Lost 4.07: "Ji Yeon"

Thread rules:

A less than exciting episode last week, so let’s hope this one picks up the pace. Faraday and Lewis either were trying to release poisonous gas or trying to prevent its release-- we really don’t know which. Let’s hope the Lostaways keep a closer watch on those guys…

Does anyone know enough Korean to translate the title of this episode? Looks like it is a female given name, but I don’t know what it’s supposed to mean.

From the preview on Lostpedia for this episode (actually from my TV listings, as Lostpedia doesn’t have anything yet):

** “Ji Yeon” **: Juliet is forced to reveal startling news to Jin when Sun threatens to go to Locke’s camp. Sayid and Desmond begin to get an idea of the freighter crew’s mission when they meet the ship’s captain.

Some useful Café Society links are given below:

Thread index for Season 1 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread index for Season 2 Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 3 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread index for Season 4 episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Official Lost Jargon Thread

Official “Lost” Questions ThreadSeason 1, Season 2, Season 3

Here are some interesting external links:

The Lost Report: A very well written summary of the most current episode often containing interesting insights. I don’t think you’ll find spoilers.

The Tail Section: Excellent site for still frame photos of key scenes, along with some good analysis. But… beware of spoilers!

Sledgeweb’s Lost… Stuff: Pretty good site, but again beware of spoilers. I use it mainly for the Timeline section, which is an incredibly detailed breakdown of “how long since…?” for almost anything you can think of (pre- and post-plane crash).

Door Map from Episode 2.17. A nicely cleaned up version of the diagram Locke saw while pinned under the lockdown doors. No spoilers.

Lostpedia: The wikipedia of Lost information. Quite a comprehensive site, but beware of spoilers!

ThEmIsFiTiShErE: The Misfit offers his whacky commentary on “Lost”. Is he a nut-case or a clever insider? Careful, though, possible spoilers.

And I’m going to miss this one. My DVR broke last week and I’m trying to fix it, and I have to be somewhere tonight. This sucks.

Just watch it tomorrow on abc.com. I’ll probably do the same because I’ve got to meet people for trivia tonight.

That’s the thing, the connection at home isn’t the best for watching stuff like that. We tried to watch Jericho the other night and it was taking 2 minutes for every 1 minute of show.

They have been airing the previous week’s episode in the 8-9 slot every Thursday (with their “enhancements” at the bottom) so you can probably watch it next week if nothing else.

High school basketball. I think I will record it (the local ABC station is showing it at 1:05AM friday)
Brian

Lost is worth spending $1.99 on iTunes. It might take a while to download, but once you watch it, it will run fine.

Not too stoked about tonight’s episode. I like Jin and Sun on the island as supporting (background) characters, but their stories bore me. The only Jin/Sun-centric episode I enjoyed was the one where her man got tossed (jumped?) out the window.

Start it up, then go cook dinner or something. Or use BT. The usually have the episode available the next day or so.

As for tonight’s episode, I will at the TV booing and hissing when Michael shows up as Ben’s man on the freighter. I would be so happy to be wrong – I really really don’t like that character and am meh about the actor.

Are we taking bets as to whether “Ben’s man” actually turns out to be Michael? Cause I’m in the ‘not Michael’ camp.

Oh, I’m betting on Michael. Or Walt.

And…Just had a 42 inch plasma Panasonic High Def flatscreen put in this morning, so this will be the first show I watch on it. Oh boy…

How YOU doin’? :wink:

I posted a question about the title in GQ, but didn’t get any responses yet. I’m guessing that it’s the name Sun has picked out for her baby. My track record on such guesses is not very good.

As for the man on the boat, I wouldn’t be willing to bet on anything. Lots of people seem to think it’s Michael (and/or WAAAAALT!!), and I think it could very well be him. The bearing Ben gave to Michael isn’t exactly the same as the one Faraday gave to the helicopter pilot guy, but it was close enough. Maybe the boat has moved since Michael took off, or maybe he needed a slightly different bearing since he was starting from a different spot on the island. And Michael (and/or WAAAAAALT!!) might not even know they are his man-- what with all the telepathy going on around the island.

You are really, really going to enjoy this.

No idea what it means, but if it is a name, I suppose a pretty good speculation could be that it’s the name of Sun’s unborn child to be revealed in a flash-forward.

ETA: On preview, I see you beat me to it, bastard.

Not really. I wasn’t thinking of flash-forward. IIRC, Julliet gave Sun an ultrasound last season, and she knows the baby is going to be a girl. So it wouldn’t be odd for her to have picked the name out already. But I think you’re rignt-- flash forward it probably is. But will the location of the flash forward be on or off the island? Oceanic 6, anyone?

Just checked the transcript. Juliet said it was too early to tell the sex of the fetus. Must be a flash forward.

I’d love it to be a big red herring (and have it be, I don’t know, Kelvin or something), but Harold Perrineau’s name has been in the credits since the beginning of the season…

A Google whack at “Ji Yeon” turns up a bunch of hits for the episode and, apparently, the name of Miss Korea 1998 (and a Korean actress named Ji-Yeon Park).

So it looks like Sun and Jin’s baby is off to a good start. :wink:

The pop ups on the rerun show are getting a little better.

Looks like, before the first commercial break, we are both proven correct.

When is the year of the Dragon in Korea?

Oh, I just checked and the Year of the Dragon is 2000 and 2012 in Korea?

:confused: