fools would have you believe.

Obviously based on AH’s analysis, but also because of the increased activity since MHaye went down, which suggests to me scum having to regroup.

If scum want to hunt me for a power role, more power to 'em.

Have a little WIFOM, you bastards. :smiley:

You have proof?

Ugh. Well, I’ve got a bit less than a day to make my defense, but I’m not quite sure what to say. If you’re reading my back-and-forth as “scum” instead of as “confused townie,” then there’s nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. And honestly, “Thanks for playing for us?” I was trying to be funny. I thought I was only saying something fluffy. If I were scum and wanted to thank JSexton for playing with me, I’d have done it on the scum boards. That’s the weakest argument you have against me. And I’m not the only one who’s gone back and forth on different players. And remember, I believed Cookies was town since Day 1 for no other reason than the vote pattern. Bufftabby voting Cookies on Day 1 exonerated Cookies for me–it had nothing to do with her claim.

So go ahead; I have no fancy role to claim, and we redshirts are less valuable now anyway, since we are at such a mathematical advantage and still have a Doc (and a backup). Just remember–you’re letting a bunch of non-confirmeds drive the case against me. Pedescribe voted for me on a whim, but then everyone who’s jumped on or provided “evidence” has unknown status. Be careful with that. I hate to say my lynch will prove something, because I really don’t think you should lynch me, but look at who you’re letting pull the strings.

As for me, I’m not inclined to vote for anyone who didn’t vote for JSexton yesterDay. If I were about to be the last scum left, or one of the last two left, I would damn well make sure my vote was on the scum about to be lynched. There would be no other way to survive the game! But that’s just me. The one exception is that I’ll vote to save myself if the opportunity comes up.

Oh, and can I use that “shiny brown turd” line for my sig? I’ve put a lot of work into this game, and if you guys keep lynching townies, I want to make sure I get something out of it anyway. :wink:

He has only my words on the page, trust me.

Oh, and

Unvote special ed
Vote Almost Human
Unvote Almost Human
Vote special ed

Even though that’s about the most useless thing that I could do at this moment.

It could have been a funny fluffy comment, or it could have been a slip where you meant to say thanks for playing with us and messed up. Dot got lynched for something similar in SMB and she was the scum godfather.

Mistaken and/or confused townie is more or less exactly the thing scum are aiming for, so saying that’s what you are is pretty the same as saying “I’m town!” and expecting that to be enough.

I’m not completely sure that I believe AH’s claim 100% yet, but I don’t believe for a second that she’s some sort of 3rd party PFK that will win by getting people to vote for her. As such, I see no reason not to add to the WIFOM for scum that are power role hunting.

Unvote Millit
Vote Almost Human

To be safe, since I almost got myself killed for it in the last dope game, I’ll be putting the revote in my post immediately after this one.

Unvote Almost Human
Vote Millit