"Shame" snacks you'd never admit to enjoying, outside of the anonymous intertoobz

That sounds like an okay dessert, but I’d be disappointed if i were expecting peach cobbler or strawberry shortcake.

Nah, man. “Shame snacks” has nothing to do with how unhealthy they might be.

We’re talking about cheap, often highly processed garbage you’d be embarrassed for anyone to know you love so dearly.

I like Cheet-os and FunYuns.

I love them more when the bag’s been open for days & they’ve gone stale.

(I’ve also eaten many a slice of Kraft cheeze, directly from the wrapper, standing in front of the fridge late at night.)

The individually-wrapped slices? Those don’t do a thing for me; has to be the Deli Deluxe.

Now that’s low class. We high class hillbillies would fry the baloney first.

TBT it’s when I’m standing in the draft of an an open fridge digging for the last of the cheese slices and almost greasy sheened lunch meat rolling them up around an limp pickle and pressing the crumbs from a Better Made bag of chips into the middle and scarfing it down in situ

Usually occurs mid weekend after neglectful week of no shopping

And/or the weird “hobo-style” consumption methods like not diluting your condensed soup or not cooking your frozen vegetables.

I’m curious: am I the only one who keeps his snack chips in the freezer? They’re better right out of the freezer, I don’t know the science.

Food Basics, part of the Metro chain of supermarkets in Toronto. I don’t recall the brand name offhand. I won’t be going back to Canada until sometime in November, but I can ask my daughter to keep an eye out for them.

Chicharrones. And, if you want to know…I like to make poutine (I got hooked on the stuff when I lived in Canada) with chicharrones and brown gravy and cheese curds or queso de oaxaca or queso fresco! Yummy! Probably gross a lot of folks out though…certainly does my wife, even just plain old chicharrones…

I used to keep the nacho and cool ranch Doritos in the fridge because it made the flavors stronger…

Mine is braunschweiger straight out of the casing with a spoon …preferably farmer john (its a so cal brand…) john Morrel or oscar Meyer will do in a pinch but johns don’t have that occasional metallic aftertaste the others do

This could be the brand. Not 100% sure because the packaging is different, but the pie looks the same. They make a variety of other such pies as well, but blackberry, apple, and cherry are the only ones I’ve seen at Food Basics.

5026b47ac8a0ada0b1b93c9c421adcea.jpg (364×346) (pinimg.com)

Almost 50 years ago, I worked in the library at the University of Minnesota. This was right after microwaves had been installed at the snack bars, and every morning I would nuke a Hostess blackberry pie for my breakfast. I was so impoverished I usually I wouldn’t eat anything else for the rest of the day.

Does anyone else eat Philly cream cheese “neat”?

I don’t need a cracker, a bagel, or a celery stalk to smear it on (although that’s all good). I just need a big hunka hunka cream cheese to cram into my pie-hole. Then maybe another.

mmm

Grilled Nutella sandwich. Prepared exactly the same as a grilled cheese, but with Nutella instead of cheese.

Also, I pretty much exclusively prepare hot dogs in the microwave. It takes less than a minute and there’s so much fat and water in the bastards that you can get a Maillard reaction out of them in a fraction of the time it’d take on the stovetop or air fryer. (Just gotta make sure to slit them so they don’t explode.)

Funny, I was reading an article about that just a couple days ago. Would eat!

As for me, I say there’s not a thing wrong with eating saltine crackers slathered with mayonnaise.

No, but now that you mention it, I’ve nibbled on butter.

And okay, this isn’t exactly a snack i have very often, but if I’m making stew, and I’m cutting up a big hunk-o-meat, I’ll sometimes steal a couple of the interior cubes and just eat them raw. Yum.

Cream cheese and Fritos, mmmmmmmm! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

On the Fourth of July 1974, I rode naked through the streets of Minneapolis on the hood of a friend’s car in return for a bag of Fritos and a brick of Philly cream cheese.

True story, honest! :innocent:

I hate that the packages are almost identical. And one time I wanted to buy some American cheese and it was ALL WRAPPED. :pleading_face: I had a vision of a dystopian future where I can’t even have a good grilled cheese sandwich.

Can of Heinz beans with pork sausages (don’t know if the kind we get here in the UK is the same as you do) with added chopped ham or bacon, whatever I’ve got, and fried mushrooms chopped up. Mix all together, heat in microwave, eat with a spoon in front of the TV.

Uhhhh … I kinda think you’re supposed to unwrap the pieces before you put them in the sandwich. Plastic melts in a frying pan… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What, no chips?!? :astonished: