This is what gets you a warning these days?

Every generation blames the one before.

I doubt we disagree on as much as you think. But this is the internet and if I’m a bigendian and your a lilliputian, we go to war even if we both like eggs.

In fifteen minutes I found eight warnings, of which one was reversed, and many modnotes (some exceedingly lenient).

May 19, 2010

Modnote

May 23, 2010

Modnote

May 25, 2010

Warning

June 10, 2010

Modnote?

November 29, 2010

Modnote

December 7, 2010

Warning

January 28, 2011

Modnote

September 29, 2011

Modnote

November 22, 2011

Modnote

November 24, 2011

Modnote

July 10, 2013

Modnote

February 26, 2014

Modnote

March 4, 2014

Modnote

March 25, 2014

Modnote

July 6, 2016

Modnote
Warning
Reversal

September 11, 2016

Modnote

July 20, 2018

Warning

April 13, 2020

Warning

April 14, 2020

Warning

October 16, 2020

Warning + Suspension

December 1, 2020

Modnote (nonindividual)

See also December 17, 2020 post,

December 4, 2020

Modnote

January 29, 2021

Modnote

September 9, 2022

Modnote

May 5, 2023

Warning

~Max

Wow, that’s an awful awful awful lot of “you should know better, do it one more time and it’s a warning.”

I think I’m coming around to the idea of moderator bias! Damuria appears to be getting darn near deferential treatment.

Are you advertising’s stuff about his account’s that isn’t possible to know’s?

I will say, in archived posts I’ve read, it seems Marley23 and JonathanChance did not suffer fools gladly, compared to say tomndebb and What_Exit who tend to be more lenient with modnotes. I’m not saying one way or another is better or worse, just something I’ve noticed.

On a related note, a very minor thing: I think this line

Do you actually return to the board to just stir up shit?

shouldn’t be posted outside of the Pit, (in moderator capacity), unless you have determined the member returned to the board to stir up shit and are warning him for that specifically. Reason being that when you post an insult or question good faith in official mod capacity, the member can’t defend themself in-thread or even in the Pit. So unless you’re taking official action for trolling I don’t think it’s appropriate to imply trolling with the modhat on.

Of course mods have the prerogative to say whatever they want whenever they want. If you’re banning someone and want to get the last word in I’d even say that’s reasonable.

~Max

Please note, I did mention with that comment I was bumping it up to the Modloop. We are still discussing this in fact. This was part of an action for trolling.

I stand by the question.

Noted, I’m saying IMO it should have been withheld until you make an actual determination. Not unlike parenting, I think it’s best to present a unified front when it comes to discipline.

~Max

It was with a warning. A warning based on prior bad behavior if you want to extend the analogy.

But I do get your point.

I’ll be honest, I won’t always follow it when I’m dealing with someone with prior suspensions though and a lot of problems.

The exasperation is understandable and this is a very minor point of opinion.

~Max

Marley once shot me just for snoring too loud.

I’d say that banning the entire board makes “did not suffer fools gladly” quite the understatement.

Why would you phrase it as a question if you have already made the determination?

That’s why we have this forum.

Glad to hear it’s still in the modloop. As y’all discuss, I hope you’re paying attention to the Clarence Thomas thread, where DA is Just Asking Questions like four times in a row, in a way that certainly looks like shit-stirring.

Members used to be able to defend themselves in the Pit but too many had been engaging in mod abuse so the defense got moved here.

Special thanks to @Max_S, I used your post to save myself a lot of time in the banning announcement.

Lightweight!

:slight_smile: